ooooooooooo

Front bench seat?

Tokarev

Has anyone seen a front bench seat for a Roxor?

Would allow one more passenger while maintaining standard ROPS and cargo space.

TIA

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

lawtac

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not really an option. Not only would the passengers legs would be in the way for manual shifting, but with the manual or the automatic the seat would be directly overtop of the hand brake.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Why not? Middle would be fine for dog or child. Not a lot of leg room for an adult but in a pinch? Quick look at mine suggests shifters and park brake would be unaffected. Finding the seat could be a trick

Tokarev

Why not? Middle would be fine for dog or child. Not a lot of leg room for an adult but in a pinch?

That's my thought as well.

lawtac

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Please explain how the parking break would be unaffected? It is literary right between the bucket seats, exactly where the bench seat would cover it. Not to mention the leg room/shifter issue. Even with short kid legs I would we worried. In fact I would be more worried about kid legs, at least an adult knows not to kick the shifter or to put his legs over in the passenger seat leg area. He is a pic of an interior, note the location of the break and the shifter in relation to the front of the seats, just not practical for a bench.
1567736035948.jpeg

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There would be plenty of room to set the brake. Pulled mine up hard and was same height as seat boxes. Bench would be raised a bit from there anyway.

I could see a buddy seat in the middle. Fold down seat that would tip up and fold against a framed and mounted back rest.

lawtac

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Is it possible? sure anything is. Is it practical? I don’t think so. Break can fit under bench but can you operate it effectively? How about with someone sitting in the seat? Shifting around someone’s legs, even for short trips, no thanks. If your goal is extra seat with standard ROPS I would suggest a rear seat backwards like others on the forum have talked. Safest, no, but no worse then trying to drive with someone on a middle bench. It’s a much easier install, and gets you 2 extra seats.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So you have never been in a bench seat truck with shifters on the hump? The only impediment to a bench is the parking brake and I can visualize several work arounds. But since there is no OEM or aftermarket for a bench, guess it’s a mute point unless you fab your own. I’d love a bench for the pup, grandkids, stuff, etc.

lawtac

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have...probably why I think it’s horrible. like you said, have to fab it/figure out break VS rear seat reversed, practically bolt in, break/shifter unobstructed 2 extra seats. But hey, if that’s what you want, go for it and let us know how it goes...that’s what the forum is all about. Maybe find a folding jump seat for the middle and save the need to remove the other seats?

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Quick search, RZR parts:
60899EF7-7FA4-41A4-B790-6194E76EAA06.png

Tokarev

It should be possible to put a small slit up the middle of the bench to accommodate the brake lever similar to the RZR seat above. I don't think it would necessarily compromise comfort.

Last edited:

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
OK- I got this. Picture 2-CJ grab handles spanning from seat box to seat box supported by...

That’s all you get! I’ll show you the end result when it’s finished. Damn, I like this place! Constant source of ideas. The Pup says Thanks!

Tokarev

Standing by...

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here’s the start. Used 2 CJ grab bars but had to shorten them 1 1/4”. Next step is grinding welds and paint. Will build an upholstered seat with backrest and lap belts. Notice the ample clearance for e-brake and cup holders. Bonus will be a lot of storage under seat.

6BFA6908-953F-4575-9C82-A33CF25D47E3.jpeg

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Cleaned up and ready for seat (or console??!!)

3729CB20-803B-4534-B64E-B78BE8E85E07.jpeg

Tokarev

What are your plans now? Add a padded bench for a dog or add a lap belt and padded back rest for a person?

Now that I'm seeing your work I wonder about something like a 60/40 bench seat. Something that allows the passenger(s) to adjust for leg room independent of the driver. But that's pretty unimportant.

I'm quite interested in how this project turns out. Keep up the good work!

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Seats will operate independently with buddy seat fixed. Very easy to add lap belt for grandkids.