ooooooooooo

Hewitt Gauge Installation

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Installed a Hewitt Industries Boost/Pyrometer gauge set purchased from Amazon for $184.00. Seemed a little cheap and quality was a concern. Always used Isspro on past vehicles. After reading a few reviews customers seemed happy.

The gauges are straight up with nothing fancy. The thermocouple comes with a lifetime warranty. Overall happy with the decision.
DSCN2619.JPGDSCN2620.JPGDSCN2621.JPG

Last edited:

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looks really nice!

Thank you. I scratched my wooden head for a while trying to figure where to place them?

The EGR delete plate sure made the thermocouple location a snap.

The intake was a different story for locating the fitting for the boost line. After removing the toaster it was determined in the corner would work fine. Was also able to remove the cuttings with a shop vac. There was an oil film so the cuttings the vacuum cleaner would not remove were taken care of with a shop towel and screwdriver.

The alternative was removing the intake which would require removing the fuel rail. Technically the high pressure lines require replacement anytime they are detached.

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Im curious why you would normally need to monitor boost and temp? Are you towing or managing fuel economy or something of the like?

Kickinrox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
With your full egr delete do you know if the ECU is registering codes or is there a check engine on in the dash guage? Just wondering if it messes with factory fuel settings as it no longer sees a coolant recirculation tempature or egr valve open position. I want to do the same thing to free up some engine compartment space but am leaning to just adding the plate between the exhaust manifold and the egr manifold so the ECU continues to see the valve sensor.

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Im curious why you would normally need to monitor boost and temp? Are you towing or managing fuel economy or something of the like?

Just wanted to establish a baseline for when I send the ecm sent off for re-tuning. They also can be great troubleshooting devices as well.

Last edited:

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
M151 that looks very good & clean work, I pondered the same thing about where to mount mine. Here's what I came up with.

20190426_182929.jpg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My egt hasn't gone higher than 800 or so, I've heard too keep it below 11-1200. My base line off-road or rock crawling was about 5-600. On road was a little bit higher, not much. I'm fairly new to this but that's what the gauge is telling me. Do these #'s sound right?

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Your numbers look normal. Cummins would test the early B-engines under full load for thousands of hours at maximum egt's, tear the engines down to inspect for wear and then sell them as used units.

I just wish there was more information available on our 2.5's? Like block webbing, bearing size and do the pistons utilize cooling jets?