ooooooooooo

Gauge Cluster fail...again

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So early this year I sent my gauge cluster back as it was doing the dreaded freezing up on the Mahindra center led.
No rpm or milage or gas tank visible. My delaer was quite a haul away, so after speaking with them I mailed it to the dealer, got it back and installed it rather than take a three hour round trip two times.

No problem for a while, then recently the led center has not been turning on. Sometimes it does, sometimes no but it gets worse as time goes by.
Mahindra wants me to do a 3 hr trip to a new dealer (old dealer is gone) to get the problem rectified....again.
At this point I want a new gauge cluster. Mahindra wants me to go to the dealer. Their customer service isn't helpful at all.

Anyone else having gauge cluster problems?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I did in the past and my dealer swapped it out, haven't had any problems since.

echo3delta

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I had 2 problems with my cluster at 10 miles and had the same issue of travel time to the dealer.

1st was the needle would freeze at 10 mph. I was able to fix that by reforming the metal retainer ring and taking some of the stress off of the plastic housing with light sanding where the ring had cut the housing. No issues since.

2nd was the LCD screen, mine would flash or go off especially over rough terrain. I fixed that issue by removing the cluster and checking the plugs. 1 pin in the plug was bent just enough it wasnt making good contact with the male end. I was able to use a pick and reshape the plug for good connection. Make sure you apply a good amount of dielectric grease too. No issues since.

If this doesn't fix your problem, its more than likely a faulty connection inside the cluster. You would probably have to get ahold of the dealer or Mahindra and go the warranty route.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I tried removing the cluster, checking the pins, and using dielectric grease on them. No difference.
I will go the warranty route but Im simply not going to accept that I need to travel to fix the issue a second time.
I will contact Mahindra customer service again, and see what happens

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
since day one. my spedo needle bounces all over the place. but it is close to a 8 hour round trip to my dealership.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Got the repaired cluster back this week and i will install and see if its working tomorrow. I think its a new one from Simco in Michigan

Update- works fine. Also good to know Simco is the one who made the cluster. They even have a photo on their website (unnamed cluster of course)..

Last edited: