ooooooooooo

If Roxor were available as a 'knock-down kit'...would you buy?

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Depends on the price. Assembly from scratch is a big undertaking but if the price was right. Sure, I bought this as something to do with my teen, I can only imagine if we had to put it together first!! We would spend all kinds of time together... On second thought, maybe not lol...

drg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
none
I am just guessing wildly here, but I assume that a stripped, basic model, unassembled model would be in the $7-8k range plus S+H...maybe less if you could a la carte/delete items that you don't want and will upgrade or substitute anyway(maybe you'd buy some parts locally, or have some on hand already)

DAMCars

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Order without the motor and perhaps the trans in favor of the Cummins R2.8.

Reactions: drg

drg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
none
That's a good call...drops the S+H weight charges too. Along those lines, maybe order them without wheels/tires and other massive parts that could be sourced locally more cheaply. Do you know anyone who can make this happen? ;)

Last edited:

HTW

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I have a low mile Toyota 22R motor with 5-speed and transfer case out of a pickup that turned into rust dust. I have always contemplated putting it in an old CJ but this would be a even better option. The longer wheelbase would allow more room for the drive train vs a CJ5

drg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
none
I have a low mile Toyota 22R motor with 5-speed and transfer case...
Very cool plan. I'm in a similar boat, but with a VW TDi engine(no transfer case though)

BookBarbarian

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes I would.

I've thought before how it would be neat to assemble one from a crate just like they would have done in India in 1947. Plus I get to make some memories working on it with my boys.

drg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
none
Yes I would.

I've thought before how it would be neat to assemble one from a crate just like they would have done in India in 1947. Plus I get to make some memories working on it with my boys.
Yeah, I assembled a tractor partial knock-down. It was fun...plus, you can trust the 'quality control.'

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wonder if a kit Roxor would make it easier to get a title and license for on-road use, under the assembled vehicle laws some states have?

HTW

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I sent a question to Roxor about any plans to offer a build it yourself kit. They replied that they, "do not know of any plans for the 'do it yourself' kits but keep checking back with us." Interesting so they did not say no and left if open. Such a kit is not unheard of. Here is one you can order now for an MB. I looked into getting this for myself a few years ago but so far have not pulled the trigger on anything. With this MB kit you would need axles and drive train. I happen to have some Toyota stuff that I could get to work but the hood on the MB would not be able to close.
Store | C&C Equipment

1572639396574.png

1572639419167.png