ooooooooooo

Insulation for AW Cab

ccross

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey everyone,
I had to dissamble my Roxor to have it registered as a Multi Purpose Vehicle in my county. Title reads 3020lbs and my state's limit for MPVs is 3000lbs. I took the cab, tailgate, winch, winch plate, passenger seat and doors off to make the AW 2980lbs, (certified CAT scales at Love's truck stop). And ran the fuel down to 1/2 tank.
It worked.
Anyway, since the Roxor is all in pieces, does anyone have suggestions on where to put insulation for heat retention. Places in the body and engine bay? And where does everyone put their engine heaters? Is there an engine block heater for the 2.5L? If not where should I attach the 15w heat pads? I have 3.
I know the cab could use it. Any suggestions/ideas is greatly appreciated. As always, I will update my Roxor upgrades and improvements for those of you following along from home
Cheers, Chris

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
From what I've seen on here there are no engine block heaters available. If you need to have it warm for starting I'd suggest one of those magnetic style heaters for the base pan and remove before you drive it.

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
From what I've seen on here there are no engine block heaters available. If you need to have it warm for starting I'd suggest one of those magnetic style heaters for the base pan and remove before you drive it.
Steel strap on Pan Heaters do not have to be removed to drive. All my Dutz air cooled Diesel tractors have them. R Cridler

Barnboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
On my original all weather cab I bought sheets of 1/2" Armaflex for the top. I applied contact cement and it held just fine. It was a huge improvement for sound and insulation

Greg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey everyone,
I had to dissamble my Roxor to have it registered as a Multi Purpose Vehicle in my county. Title reads 3020lbs and my state's limit for MPVs is 3000lbs. I took the cab, tailgate, winch, winch plate, passenger seat and doors off to make the AW 2980lbs, (certified CAT scales at Love's truck stop). And ran the fuel down to 1/2 tank.
It worked.
Anyway, since the Roxor is all in pieces, does anyone have suggestions on where to put insulation for heat retention. Places in the body and engine bay? And where does everyone put their engine heaters? Is there an engine block heater for the 2.5L? If not where should I attach the 15w heat pads? I have 3.
I know the cab could use it. Any suggestions/ideas is greatly appreciated. As always, I will update my Roxor upgrades and improvements for those of you following along from home
Cheers, Chris
What state do you live in.
How did you do this.

ccross

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Springfield, AK. Matinasku Burrow.
I have to ask, why does it matter where I live?
I don't want to come off as defensive, but why are you asking such short/curt questions?

ccross

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you'd like some assistance with your Roxor, I'd like to help. What are your issues with the weight and your local Licensing Office?

Greg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't want to come off as defensive, but why are you asking such short/curt questions?
My apologies. I was hopping this would work in Texas.

jcyphert

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I believe the question was asked as he is hoping to road legal in his state. Each state has different rules.