ooooooooooo

Interstate MTZ-34R Battery

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Has anyone tried the Interstate MTZ-34R AGM battery in the Roxor? Its about time for a new one and Ive been searching for info on replacement batteries til Im thoroughly confused. I see where some have had to do some hold down mods on the 34 but not sure if its brand related.
I appreciate any input.

Edit: Added picture of the battery. It has the reversed terminals like the OEM Roxor battery.
1696357187694.png

Last edited:

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sam's Club has the Duracell type 34 AGM for $199. I bought the non AGM and it fit perfect. Terminals were correct and no hold down mods.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sam's Club has the Duracell type 34 AGM for $199. I bought the non AGM and it fit perfect. Terminals were correct and no hold down mods.
Thanks Vinny. Doesn't look like they have that one available here in Alexandria, La. I saw another post that mentioned that option (might have been you). Somehow I have got the understanding that the posts should be toward the firewall and the positive to the passenger side. I looked at my battery this evening and it isnt that way. The hold down bracket is really close to the battery terminals though. Its an OEM Roxor battery, so I guess this is ok.
Like I said in my original post, I have got myself way too confused over something as simple as a replacement battery.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You probably saw my post. I did the 34/78 battery with side terminals. They wrap over the top edge of the battery and are covered by plastic where the tie down bracket would go. It could possibly ground out in time or more likely would interfere with the side terminals and the winch power cables. Without those side terminals I think you’d be fine. Just have to see what it looks like installed and make mods if necessary

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You probably saw my post. I did the 34/78 battery with side terminals. They wrap over the top edge of the battery and are covered by plastic where the tie down bracket would go. It could possibly ground out in time or more likely would interfere with the side terminals and the winch power cables. Without those side terminals I think you’d be fine. Just have to see what it looks like installed and make mods if necessary
Thanks Txroadkil! I see they have this one available locally. I'll have to see if the cables have enough slack to use the terminals toward the firewall. It seems like Sams battery availability is a bit sketchy online too. We need to go pick up some things at Sams this weekend, so I will check there first. The one Vinny suggested seems like an upgrade that is a direct fit if they have it and its about $50 less than the Duralast.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I went to Sams yesterday and they had the 24/34 AGM for $199 like Vinny suggested. It fits great. One point not that others may not know, the 24/34 from Sams has a plastic extension that clips on the bottom to make it the same height as the OEM battery. This makes the hold down bracket work correctly.