ooooooooooo

How to install Jeep LED Taillights on the Roxor

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi All,

I got my new LED tail lights working today and I'm really happy with them. They're very bright and I doubt they'll ever burn out. Also, these particular LED lights have a bright running light that shines down onto my license plate very well so there's no need for a secondary license plate lamp. Here's how to make it happen:

1) I used an XTC turn signal kit. This is a very high quality kit and there's a lot of things I like about it. However, you'll need to specify when you purchase this kit that the rear wiring harness will NOT be needed. You will need to have them substitute this harness instead: TSS-UNI-1. You'll need this substitute harness because the roxor uses a 5 wire rear tail light system and the LED only needs 4 wires.

2) You'll need a set of Jeep LED tail lights. I used these from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072VS66SK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1. The price was very fair on Amazon and I got them in just a couple days. When you remove the old tail lights you'll have a flat surface to work with. I found 2 of the holes already lined up so I only had to drill 2 holes for the mounts.

3) as far as wiring these in you'll need a test light and you'll need to trace your reverse wire and hook it directly to the new LED light. The ground also. The XTC harness will have three wires: 1) for the stop 2) for the left turn signal, and 3) for the right turn signal. You''ll need to trace your wire for the stop and cut this wire. Then splice it to the stop wire on the XTC harness. Then just run the left and right turn signal wires over and connect them to the LED tail lights. Last, trace your running light wire and connect that to each LED light.

Another major advantage to this system is you can also splice is a 4 pin trailer connector if your inclined to do some towing and you won't need a converter box. Good LuckView attachment 2052

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here’s the final result.

EA5CA8AB-8200-4BA6-A211-EBE263F231E7.jpeg

Last edited:

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I re did the roll bar so it would protect everyone in the back. It only cost a hundred in pipe to do it.
Buy it online or fabrication shop? do you remember the diameter of tube, did you have to weld to a predrilled plate? Sorry for all the questions, but the look is kick ass and makes a custom soft top so much easier to build.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Buy it online or fabrication shop? do you remember the diameter of tube, did you have to weld to a predrilled plate? Sorry for all the questions, but the look is kick ass and makes a custom soft top so much easier to build.

I'm creating a new post for it.