ooooooooooo

FLAT TOWING QUESTION / OBSERVATION...

Satex

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Are there locking (aka UNlocking) hubs that can be installed in the rear? That should fix every potential problem other than tire wear.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Mine get warm, front as well. I know???? LOL.

BDRAG

Roxor886

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I flat towed my Roxor yesterday to see how it pulled. No issues except the rear axle seemed very hot. I went about 6 miles with half of that at 55 mph. Transfer in neutral and transmission in first gear like the manual states. I do have warn hubs on the front.

Is this normal for the rear axle to be so hot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am with yeah, I tried mine the other day about 8 miles at 55-60mph and both diffs were warm. I meant to feel how warm there were after driving it the same distance and speed and keep forgetting to.?????

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had an experience. With a fellow having his wife drove up as he guided her to hook up one of those small Japanese 4x4s. I went in for a bite and caught up with them in a rainstorm. The jeep was swaying back and forth as he went around corners on the freeway. As I got up close I could see sparks coming off the rear wheels. I got him pulled over. The tires were scrubbed off down to the rims, she had left in low. I didn't look to see if all the rods had left the crankcase

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had an experience. With a fellow having his wife drove up as he guided her to hook up one of those small Japanese 4x4s. I went in for a bite and caught up with them in a rainstorm. The jeep was swaying back and forth as he went around corners on the freeway. As I got up close I could see sparks coming off the rear wheels. I got him pulled over. The tires were scrubbed off down to the rims, she had left in low. I didn't look to see if all the rods had left the crankcase
Ouch! Bet there were some "interesting" conversations the rest of the trip.?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
In the recommended towing setup can you spin the front driveshaft in ‘reverse’?

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
In the recommended towing setup can you spin the front driveshaft in ‘reverse’?
If you have hubs in the free position the front shaft can be turned in either direction unless transferred is engaged in 4x4

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you have hubs in the free position the front shaft can be turned in either direction unless transferred is engaged in 4x4

Right. I was trying to help diagnose the issue.

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi I have read all the comments on flat towing and I did a test on my unit to see what parts move and don't when changing trans and transfer shifters. The only time my front axel does not move is when trans is in N and transfer is in 2H. Hubs are in Free. I know they want trans in first so it won't burn up due to lack of fluid flowing. All other positions the front axel turns. Has any new info come out over the last couple of years?