ooooooooooo

Hardtops?

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You mean these?

56344399_2277797142477212_9136205525258600448_n.jpg56373636_2277823332474593_3467106950922108928_n.jpg

bradthebard

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I just got the bikini top with mine. I plan to fiddle around with making a fiberglass halfcab before winter. All the Roxor hard tops I have seen look like a janky, angular mess. I will post a build thread when I do and, if it comes out well enough, I am going to keep the forms and jigs and sell em.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
6k for a freaking half cab no AC! F U mahindra!!!! Proudly posted on their website! I have to laugh my ass off! I can buy an entire crate motor from them for less, oh wait I don't want to say that out loud, the big dogs at mahindra may up the price on the freaking engine! If they sell 5 of those abominations in the next 6 months at that price I will trade in my roxor to them for the hard top, that's right, I will trade my roxor for the hard top, the top must be completely bad ass if it's running nearly half the price of a basic roxor. I hope OTR sees this and takes the high road and decides to keep their prices honest.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here is a nice hard top similar to my friends for 1800$. Add in a and b pillars and a nice hard door and no reason something like this couldn't be availible for 3k. Common mahindra! Not all Americans are dumb and rich and willing to pay 2x what something is actually worth. Please of anybody else feels a little screwed by this BS please post.
And if somebody FROM roxor would like to comment and give a good reason for why things are how they are please also pipe up. I'm just stating opinion here. That is to say if their is a good reason for this kind of precived gouging let me and everybody else know. I love my roxor and want to love the company as well. If it's nothing more than a good old case of greedy rape then keep your top and be silent about it. The floor is yours. Smittybilt 1-Piece Hard Top without Upper Doors - Black

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not doing that for that price. Gotta be joking. Oh well, bikini top and home made half doors it is then.

Tom W

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Been waiting, looking and dreaming about the 1/2 cab for my Roxor but their price is BS! I figured it would be a little pricey but this is WAY out of line!

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Been waiting, looking and dreaming about the 1/2 cab for my Roxor but their price is BS! I figured it would be a little pricey but this is WAY out of line!
On the rox said their half cab option will be in the 2k neighborhood and closer to 1500 for those of us with a windshield. It may not be ready yet but I'll wait.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
At $5,899.99, , you may as well buy a Jeep wrangler. A great concept of a simple, reasonably priced vehicle, makes no sense if the accessories have Mercedes pricing
At $5,899.99, $9,999 with heat & air, you may as well buy a Jeep wrangler. A great concept of a simple, reasonably priced vehicle, makes no sense if the accessories have Mercedes pricing.
$9,999 is for a/c only, add another $939.99 for the heater and you still have a cab that comes with a plastic front window, unreal. I’ll wait for the hardcabs.com price.

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I got a quote from a local FJ40 custom soft top maker of 4k for FJ40 soft top with metal Doors for the Roxor, I thought that was a lot of money. Now im thinking differently.
907367C0-A6A9-4BB0-8A9C-A3943C94B533.jpeg
0731056B-19E8-4D31-ADD5-E5D3CAB2A99D.jpeg
974BD1AB-62D8-4FCF-9330-F7D3BE9CD082.jpeg

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
On the rox said their half cab option will be in the 2k neighborhood and closer to 1500 for those of us with a windshield. It may not be ready yet but I'll wait.

I agree- Mahindra is charging outrageous prices for their accessories. Its obvious that very few people will buy their overinflated design, and those that do simply don't realize there are other choices. There price gouging, through their dealer network, is roughly double the cost of the same items found elsewhere (note the lockers, hitches, plows, soft tops and heater). As I said before, this is because Mahindra is following the ATV business model where the consumer is locked into the dealer network, and the dealer tries to keep the customer locked into proprietary items and won't give out information to the user. Anyone with a Polaris knows exactly wjhat I'm talking about with Polaris's secret oil viscosity and filters (Mobil 0w-40 and Wix filters are cheaper and better).

Can't keep those secrets with a vehicle that is based on an old jeep. Note the CJ windshields etc that fit on.

This is why companies such as OTR can thrive. It takes a little more work for the individual to find them, but OTR's pricing and quality is better. I'm not going to buy anything from the dealer network if I can help it at all. As SonnyD said he will wait. I'm in for an OTR cab too and I'll wait. I like the vehicle but hate their business model.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just read this thread, very good info for someone like me that is new to the Roxor world. Thank you, I will definitely look at OTR.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I agree with everyone's shock here. Roxor really should have done a survey to see what potential buyers were actually willing to pay before developing this enclosure. I'm sure they would have discovered very fast that 4K for a high quality enclosure was going to be everyone's ceiling. Of course there will be exceptions. I'm sure mining companies are swimming in $$$ so they won't mind paying more but the rest of us are just going to wait for Armoro or maybe Rampage to come out with their out system at 1/6 the price.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got a quote from a local FJ40 custom soft top maker of 4k for FJ40 soft top with metal Doors for the Roxor, I thought that was a lot of money. Now im thinking differently.

What about soft doors? I dig the Armoro/M38A1 soft top look.

I’m def waiting for OTR on the cab. I like their stuff.

B

Bister

I want to see more pictures. I'm sure its well made (better be), but including things like wipers and washers will sure run the price up fast. I would be fine with manual wipers included and an option for electric. Probably knock $1000 off the price. Like to know thing like if the doors are easily removed, if the cab is lined for that price, how many cup holder (must be at least 10 - $500 each, lol), pictures of the tilting window, the interior, etc. Maybe the price can be justified if its self cleaning. lol

Even with all that, it's probably still more than what I'm willing to spend.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I want to see more pictures. I'm sure its well made (better be), but including things like wipers and washers will sure run the price up fast. I would be fine with manual wipers included and an option for electric. Probably knock $1000 off the price. Like to know thing like if the doors are easily removed, if the cab is lined for that price, how many cup holder (must be at least 10 - $500 each, lol), pictures of the tilting window, the interior, etc. Maybe the price can be justified if its self cleaning. lol

Even with all that, it's probably still more than what I'm willing to spend.
It is a Curtis Cab so you know quality isn’t an issue.

B

Bister

They added a nice post on Facebook with a couple more pictures and a comment of more to come. I wasn't familiar with Curtis Cabs, I checked their page, YES, nice stuff.

B

Bister

I agree with everyone's shock here. Roxor really should have done a survey to see what potential buyers were actually willing to pay before developing this enclosure. I'm sure they would have discovered very fast that 4K for a high quality enclosure was going to be everyone's ceiling. Of course there will be exceptions. I'm sure mining companies are swimming in $$$ so they won't mind paying more but the rest of us are just going to wait for Armoro or maybe Rampage to come out with their out system at 1/6 the price.
That is the neat thing about open markets. Other companies will be developing cabs for the ROXOR; at that point you can compare quality and decide how much you feel they are worth or if you want to build your own. This one is a bit pricy for me also, I'll be sticking with my soft cab; but if I had unlimited money, I do like the cab and since I feel the Roxor will last a long time, if I was doing a hard cab, I would want a good one.
3e7d257d746f08dc748f5c19e965e791.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

I don't think I can agree with that after myself and a neighbor both had problems with Curtis products. In all fairness however, it wasn't their cab or hardtops that were an issue.

Last edited: