ooooooooooo

Hydraulic winch

Bdwelder_99

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Just a random thought. Has anyone installed a hydraulic winch on there roxor. Or have experience with one.
Something like a mile marker h9000.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Na. I've never worked with the hydraulic winches before but I have used the PTO style. Personally I'm really happy with my electric 13000 xbull. I've already used it 3 times to pull people out of the snow.

Roxorjoe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I installed an older mile marker hydraulic winch on my roxor. It was actually pretty easy the power steering pressure line is banjo fittings so I found adapters on eBay to go from banjo to jic and plumbed it all in to the valve block and wired the solenoids. I refilled the power steering pump and drove it around to bleed the air out and ran the winch in and out a bunch. It works really well it will never over heat its very unique and best of all didn't cost me much since I had it sitting around just a mount plate adapters and a couple hoses.

Roxorjoe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
20190205_192850.jpg

Karl Probts

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Nice. I am researching mounting a Mile marker 75 series. I too have had this winch a long time. Would you be willing to share some more pics, and maybe the details on the plumbing?

Roxorjoe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It will be a few days before I can get more pics since I'm back on shift at work. I didn't have any directions so I just figured it out as I went. There is a braided steel line that goes from the power steering pump to the steering gear that has banjo fittings on each end. That line is the pressure line you you need to remove. The adapters I used were 14mm bolt on one and 16mm bolt on the other and both needed to be -6AN JIC which is 3/8" hydraulic hose I believe. I had an aluminum valve block with four -6AN JIC fittings on it and the two solenoid cartridges stacked on top of it that came with the winch. I don't remember exactly which hose went where but I just blew air through to see which pair of fittings were normally open. You need to take the pressure line from the pump to one normally open fitting and out the other normally open fitting to the steering gear so that without power all flow is directed to the steering gear like normal. The other two fittings just went out to the winch and don't really make a different which one goes where I just wired the solenoids so the winch operated the correct direction to the controller.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I installed an older mile marker hydraulic winch on my roxor. It was actually pretty easy the power steering pressure line is banjo fittings so I found adapters on eBay to go from banjo to jic and plumbed it all in to the valve block and wired the solenoids. I refilled the power steering pump and drove it around to bleed the air out and ran the winch in and out a bunch. It works really well it will never over heat its very unique and best of all didn't cost me much since I had it sitting around just a mount plate adapters and a couple hoses.
I was researching hydraulic vs electric winches and found this article.
Electric Winches vs Hydraulic Winches

Karl Probts

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It will be a few days before I can get more pics since I'm back on shift at work. I didn't have any directions so I just figured it out as I went. There is a braided steel line that goes from the power steering pump to the steering gear that has banjo fittings on each end. That line is the pressure line you you need to remove. The adapters I used were 14mm bolt on one and 16mm bolt on the other and both needed to be -6AN JIC which is 3/8" hydraulic hose I bel
It will be a few days before I can get more pics since I'm back on shift at work. I didn't have any directions so I just figured it out as I went. There is a braided steel line that goes from the power steering pump to the steering gear that has banjo fittings on each end. That line is the pressure line you you need to remove. The adapters I used were 14mm bolt on one and 16mm bolt on the other and both needed to be -6AN JIC which is 3/8" hydraulic hose I believe. I had an aluminum valve block with four -6AN JIC fittings on it and the two solenoid cartridges stacked on top of it that came with the winch. I don't remember exactly which hose went where but I just blew air through to see which pair of fittings were normally open. You need to take the pressure line from the pump to one normally open fitting and out the other normally open fitting to the steering gear so that without power all flow is directed to the steering gear like normal. The other two fittings just went out to the winch and don't really make a different which one goes where I just wired the solenoids so the winch operated the correct direction to the controller.
Thanks roxorjoe.
I ordered the fittings,and contacted mile marker for the flow disk I didn't have.
They were very helpful.
Now that I have the instructions, the installation looks to be simple.
Thanks again for your help.

Roxorjoe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks roxorjoe.
I ordered the fittings,and contacted mile marker for the flow disk I didn't have.
They were very helpful.
Now that I have the instructions, the installation looks to be simple.
Thanks again for your help.

No problem let me know how it works out