ooooooooooo

Getting roxor street legal or not!

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We think an inch in higher elevations, but it will be our first winter front from Yellowknife area and that is where we get our serious weather. Will know more as time gets closer ( Thur/fri , then warmer next week they say )...
Thank you for the heads up hopefully it is not that bad

oldgreybull

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here in Florida in some areas I have to fight golf carts for a parking space because they are street legal in many communities. It seems odd that the equivalent of my old CJ2A can't drive on roads next to them.
But I knew my Roxor wasn't street legal when I bought it, so I'm not going to fret about it. It has replaced my Ranger on my property and serves my purposes just fine. If it turns out I can make it street legal sometime, so much the better. I'll be able to venture out with all the motorized wheel chairs and golf carts I see zipping by on a daily basis. Maybe if I get one of those orange pennants on a fiberglass pole I'll blend right in :)!

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I will be on the streets.
20200611_190049.jpg
20200611_190028.jpg

Sgtatarms

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The suicide doors are an interesting thought. What kind of door latches are you looking at?

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I ground off the hinge pins so it just takes seconds to remove the doors

tommiesinc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I tried registering mine in Minnesota after putting everything that it needs to be street legal and they won't do it. I drove across the border into South Dakota pay $69.00 an titled/registered it as a non-resident and was given a SD license. You can mail your information and they will mail you plates. I have driven all over southern MN with mine with no problems.
What address is used on the registration card if you were to be pulled over? Does it match your drivers license?

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What address is used on the registration card if you were to be pulled over? Does it match your drivers license?
The registration needs to match the plates. That’s all that’s needed anyway, as many vehicles are leased or held in trust as are corporate vehicles. I run Montana plates ,the Roxor is a corporate owned vehicle and I am a member ,.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My title came back ROAD legal. After the above Roxor was painted, decals removed, glass, military tires and chipped I have not been bothered at all. I have been praised by the men in blue about what a nice old jeep I have. I am truthful about telling them about it and all have been ok with me. Some asked where they could get one. I don't care to hit the freeways with it, but one time I had to for several miles. Kept right up with traffic, but I did leave a lot of space in front of me. It was not squirlly at all. The one thing I have noticed on gravel is that in hard braking the rears want to pass the fronts being light and short back there. They are a wonderful vehicle that has quirks of it's own. Just drive sensibly. No one wants to be first at the scene.

Maineah

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you! I am just excited to drive my Roxor for the first time. I bought this Roxor at the end of July and since then been going thru the process of getting it street legal. Going to the dmv at 8:30 AM CT was told as soon as I get the vehicle transferred to minnesota was told I need to mail the title back to my dealership in Michigan. He told me the title needs to be mailed back otherwise they won’t put the vin sticker on my vehicle. Then I will schedule my flight there and finally being it back to minnesota. Will let you guys now how it goes just happy to almost be done with the street legal process
VIN sticker or VIN plate/plaque like all motor
vehicles?
I’m in Nancy State Maine (anti Roxor) and I’d love to make this a reality for my Roxor. I’m wondering if being from out of State I’m able to apply for a MI title and plate?

MNROXOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m went through Lake County SD and registered as a non resident. I’m not say it will work in Maine but I have never been stopped or bothered I have over 17,000 miles on mine.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have my Arizona registration on my Roxor up here in Alaska. Haven't been hassled by the troopers at all. It's a lot safer looking than a lot of the junk that is on the roads up here.

Maineah

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It’s the whole tiny plate that I want to avoid. I know it would be legal but I don’t want to draw attention to the plate.

In Maine they can get you for failing to pay excise tax ($950 fine)as well as failing to register your vehicle in Maine if your a full time resident ($137 fine)

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wowsa, I thought we fought a revolution over this kind of BS?

Man, have we backslid.

granny

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I live in minnesota and my dealership in Michigan took care of all the dmv work to get mine street legal
just bought a 2022 Roxor. Live in Minneapolis. Looking for advice on getting a MN license plate. Any advice?