ooooooooooo

Interior floor rust.

EazyDoesIt

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I purchased a 2022 Roxor with 300 miles on it and have small rust spots on the drivers and passenger floor pan. It came with rubber floor mats in it and I took them out bc the floor never got dry underneath them. When I pulled them I noticed the rust. My guess is the previous owner put it away wet for the winter? Any suggestions on how to deal with the rust spots before they get out of control would be greatly appreciated.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I purchased a 2022 Roxor with 300 miles on it and have small rust spots on the drivers and passenger floor pan. It came with rubber floor mats in it and I took them out bc the floor never got dry underneath them. When I pulled them I noticed the rust. My guess is the previous owner put it away wet for the winter? Any suggestions on how to deal with the rust spots before they get out of control would be greatly appreciated.
Best way is too sandblast it before putting any coating on it.

Harry

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
It is probably flakes of metal from drilling when something was installed and then the mats put on top of them and they are rusting, not the floor. Common problem, it's come up before. A little toilet bowl cleaner and a stiff brush, would probably scrub the spots off.

Last edited:

EazyDoesIt

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I took a steel bristle brush to the spots and didn’t make much progress. I’ll try the toilet bowl cleaner and see if that helps. Thanks

Harry

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I took a steel bristle brush to the spots and didn’t make much progress. I’ll try the toilet bowl cleaner and see if that helps. Thanks
If the factory coating isn’t lifting, it’s just a surface stain. I had them in mind after installing the heater. I wouldn’t get too excited. Mild mix of muratic acid would lift the stain probably, but that’s is almost what toilet bowl cleaner is.

EazyDoesIt

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The coating doesn’t seem to be coming up. I don’t see any black from the Bedliner coming loose when I hit it with the steel brush.

Harry

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The coating doesn’t seem to be coming up. I don’t see any black from the Bedliner coming loose when I hit it with the steel brush.
I am positive it was just some filings under the mats. It came up before in threads. You're fine. I have yet to see that lining come off...that I know of.