ooooooooooo

HUMMM? WHAT IS THIS FOR? ?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Had a little time and sold a few toys. Now I have a newly completed project on the Roxor.

So a tease, what is this that I have created and what is it's use?

BDRAG

IMG_20200819_115627.jpg

IMG_20200819_115627.jpg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I will bite, I'm probably way off, but the Marine in me want to say a radio mount.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
I will bite, I'm probably way off, but the Marine in me want to say a radio mount.
BUZZZZZZZZ ! I wish but NO. lol. Next.

Another clue. Its 15 " x 16" in size.

BDRAG

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
He’s moving the seat back via the bracket. More leg room and a little more height will be the end result.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
And also probably not factory seats as well. Adapters

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Seat adjustment so short legs can reach the pedals. Or maybe the opposite, as well.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
txroadkill and MaxA basically combine to get it.

It is an adaptor plate I made to fit up to the summit racing seats I bought so I can get some recline. I wanted to keep the factory seat rails since they bolt into the seat box which seem to be reinforced.

The seats I chose have knob type dial not a lever to recline so it is infinitely adjustable. They also have a lever on the side of the back to snag and tilt seat forward to access behind the seats if needed.

So not knowing exactly how wide the new seats were and wanting as much leg room as I can get, I tried to get the front of the new seat at least as far back as the OEM seats. Fearing that the new seats ARE WIDER I was not sure if the seat would hit the lower seatbelt reel.

So when I took all my measurements I allowed for a row of holes to move the new seat inboard 3/4 of an inch to get me back a hair more. Good thing I did this. It just hits on the reel as it locks all the way after.

The seats are pretty dang firm. The lower bolsters are hard and will take my fat ass a bit to smash down some. I have to scooch my fat ass in and onto the bolsters then do a gidfiup up and pop down in. Lol. I can't have my .380 in my back pocket comfortably now.

They do have a bunch of lumbar and the fact the front of the seat is about 1 inch taller than stock in the front but a tad lower at the back, the butt position is good to me.

BDRAG

IMG_20200819_154315.jpg IMG_20200819_154333.jpg IMG_20200819_154345.jpg IMG_20200819_154408~2.jpg IMG_20200819_154352~2.jpg IMG_20200819_182302.jpg IMG_20200819_182647.jpg

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
The seats cost about $200 plus shipping. It depends on color. Grey and beige are $157. Black are
$ 206??? They are vinyl but if you want clith textured material your color combos are many. And they are $50 cheaper.

BDRAG

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The seats cost about $200 plus shipping. It depends on color. Grey and beige are $157. Black are
$ 206??? They are vinyl but if you want clith textured material your color combos are many. And they are $50 cheaper.

BDRAG
Where did you order these from BDRAG?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
I wanted the pro car-1615 series seats but they were 3-5 weeks out. Slightly taller but with more squish in the butt cusion. They do not flip forward though. Look like they are built better.

The seats I bought were not the best assembled units. Both had slight damage dealing with trim. One was missing one of the flip fwd knob thingy. The hand crank knob is welded to a square key shaft that runs through the hinge mechanisms and is the shaft between the two hinges. There are trim pieces that cover the mechanism / hinge and these are held in with a few push in plastic buttons and pressed against the hinge with the other side adjust knob which is then set screwed in place. This knob was bearly hanging on. It was a loose batch of crap! Both had loose trim. Still missing one pop in pin.

After some fanaglin, I was able to get it all adjusted up tight and held in place with tightened knob and side plates pressed tight when I cranked down on the set screw. Lol. Needless to say, the imported unit was tossed in a cardboard box, reclined completely flat and had ZERO PACKING. So when UPS or whoever handles these seats, they just throw them around. This can lead to all the damage I described. Chunk it and it lands on the adjust knob.

I did call Summit on the damage and missing parts. They do not have a parts list for the seat so they wanted to send me new seats. I told them that's great but would be costly and anything messed up On these would be messed up on the new ones to! All I mainly wanted was the missing back flip fwd knob. There are two on each seat so it still works and is accessible with just one.

So the guy issued me a 10% rebat for compensation. That was fine. I will just pull the same knob off the other seat to make them look the same. Lol.

BDRAG

Last edited:

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Seat update:

After having the CHEAP SEATS in for a few trips to the land and driving around town, getting in and out of the seat with its tall bolsters was hard on the seat itself.
As I would turn or twist and roll out of the seat, the bolster would roll off of its seat frame / bar that kept the side bolsters in place. After 30-40 exit cycles the foam would not spring back over the frame. This left a real irritating bulge without any foam on it. My left hip/butt cheek was riding on a 3/8 - 1/2 round bar with just material between my ass and the bar.

I tried injecting some glue with a syringe on the gar and then rolling the foam back on. It worked for 1 exit cycle then it never popped back where it belonged. S H I T !

So I pulled the seat and took it to a local trim shop. The guy named Van from Cambodia pulled the seat apart and removed the support bars and re shaped the bolsters. He charged me $140. Geeeezzzzzus! The damn seat only cost $200. Errrrrrr.

Well it made the seat work. But now the foam would flop over and just kinda lay there, like it did before accept now you could flop it back up. Errrrrr.

So I got pissed, decided to Magiver a side support to keep the holster in place while the driver exits. I made a cardboard template in about 4 minutes. Called my buddy Pete and headed over with the template.

We found a piece of 11 gage steel in his stash and cut out the two pieces needed. I eye balled the curve shape I thought would be close to the seat shape. Pete welded it up, ground off most of the nasties. I then applied the rattle can black.

Once home I disassembled the seat from the adaptor plate. Drilled the attach holes in the new side support and seat plate. Once it was all drilled in I pulled it apart and I did counter sink fasteners from the top to keep all the fasteners out of the way of any sliding seat parts.

Assembled it all back together and WOW! It works PERFECT! LOL.

I only did the one side where my fat ass smashes it upon entry and exit. The inboard side does not crush because 300 plus pounds ain't smashing it over the edge. Lol. The passenger seat is fine. I don't ride there much and when I do, since there is no steering wheel in the way, I can lift up and over the bolsters.

So a Saturday morning of fabrication and install. I think it took 3 hours with an hour of driving thrown in. Beer30.....

Being 6 foot tall and 6 feet in diameter is not the ideal shape to stuff in these little clown cars! Hahaaaaaa. I love this thing!

BDRAG

PXL_20201227_235346505.jpg PXL_20201227_235351675.jpg PXL_20201227_235725949.jpg PXL_20201227_235725949.jpg PXL_20201228_000630501.jpg PXL_20201228_001057103.jpg PXL_20201228_001543947.jpg PXL_20201228_001551322.jpg