ooooooooooo

First Oil Change

4X44JOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
At what mileage should the first oil change/filter be done?

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Recommended at 300. I did mine at 500 and every 5000/6 mo, whichever comes 1st after that. It's synthetic oil. The recommended every 1500 miles after but the Thar and Bolero manual with that engine has it at 10000 km (6000 miles) intervals and after 1000 km break in.

B

Bister

Recommended at 300. I did mine at 500 and every 5000/6 mo, whichever comes 1st after that. It's synthetic oil. The recommended every 1500 miles after but the Thar and Bolero manual with that engine has it at 10000 km (6000 miles) intervals and after 1000 km break in.
Your probably more road miles than me, I'll have a lot of short trips and putting around the valley, not heavy mudding or anything. I think I'm going to change around 5000 kilometres or maybe 6000. (3100-3700 miles), looking like about 6-8 months. And in the winter I'm parked in a heater shop.

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Your probably more road miles than me, I'll have a lot of short trips and putting around the valley, not heavy mudding or anything. I think I'm going to change around 5000 kilometres or maybe 6000. (3100-3700 miles), looking like about 6-8 months. And in the winter I'm parked in a heater shop.
It's a diesel using synthetic. Typical synthetic will for at least 7500 miles BEFORE it starts to break down. It should go long distances between changes. I'm staying with 5K and not really caring if it goes 1 or 2k over. Manual says 1500, which is in line with a regular gas engine 2 cylinder aluminum engine UTV engine. My use varies but it's doing like 75% on road. And off road here tends to be very dusty and extreme heat. So 5k is a safe bet. I would say 7500 if it was 90 plus road use.

Bhayarock

It's a diesel using synthetic. Typical synthetic will for at least 7500 miles BEFORE it starts to break down. It should go long distances between changes. I'm staying with 5K and not really caring if it goes 1 or 2k over. Manual says 1500, which is in line with a regular gas engine 2 cylinder aluminum engine UTV engine. My use varies but it's doing like 75% on road. And off road here tends to be very dusty and extreme heat. So 5k is a safe bet. I would say 7500 if it was 90 plus road use.
I think your use case make sense because of more on road use. If people are using more offroad and on the peak rpms, climbing up and down, hauling load, I would recommend doing it little more frequently.
As far as thar or boleros are concerned they are mostly used on on road, and folks who use them as hauling vehicles or offroad do get them serviced more frequently( 3000 miles/ 6 mo) than the average Joe.
Finally I know some people who just know when to change by just touching the viscosity, color and feel of the oil from dipstick, they dont care about miles or intervals ? wont recommend it though.

Kickinrox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Would you guys happen to have a crossover number of the oil filter to perhaps a napa, fram, or baldwin brand filter?

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
WIX 51626 looks like has had some success.
Would you guys happen to have a crossover number of the oil filter to perhaps a napa, fram, or baldwin brand filter?
040729BB-D518-40CE-8394-AB17572D3F8A.png

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The original warranty book said 300 Miles or 10 hrs whichever comes firts. For my two cents, use the mahindra filter, why ask for problems with the warranty should something happen with the crossover filter. Go through your dealer for cheaper price. Amazon, not too bad for convienence. If you search Oil Change in the search box, you will see that there are many references on the forum from the original 2018 owners.

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The original warranty book said 300 Miles or 10 hrs whichever comes firts. For my two cents, use the mahindra filter, why ask for problems with the warranty should something happen with the crossover filter. Go through your dealer for cheaper price. Amazon, not too bad for convienence. If you search Oil Change in the search box, you will see that there are many references on the forum from the original 2018 owners.

Doesn't work that way. Dealers/manufacturers can't deny coverage of defects for merely substituting a non-manufacturer oil filter. Ford can't do that if you use a Fram oil filter. The exception would be if damage was as direct result of the filter. As in if the filter broke apart and damaged the engine etc. Then you would hold liable the oil filter manufacturer. It's not worth a dealer/manufacturers time of effort if you sue them to replace engine plus court cost. They would just cover it. $2500 vs $10000 and that's if they win. And $2500 is my guess as to their cost to replace a motor, not our cost. $10000 would be what a lawyer would bill Mahindra. Even their own lawyer if that layer was licensed in the state where a suit was filed otherwise they would have to hire one. In the end, just replacing the motor would be cheaper for them. And judges (ALJ/JOP) and juries tend to rule towards plaintiffs on warranty coverages.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Doesn't work that way. Dealers/manufacturers can't deny coverage of defects for merely substituting a non-manufacturer oil filter. Ford can't do that if you use a Fram oil filter. The exception would be if damage was as direct result of the filter. As in if the filter broke apart and damaged the engine etc. Then you would hold liable the oil filter manufacturer. It's not worth a dealer/manufacturers time of effort if you sue them to replace engine plus court cost. They would just cover it. $2500 vs $10000 and that's if they win. And $2500 is my guess as to their cost to replace a motor, not our cost. $10000 would be what a lawyer would bill Mahindra. Even their own lawyer if that layer was licensed in the state where a suit was filed otherwise they would have to hire one. In the end, just replacing the motor would be cheaper for them. And judges (ALJ/JOP) and juries tend to rule towards plaintiffs on warranty coverages.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wasn’t trying to make a point. Mute issues to me. Mahindra filter works and is good quality. Anyone can do what they want. Why take a chance?

B

Bister

Wasn’t trying to make a point. Mute issues to me. Mahindra filter works and is good quality. Anyone can do what they want. Why take a chance?
I use the Mahindra one, dealer price is just as good as anywhere else. And I don't mind supporting my dealer, I want him to be there when I need something. Just don't buy from Dirt Legal, they want $28 but shipping is free. lol

Kickinrox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
WIX 51626 looks like has had some success.

View attachment 3483
Thanks tuskermedic25! So many little things to learn about on these and the parts stores are no help yet. Ill post up some crosover numbers for other filter brands once i hit up the parts store for filters. I personally like baldwin filters for their quality and they arnt that much more than other brands.

Harvey Cannon

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Why not use your hour meter to change your oil? Its use is more like a tractor. I plan to change every 100 hrs, just like I do on my tractors.

B

Bister

Found oil filters at Sherwood Tractor. Ordered 3 and paid $31. Tax and shipping included in the price. May be cheaper at the dealer but mine is 80 miles away.

Mahindra Roxor OEM 0303BC0071N Element Oil Filter
$6.99 is the OEM MSRP. You just paid extra for shipping, which is fair. Nice to see them not marking up the MSRP. I have checked their page before, all the parts are listed at MSRP. If you have to drive too far to your dealer, this is a good option if your dealer won't ship to you. According to their page, they are a dealer also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yeah, the good news is since they were out of state I didn't have to pay sales tax. My dealer doesn't have a website for ordering parts, and the last time I tried over the phone (spare tire mount) they were less than helpful.;)