ooooooooooo

Got my “sex” lights in. Lol

B

Bister

The sun goes down here before 5PM this time of year and I find the Roxor so dark. So, I put in some “sex” lights mounted to the side of my heater brackets on each side. I installed an extra fuse block via a relay that comes on with the key for little interior stuff. These are just old standard clearance lights I had. I need to find some blue lenses. The pics are clear, red and orange. I just put the toggle through one of the blanks for now so I wouldn’t have to drill the dash, till I get a proper switch. Next is the interior light.

10A47554-DD5E-4CB5-9CF1-2F012EB4B5B3.jpeg7CFFCEE6-DF3E-4619-8534-4182A39D03DF.jpeg8562DE14-BDFC-49A2-A137-6CE00554C9F9.jpeg66CECDBE-B8A7-4020-8166-8A3D0D06E099.jpegDD0A9CFD-5C39-4088-BDD8-12D6F3804A6D.jpeg

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Nice. I was thinking about doing something similar. I hate getting in on the farm in the dark.

B

Bister

Nice. I was thinking about doing something similar. I hate getting in on the farm in the dark.

It’s friggin’ dark in there after the sun goes down. Very nice coming home tonight, but I have to pick up blue lenses for mine I think. Go “Team Blue” Lol.

53CAFCD8-8A0D-4190-BC57-C5A005A2D113.jpeg

DEKirk2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
yeah I agree blue is the way to go. Can you explain how you got power to your new fuse box by using a relay? I want to do the same thing for my radio but right now it is just going straight to the battery. I guess i dont know how to wire in a relay?

B

Bister

yeah I agree blue is the way to go. Can you explain how you got power to your new fuse box by using a relay? I want to do the same thing for my radio but right now it is just going straight to the battery. I guess i dont know how to wire in a relay?

This will probably confuse you more than help. A relay is basically a powered switch. The relay has a wire you run to a low power source, in this case I tied into the power point in the dash. You’ll have a ground and you will have a wire that comes from your main power supply (the battery usually) then the last wire runs to your fuse block to power it. Once power runs to the power point, the wire you ran to it, turns on the (or closes) the relay, powering the fuse block. I’ll find a diagram and there is also another thread on here that covers it, I’ll find it for you to. I’m sure others will chime in. I’ll edit this post and attach stuff as I find it.

Edit: other thread.
Auxiliary fuse box. - Team ROXOR Forum - Unofficial Mahindra ROXOR Off-road Community!

Edit2: for a basic fuse block you don’t use 87a

Edit3: think of the switch in that diagram as the power point wire and the device is your fuse block. (I think I have this right)

Edit4: in the other thread you will see mentioned that a circuit breaker was used between the relay and the battery. I used a 30 amp fuse. Same thing pretty much but it should be protected. This diagram uses a fuse, but either can be used.

37DAA577-3592-43DD-9084-2A2F6361CF37.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

DEKirk2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sweet Bister you rox! so I think I get it. 86 to low voltage accessory wire (green/white?) under dash, 85 to ground, 30 to battery, 87 to new fuse block. Is that right? I ordered a waterproof relay and housing on amazon...

B

Bister

Sweet Bister you rox! so I think I get it. 86 to low voltage accessory wire (green/white?) under dash, 85 to ground, 30 to battery, 87 to new fuse block. Is that right? I ordered a waterproof relay and housing on amazon...
Yep. That sounds right. I keep a diagram like that in my wiring tool box. I never thought but there is probably videos on YouTube also.

Nice thing using a relay and an extra fuse block is everything shuts off with the key and it is easy to add more electrical stuff in. I also added an interior light, a USB port, a triple power point block and my plow remote required power also.

74283025-9369-43CF-8FF0-7E462404DF65.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bister

You can get the relays at just about any auto store. Also, remember to put a fuse or breaker in the line from your battery to the fuse block. I used a 30 amp fuse, it's just what I had in my shop. Lots use resetting breakers.

MOOSEMAN74

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yep. That sounds right. I keep a diagram like that in my wiring tool box. I never thought but there is probably videos on YouTube also.

Nice thing using a relay and an extra fuse block is everything shuts off with the key and it is easy to add more electrical stuff in. I also added an interior light, a USB port, a triple power point block and my plow remote required power also.

View attachment 2712
Besides the “sex” lights, what did you use for interior light and placement?

B

Bister

Besides the “sex” lights, what did you use for interior light and placement?
I had a couple extra marker lights, not real bright, for now so I made a little bracket and used a hose clamp to attach to the roll bar. When I hit a store up I might find something better. In my Rhino I had a double RV light that was real nice.

I also have a cheap battery stick on. It’s nice and bright. Batteries will probably last forever for all I use it.
03A1D15D-6DA9-4734-A9F2-4585184E299F.jpegF1694A73-7BA6-4F89-B435-325972725EE5.jpeg0B21CB42-D3FF-4BB4-85D5-6BE185EBE4E6.jpeg