ooooooooooo

Engine Light On

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello all. I've been so busy on the cattle farm and have enjoyed the Roxor the past few years. Right now it has 5,100 miles on it with no changes nor modifications on the basic engine. Last week, the engine light came on while we were tagging calves and went off a bit later. Tonight , it came on again. It's been terribly busy here as we're trying to rebuild fencing and working about 11 hours a day (7) for the past month or 2. I change oil, grease, do basic maintenance but don't know where to start with this electronic stuff. It's bad to not have any dealers in my state any longer.( If I had known this I would not have bought it) I'll be looking for loose wiring , connectors , and try cleaning the exhaust . and suggestions will be much appreciated.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ok. Thank you txroadkill . I'll try to order that this evening when I get in. Do you have any suggestions from amazon?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m running a scanguage 2. I have a thread here that shows some of the x gauges you can program in it that are Roxor specific. I’m sure there’s other options that are as good or better. With the scanguage you can Velcro it on the dash and have water temps, voltage and 2 other gauges of your choice to monitor.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ok I got it ordered. I really appreciate everyone . Thanks and will let it be known when it comes in. I will sleep better tonight. :)

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The Scan Gauge OBD II scanner came in. I finally got access to the plug under the dash ( tight under there haha) . OK, I removed the orange plug and am almost ready to begin. Uh oh, the plug on the scan gauge II has a different shaped end than on the the Roxor port . What type of adapter should I get ? Thank you
It looks like this will work ? OBD2 Adapter - Diesel Freak

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The Scan Gauge OBD II scanner came in. I finally got access to the plug under the dash ( tight under there haha) . OK, I removed the orange plug and am almost ready to begin. Uh oh, the plug on the scan gauge II has a different shaped end than on the the Roxor port . What type of adapter should I get ? Thank you
It looks like this will work ? OBD2 Adapter - Diesel Freak

That adapter will work. That’s why I said you need an adapter and a code reader. Get that ordered and you should be all set to read the codes.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got the adapter from Diesel Freak and hooked up the Scan Gauge this evening. It was about too dark to see my manual though so will have to wait till tomorrow or Monday depending on the cows and their calves born tomorrow. ( Had a flash flood late this afternoon and my seat cover is wet) .Also may have to do jury duty next week as I got the letter in the mail. Will call and see tomorrow after 5p the letter says.
I did notice some "blotches" at certain times on the display screen of the scan gauge. Hopefully that is just in warm up.
I added antifreeze to the reservoir and removed the muffler plug to "get the soot out". The light went off for a bit but came back on . Be nice to solve this. Thank ya'll.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No jury duty for me . Just farm work. I did finally get a legible code off of the scanner and it appeared to be P0405 , On Page 153 of diag. manual. I took the time this morning to check all of the vac lines and tightened all of the other hose clamps , also looked for loose wires and wiggled probably everything under the hood. When I turned the key and started it, the light came back on . After a few more cycles though, the light went off and has stayed off all day thru many starts and stops. I'm hopeful that the problem will stay away. I will likely be returning the scanner though, because the one I was sent has display problems.
Thanks to Txroadkill and Harry for help and encouragement.
KIMG1534 scanner.jpeg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Some codes are set then if the problem is fixed it might take a few cycles for it to turn off. Glad you sorta got the problem figured out. If it comes back I’d take the egr off with the help of a tune or remove the valve and use some carb cleaner and clean the valve out as it’s possible the carbon soot has it gunked up enough to stick and then the ECM senses it’s stuck and sets a code. Not sure how the Roxor egr actually works but that’s what I would do.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you Txroadkill. I appreciate that suggestion on using the carb cleaner too. I can see where the soot would cause a problem. I hope I don't have to do it though haha. I have enough farm work to last me months and months. ( Thank goodness for hydraulic augers and hyd t post drivers. ) and Roxors ha.

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
At the end of the day, disconnect the neg side of the battery, and let the vehicle sit over night, and the next morning hook it back up. Doing this generally rests the ECU in a vehicle, and clears all codes. Just like restarting your home computer, this is doing the same thing. Most of the time it's a half hour or so, but I don't know for the Roxor, but overnight will clear it, and at least you can start off with a fresh slate, and if something happens again, you can quickly hook up your test equipment and see what's going on.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
At the end of the day, disconnect the neg side of the battery, and let the vehicle sit over night, and the next morning hook it back up. Doing this generally rests the ECU in a vehicle, and clears all codes. Just like restarting your home computer, this is doing the same thing. Most of the time it's a half hour or so, but I don't know for the Roxor, but overnight will clear it, and at least you can start off with a fresh slate, and if something happens again, you can quickly hook up your test equipment and see what's going on.
Thank you much 1BB. This is great to know. :)

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
AZROX. I wiggled and tapped on the box where the vacuum connections go. but then I wiggled and tapped on everything else too , ha.
The manual says : 6.29 P0405 — EGR VALVE SHORT TO GROUND ERROR 6.29.1 EGR MODULATOR EGR modulator controls the EGR valve through vacuum. The EGR modulator is actuated by the EMS ECU.
I'm sure not a mechanic just the basic stuff. Thanks for everyone's help.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well, here it is almost Sept 2023 and although after rapping lightly and wiggling the wires on my EGR sensor, the check engine light (Code 405)went off, (still lights up initially during crank) I was sure glad it went off, because I failed to hear from member that was planning on removing his and sending the EGR to me. . Now although , I changed my fuel filter about a month ago, It has started hesitating and blowing smoke out the tailpipe for a few seconds during use a few times a day. The new fuel filter didn't help.( I did bleed air out thru the little valve on top of the canister) It works ok most of the time but seems to be getting to do this more and more. It doesn't last long but sure worries me. This is my question... If I were to get a replacement EGR valve like the oem or the stage 1 from Diesel Freaks, .. do ya'll think this will fix this problem?. I'm not interested in speed nor other extras. I just want to be normal again. Thanks for any help.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I ordered the test plates from On The Rox and did the egr removal per a video I watched. All is great now and the Roxor is purring like a kitten . My order of test plates were in limbo for a week at the UPS facility and "On the Rox" took care of me - great folks there.

Ridem32

The DF stage 2 will really let your roxor preform much much better even if you do not raw hide it. You will be shocked how much better its runs. It’s the best modification you can do to your stock roxor. DF did mine when it was new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk