ooooooooooo

First Oil Change

MAGAHAWK

Would you guys happen to have a crossover number of the oil filter to perhaps a napa, fram, or baldwin brand filter?
Re: crossover - what ever you do do not use FRAM oil filters. See youtube filter comparison. WIX and NAPA and Baldwin are highly rated. I wouldn't use anything but OEM until warranty expires.

WildeBill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
B

Bister

Thanks for the tip way less than eBay or local dealer. Showed $150.00 for an ‘oil change kit’ ridiculous
Does your dealer charge more than the MSRP of $6.99 for an oil filter? My dealer actually gives me discount off MSRP. My Yamaha dealer did also on everything cause I bought the unit there.

WildeBill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does your dealer charge more than the MSRP of $6.99 for an oil filter? My dealer actually gives me discount off MSRP. My Yamaha dealer did also on everything cause I bought the unit there.
Have not talked to my local dealer yet dealer in an another town had “oil change kit on counter with $150.00 price tag on it. Didn’t talk to them maybe it was a joke but it caught me way off guard.

B

Bister

Have not talked to my local dealer yet dealer in an another town had “oil change kit on counter with $150.00 price tag on it. Didn’t talk to them maybe it was a joke but it caught me way off guard.
Nope, not joke. That is what they want for a kit. Pretty ridiculous actually. I guess you pay for the pretty box. I'm in Canada so that would be over $200. My filter here is $10 I think, $1.20 for the crush washer and I bought 2 pails of T6 Shell on sale last year, with a rebate of $35/pail, for (I think) about $4.75 a litre. So, I think my oil change supplies cost me under $50 CDN or about $38 US.

And right now Shell has the rebate on the T6 oil in the States. $7/gallon.

Save up to $7 per Gallon

Last edited by a moderator:

MAGAHAWK

Some Roxor dealers are trying to cut a fat hog on parts and accessories. My local dealer quoted $15.95 for an oil filter. Hard working farmers and ranchers won't put up with that bull*hit like some of the ATV UTV Motorcycle customers with fancy toys will. Maybe it has something to do with the supply chain: an actual Mahindra dealer vs a toy store? I don't know...... but thanks to a post on this forum I contacted a Mahindra Tractor dealer that appreciates my business. Sherwoodtractorparts.com has a great easy to navigate site and realistic prices. I'm thinking that by this time next year those $149.99 oil change kits will have about a 1/4" of dust on them. Be fun to have a beer with the Roxor Marketing Genius that came up with that plan!
Let's see ...$7 bucks for a filter, $40 bucks for 8 Qts, and $102 for the copper washer. Sounds about right:cool:

B

Bister

Some Roxor dealers are trying to cut a fat hog on parts and accessories. My local dealer quoted $15.95 for an oil filter. Hard working farmers and ranchers won't put up with that bull*hit like some of the ATV UTV Motorcycle customers with fancy toys will. Maybe it has something to do with the supply chain: an actual Mahindra dealer vs a toy store? I don't know...... but thanks to a post on this forum I contacted a Mahindra Tractor dealer that appreciates my business. Sherwoodtractorparts.com has a great easy to navigate site and realistic prices. I'm thinking that by this time next year those $149.99 oil change kits will have about a 1/4" of dust on them. Be fun to have a beer with the Roxor Marketing Genius that came up with that plan!
Let's see ...$7 bucks for a filter, $40 bucks for 8 Qts, and $102 for the copper washer. Sounds about right:cool:
I would be asking your dealer why the MSRP is $6.99 on the filter and they are asking $15.95 just to hear the answer. Last one I heard was that the website was wrong. Then I would tell them "I won't be back", unlike Arnold.

B

Bister

Big thumbs up to Sherwood Tractor for listing parts at OEM on eBay. I think they have more items listed, they also have a website you can order parts off of at MSRP. And, if you are out of state you might not pay certain taxes. 'm not sure how that works down there. So tax savings might pay for some of the shipping. Mention that to the dealers that are charging more. lol Ignore the shipping price in that screen sot, it shows shipping to Canada.

Sherwood Tractor Parts | Mahindra, Bad Boy Mowers, Stihl, Cub Cadet

Mahindra Roxor OEM 0303BC0071N Element Oil Filter | eBay

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 10.41.18 PM.png

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not long ago those copper washers were going for over 7 bucks. Pure price gouging. Sherwood Tractor now has them for 99 cents. Bought several Roxor items from Sherwood. They've had the best prices and fast, friendly service. Very recommended. Hopefully they'll eventually have the full Roxor parts list in stock. As noted, Roxor's OEM parts pricing/marketing strategy and some dealers' confusion/greed is a real turn-off and chasing customers away. Something similar is happening with recent shipping increases affecting a few aftermarket parts suppliers. When regular shipping to the lower 48 nearly doubles the cost of the item itself, or there are ridiculous minimums to qualify for reduced shipping, it becomes hard to go there, Could be there's good reason, but seems they would be well served by finding more clever ways to disguise the delivery cost.

B

Bister

Not long ago those copper washers were going for over 7 bucks. Pure price gouging. Sherwood Tractor now has them for 99 cents. Bought several Roxor items from Sherwood. They've had the best prices and fast, friendly service. Very recommended. Hopefully they'll eventually have the full Roxor parts list in stock. As noted, Roxor's OEM parts pricing/marketing strategy and some dealers' confusion/greed is a real turn-off and chasing customers away. Something similar is happening with recent shipping increases affecting a few aftermarket parts suppliers. When regular shipping to the lower 48 nearly doubles the cost of the item itself, or there are ridiculous minimums to qualify for reduced shipping, it becomes hard to go there, Could be there's good reason, but seems they would be well served by finding more clever ways to disguise the delivery cost.
Dirt Legal had the washer for $14 and oil filter for $29, then they cut the prices in half, that was probably the one you saw for $7.00, it looks like they removed them all. No one knows where they were getting OEM parts because they are not a dealer. They where just buying them somewhere and gouging folks. Dirt Legal has other stuff on there site from eBay,etc and have it marked up a good chunk, beware.

If dealers are marking up MSRP they deserve to lose the customers, there is already a profit in it for them and they don’t pay shipping from Roxor, that’s included. Most of the time I find my dealer the best place and online the worst. But some bad apples out there. Just need to find a good one and it looks like Sherwood is not trying to take anyone for a ride. I have a Roxor for that.

Right now on eBay, someone is still trying to retire early off of roxor parts and it says they sold 46. That's an easy $460.

Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 8.57.17 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator: