ooooooooooo

OEM Winch

Kyjondeere

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Is there anything special about the OEM winch that justifies the higher price getting it from a Roxor dealer. The winch with the up level bumper and winch plate is listed for $1270. The up level bumper with the winch plate is $460. That is $810 for the OEM warn winch. I have found what appears to be the same Warn winch on other online sites for $580.

Is there something included with the OEM winch that justifies this increase in price such as integrated wiring harness etc?

I am considering getting just the bumper and plate then buying the winch somewhere else. One thing that drives this is the OEM winch/bumper package doesn't come with the stinger. The OEM bumper/mounting plate package has the stinger.

I just don't want to have issues installing the winch cause it doesn't have the correct wiring harness etc.

Thoughts??

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Is there anything special about the OEM winch that justifies the higher price getting it from a Roxor dealer. The winch with the up level bumper and winch plate is listed for $1270. The up level bumper with the winch plate is $460. That is $810 for the OEM warn winch. I have found what appears to be the same Warn winch on other online sites for $580.
No not in my opinion, just Mahindra mark-up.

Is there something included with the OEM winch that justifies this increase in price such as integrated wiring harness etc?
No, not in my opinion, everything I needed for the install was in the kit by Warn, cables, circuit protection, hawse, cable and handheld control, should be included the same for M8000 kit.

I am considering getting just the bumper and plate then buying the winch somewhere else. One thing that drives this is the OEM winch/bumper package doesn't come with the stinger. The OEM bumper/mounting plate package has the stinger.
I couldn't justify the Factory bumper/winch cost, which again was all that available at the time and I didn't believe I would need the M Series winch so that's where my cost savings were realized, going the route I went. If I was doing it over now I'd order either the OTR plate and make my bumper or RXR Stinger plate/bumper and the VR8000.

EDIT: Sorry I lost track of response, hence the edit, hope you get this. I went with a winch fab plate from Barnes 4x4 and the Warn VR8000 both from Amazon and a piece of 6" channel for front bumper and did the fit/finish/install. The Warn VR Series is their off shore price sensitive product with the lower duty cycle than the M8000 and not the same quality winch but having past experience with the VR's and my expected use it was a good fit.

I just don't want to have issues installing the winch cause it doesn't have the correct wiring harness etc.
In my opinion you won't if you make sure of what's included in the winch kit. Everything should be integrated down to the remote control. If you want a wireless control and/or a dash rocker switch that would add a little to the complexity but you would have to specifically order those components.

Thoughts??

Hopes this helps.

IMG_0905.JPG

Last edited:

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Don't believe there is anything unique about the Roxor LE OEM winch. It is the Warn M8000, which has been around for many years, has an excellent reputation and is well suited for Roxor. Of course, the LE comes with the winch and HD battery, all ready to go. Like all packages, a big part of what one pays for is convenience, in this case, a winch, HD battery, bumper upgrade. all connected and ready to work. The LE package also includes special cosmetics and other features, resulting in a greater than $3,000 difference in suggested retail over the Classic/Basic model. In virtually every instance with package features, it is possible to buy pieces separately and install them at substantial savings, assuming no cost for labor/time. The winch, as noted, is no exception. (Customizing add-ons and upgrades is part of the fun and a prime appeal of the base Roxor. Hence, the stock Roxor's restricted engine, open differential and non-aggressive tires, generates lots of good aftermarket advice from mechanically talented forum members.) It is possible, for example, to buy an OTR front bumper w/stinger and D-ring mounts, winch plate and winch for a bit less than the $1270 package cost. This is certainly true if one shops around for on-sale items, finds a lightly used winch or buys something other than the Warn brand name. I found a local Warn XD9000 with minimal wear for a bit over $400 and it has worked out well -- a far sight better than the $1200 plus retail for this model. Installation is simple with lots of internet how-to advice. So far, I have not upgraded to an AGM battery. Seems that for all the tricked out Jeeps I"ve come across, about half of their winches are apparently bought for appearances or very occasional use, so there lots of potential bargains to be had.

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy

Thoughts??

You're paying mostly for convenience. You will obviously have to do all the work and provide and run the properly sized cable. I believe the OEM stinger is a bolt on though and it has a sort of fairlead on it as well. For me, the OTR HD bumper that has a much smaller stinger that basically covers the winch is a better way to go than the OEM IMHO. its all a matter if preference though. Also, when checking out your winch on line, make sure its a newer contactor version (M8) vs the solenoid version and not a VR8. Consider getting a M8-s (3/8 line) and the aluminum fairlead. That will save you about 40 or more pounds in weight.

Jgeib

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I did a Rul King winch plate, had to modify, $49, smittyilt 9500, $249 and a remote toggle switch kit, $49, custom made bumper with D-rings and a custom made Dinali Snow plow mount, out the door powder coated $700. Grand total, $1050.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No. Take a look at my thread "Budget Friendly Winch" . I installed a really nice 13000lb winch and plate for under 400 dollars

Peder53

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No. Take a look at my thread "Budget Friendly Winch" . I installed a really nice 13000lb winch and plate for under 400 dollars
Have you posted a pic of your install? I just got my winch yesterday and I’m going to start on the project the weekend.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I posted a thread a
Have you posted a pic of your install? I just got my winch yesterday and I’m going to start on the project the weekend.

I posted a thread a couple months ago. If you search xbull it should come up because I installed a really nice 13000 lb xbull winch with synthetic rope.

I used a universal 36 winch plate. The best advice I can give you is to cut a couple inches off each side. You'll also want to hole saw a hole above the stering box so you can access the adjuster bolt. Also, I think it's easiest to fish a couple bolts through the frame so you have a stud to work with. Then mark your holes where the studs are coming out and then bolt it down.