ooooooooooo

Justify

Jdub

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Oh, man I really want one!! Have been looking at SxS's and CJ's etc. But trying to justify with the boss! Her thought is p/u a old cj or Wrangler and rebuild for less than a base Roxor. Help me out!! Lol!!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you think you're gonna rebuild a CJ (back to similar to new condition) for less than 15k, GL. You will either have a mountain of time in it (not a problem since I do enjoy working on older CJs/Willys), or a mountain of money, or more likely two sizable hills of both.

Oh and these have a diesel that gets 30+ MPG. I love Cummins engine, love em, but their swap kit is 9k itself.

As is, this might be the most well balanced 'Jeep' built. Most Jeep models have a few glaring flaws (Willys brakes and steering, TJ axles, JK pure fatness - 4k lbs? seriously, etc), mechanically this has none.

YW :p

Last edited:

Jdub

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
And like I said... I most definitely want one! It's the other family member that needs to be convinced.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If a classic Jeep is on your radar and diesel is something you really want, it's mighty hard to argue against the Roxor, and I'm a bonified "Jeep Nut". I own 4 actual Jeeps/Willys and have previously owned many.. way too many.. lol. I can say, out-of-the-box, the Roxor fits my bill the best of any Jeep made. It's kinda the best-of-breed by combining most of the best aspects of 70+ years of Jeeping.

Jdub

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks for your input!! The Dutchman in me (cheap) is having a hard time spending $20,000 on something I can't drive to work?!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That I can relate to and prolly why I've owned so many lol.

Why can't you drive it to work? I bet you can with a couple phone calls.. a few stamps. I bet there are very few states that truly stonewall the Roxor from road use.

Jdub

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I do live in a state that you can license atv/ utv for street use. But I have 30 mile commute. If I could get it up to 50 mph it would be great.

RoxorDan

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I do live in a state that you can license atv/ utv for street use. But I have 30 mile commute. If I could get it up to 50 mph it would be great.

One more positive to get the Roxor is the warranty, I wouldn't of gotten one if it wasn't for the warranty, there's always a risk of some problems for a vehicle in it's first year of production.

I had the same dilemma for my commute. I wanted to take the Roxor especially when the weather is good, but would like to get close to 55mph... Just unplug the speedo at the transmission when you are wanting to do your commute at over 45mph, then plug it back in when you are done. Good thing is it won't void your warrenty... Luckily i am able to register the Roxor in my town so it is legal to drive everywhere i want around town and county.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you're really worried about warranty. Spare PCM. Flash spare for speed limit removal. Swap PCM to OEM if you ever need warranty work.

Jdub

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Ok, I am sold!! I have a text into local Mahindra dealers. Hopefully go and look at one this weekend

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
ROXOR Dan - I am not a mechanic. Can you be a little more specific as to where to unplug the Speedo? Maybe send a picture?

As to Jdub and his justify question. I only suggest you accept the ROXOR for what it is and you will love it? I bought a used CJ7 and immediatlely began spending money on it. It got to the point where I didn't want to drive for fear of messing it up. I ended up selling it and making $2,000, so I have been down that path.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I ended up selling it and making $2,000, so I have been down that path.

You got quite lucky actually. Most get WAY upside down in project cars.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you're really worried about warranty. Spare PCM. Flash spare for speed limit removal. Swap PCM to OEM if you ever need warranty work.
Hi jrobz23, I was wondering if you knew of a source to get a spare pcm? It sounds like you may know something I dont:) by pcm do you mean ecu or ecm? Sorry I don't know alot about mechanical stuff.thanks man.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi jrobz23, I was wondering if you knew of a source to get a spare pcm? It sounds like you may know something I dont:) by pcm do you mean ecu or ecm? Sorry I don't know alot about mechanical stuff.thanks man.

I don't know the part# but I've done PCM tuning on several different platforms and the game is always the same.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m not worried about warranty, but I’m definitely ready for some more horsepower and no speed limiter. Please tuning guru’s help me void my warranty!

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m not worried about warranty, but I’m definitely ready for some more horsepower and no speed limiter. Please tuning guru’s help me void my warranty!
From what I've heard disel freaks has a great bench tune fpr 600$. If anybody else has heard anything anything out this please post it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If a classic Jeep is on your radar and diesel is something you really want, it's mighty hard to argue against the ROXOR, and I'm a bonified "Jeep Nut". I own 4 actual Jeeps/Willys and have previously owned many.. way too many.. lol. I can say, out-of-the-box, the ROXOR fits my bill the best of any Jeep made. It's kinda the best-of-breed by combining most of the best aspects of 70+ years of Jeeping.

Jeep over the years could have downsized a model and called it a Side by side. I am an old timer who bought new a CJ 7 in 75 ( golden eagle ) for my girlfriend. With big tires it was getting too wide for the trails. She drove it to School in winter in Illinois. Was like a hog on ice, not very safe on road ( frozen pavement ) . When the Wrangler came out we drove one....horable vehicle compared to the CJ. In all respects. Jeep missed the boat by no longer offering a smaller,simpler ride.......guess the problem was, for all car companies was the roll over scare brought on by 60 min. We had a Samauri after that ( forunner to Sammy ), then a real one in 87, it was just about perfect with some mods.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Excellent commentary and I agree. Mahindra and the ROXOR is now in Jeeps rear view mirror and closing fast. It will be interesting to watch how Jeep responds because they dominate and will not want to give up any market share,they have never shared with any challenge by a side by side. When Mahindra offers their street legal model it will be gloves off and all the folks who remember what a Jeep use to be will jumpiming ship. Mahindra will soon be a force to be reckoned with as I see it.