Introducing the New Mahindra Roxor!

Introducing the NEW Mahindra Roxor!

ROXOR-Base-AllWeather-2022.jpg

TWO models to choose from.
Base model. and a All-Weather Model
base-model-roxor-red.png
ROXOR-all-weather-model.jpg

Press Release:
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (November 11, 2021) – Mahindra announces the launch of its new ROXOR off road SXS available at select Mahindra dealerships. Production has already begun in its Auburn Hills, Mich., assembly plant and product began shipping to dealers the first week of November.

“The ROXOR brand has built a passionate following with off-road enthusiasts and rural lifestyle customers. We are excited to bring this unique SXS back into the market,” said Viren Popli, President and CEO, Mahindra Ag North America and Mahindra Automotive North America.

“We are redefining the SXS category with this strong and rugged machine. It is designed and built for reliability and performance that will exceed customer expectations.”

The new ROXOR maintains the core strength of a boxed steel frame, steel body, a Mahindra 2.5L turbo diesel engine, and its unmatched torque and towing power. ROXOR is perfect for farmers, ranchers, outdoor enthusiasts and rural property owners who are tired of having to fix and replace light-duty, plastic-bodied side-by-sides.

“The fast-growing rural lifestyle segment presents a great opportunity for ROXOR,” said Rich Ansell, VP of Marketing for Mahindra Automotive North America. “The demand for the ROXOR with farmers and ranchers is strong due to the vehicle’s ability to take on the tough jobs around their property. They already know and like the Mahindra brand because of how successful we’ve been with our tractors, and we intend to build on this strong reputation for tough, easy-to-use products.”

“The Mahindra brand is synonymous with tough and ROXOR further solidifies this position,” said Popli. “We are excited to create a new definition of SXS, one that matches our tractors for tough and handles any job with ease.”

Click here to view the ROXOR Base Model. Click here to view the ROXOR All-Weather Model.

Last edited:
not too sporty wish I had all ten back that I bought in 2018 just my opinion it does appear that only the fenders and hood would need to be changed to retro back to willys look

Some pics I boosted from On The Rox Fab showing what the new rig looks like with some accessories. I admit to being upset/disappointed with the change but I'll also admit the OTR stuff dresses it up nicely.

dec22f5b97cb1a0facdd92c12f99f975.jpg

This other pic is with the bonnet up to show how the new hood and fenders work. Note the new latch mechanism.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
39a73b179e0b3eca056797c99796d919.jpg

not too sporty wish I had all ten back that I bought in 2018 just my opinion it does appear that only the fenders and hood would need to be changed to retro back to willys look
I’m curious how well the old short hood CJ fenders and hood would bolt up. I don’t think they’ll line up good enough to look great. That little ledge on the cowl isn’t in a CJ. Someone will need to come up with a way to add a piece to fill it. Once that’s done i think the swap will be easy. Especially if they make a template to predrill the fenders assuming mounting holes don’t line up. I’m not a lawyer but I bet making that template and the cowl ledge filler piece does not infringe on any Jeep patents/trademarks. Seems a good opportunity for a small fab shop to produce those items and then let the Roxor owner source his hood and fenders.

Honestly, I love it. I wasn’t able to buy one before they got pulled off the market and spent last almost 2 years looking for a comparable alternative to which none exist. Any new base truck is running over 40k, used trucks well over 30k, all of them are chock full of electronics that fail and create issues with expensive fixes that almost always require dealer. Side by sides are over 20k and are made of plastic with belts to drive them and I destroy within 2 years of work. This Roxor will last me 30+ years on my property, can be mended in my garage, and comes in under 20k I don’t care what it looks like, love that they kept it simple. Buying one ASAP

Last edited:
The open hood picture is interesting.

The inside edge on the fenders already has the curved lip that looks as if a 2018-2020 hood would fit. The lip points well inside where the headlights are now.

The headlights need to move to the center of the grill. Would be nice to see the sheet metal behind the wide plastic grill.
The radiator box (so it seems) has the same dimensions of a 2018-2019. The grille is so wide that one could find room to the left and the right of the radiator to cut holes for headlights. Maybe the holes are already there (e.g. cutouts to "safe weight"? Then you trim the sheet metal at the end of the grille.

The design of the stubby fenders looks ok. Some folks trim fenders anyway. Now its already a finished look from the factory.

Fender latch vs hood latch is a consideration when replacing the hood.

Wow, the prices have increased a lot, too. Great to see that the Roxor is still alive.

Since they were going full-width on the hood, it would have been really cool to see a design with little ridges on the edges like the 1960s Bronco hoods.

Still, looks like it is the same vehicle "under the hood" with plenty of room for modifications as owners feel is appropriate. Good times!

Good news is it's the same basic vehicle. Cosmetics will be taken care of by aftermarket. More concerning at this early stage may be accessory cost increases -- provided items like RoxPower, formerly $199, and now $371 isn't a typo. Hopefully, dealer networks will be quickly and vastly expanded to include more local tractor/Ag dealerships, not just scattered UTV places that carry a few Mahindra riding mowers and garden tractors on the side. My really helpful dealer, 160 miles away RT, has been dropped. The Roxor customer service folks seriously suggested an alternative 350 miles RT. Won't be visiting there often. Perhaps, Sherwood will restock and save the day.