ooooooooooo

FCA looking to block Mahindra

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Google Contact "the White House' then select "Contact the President" from the drop down then fill in your name etc. then type your message hit "send"
In my email, I stressed points on job losses at the Michigan MANA factory, downstream revenue losses of dealer sales, parts and service and making our vehicles "orphans" with limited or no access to parts. Remind all that the Roxor is assembled with 50% of local content by value. More US jobs affected.
That's what I did...I figured that talking about loss of jobs will get more attention than just talking about importing vehicles and parts.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The statement from Mahindra and Q and A from the Roxor website seems to provide some hope through the appeal process and (for now) continued access to parts, service and sales. Let.s hope things go MANA's way! I still think it is worth a email to President Trump.

Mahindra appears to have little inclination to rollover in light of FCA's transparently anticompetitive actions. The redesigned, next generation Roxor to be launched in late 2020, should put an end to the sour grapes,"trade dress" law suit. We'll look forward to a new Fiat-quality UTV soon thereafter.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Google Contact "the White House' then select "Contact the President" from the drop down then fill in your name etc. then type your message hit "send"
In my email, I stressed points on job losses at the Michigan MANA factory, downstream revenue losses of dealer sales, parts and service and making our vehicles "orphans" with limited or no access to parts. Remind all that the Roxor is assembled with 50% of local content by value. More US jobs affected.

Exactly the content I stressed.

I went by my dealer today. Talked to the owner. He says business as usual. They are still taking deliveries, ordering parts and he says there are more body changes comming so don't panic. He said, ITS CALLED MAHINDRA AUTOMOTIVE NORTH AMERICA not MAHINDRA OFF ROAD. Tgey have big plans, that's why Fiat Chrysler us running scared. He says the top roxor dealers are to have the first shot at MANA road products when they arrive. Way cool!

BDRAG

Tokarev

Exactly the content I stressed.

I went by my dealer today. Talked to the owner. He says business as usual. They are still taking deliveries, ordering parts and he says there are more body changes comming so don't panic. He said, ITS CALLED MAHINDRA AUTOMOTIVE NORTH AMERICA not MAHINDRA OFF ROAD. Tgey have big plans, that's why Fiat Chrysler us running scared. He says the top roxor dealers are to have the first shot at MANA road products when they arrive. Way cool!

BDRAG

Did the dealer have any info on what the coming changes might be? I assume new sheet metal but on what order of magnitude?

Same question with other MANA products. I assume some sort of SUV? There was talk that MANA was in the running for a contract with the US Postal Service but there doesn't seem to be any news on that.

Again; if FCA is worried about market competition it should likely be concerned about Ford and the Bronco. Ford has an immediate brand recognition as does the Bronco and a nationwide dealer network. Mahindra has no onroad legal rig and a relative handful of power sports dealers. No threat there. At least not right away. Success of the Bronco will spur further competition and we may see Chevy doing Blazer SUVs. And Toyota seems to make noise about a new FJ. Maybe Toyota will get back in.

Anyway, I guess some sheet metal changes will be good as long as the rigs keep coming in. And it will help aftermarket companies like Cecco Racing, On The Rox, etc since there are those who'll want to continue with the Willys look.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

B

Bister

Did the dealer have any info on what the coming changes might be? I assume new sheet metal but on what order of magnitude?

Same question with other MANA products. I assume some sort of SUV? There was talk that MANA was in the running for a contract with the US Postal Service but there doesn't seem to be any news on that.

Again; if FCA is worried about market competition it should likely be concerned about Ford and the Bronco. Ford has an immediate brand recognition as does the Bronco and a nationwide dealer network. Mahindra has no onroad legal rig and a relative handful of power sports dealers. No threat there. At least not right away. Success of the Bronco will spur further competition and we may see Chevy doing Blazer SUVs. And Toyota seems to make noise about a new FJ. Maybe Toyota will get back in.

Anyway, I guess some sheet metal changes will be good as long as the rigs keep coming in. And it will help aftermarket companies like Cecco Racing, On The Rox, etc since there are those who'll want to continue with the Willys look.

I found this on the Postal contracts. Sounds like only a few left, most dropped out but MANA is still in. This article is from January 2020 and say the contract will be awarded in the summer 2020. I assume that will be pushed back farther as most things are, and also with Covid.

Postal Service Readying Production Contract for New Mail Truck

Tokarev

I found this on the Postal contracts. Sounds like only a few left, most dropped out but MANA is still in.

Hmmm. I don't know. That front end, with round headlights, looks an awful lot like a Jeep Wrangler to me. Plus the boxy square body appears to be an almost exact copy of the Willys Overland Wagon....

6a682b7a41c7a68b0cda2ea71ca1d66c.jpg

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Hmmm. I don't know. That front end, with round headlights, looks an awful lot like a Jeep Wrangler to me. Plus the boxy square body appears to be an almost exact copy of the Willys Overland Wagon....

View attachment 6879

Lol

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I see it also has 4 wheels, which is exactly the number of wheels the Wrangler has. You completely ripped off the Wrangler.

To_the_Rox

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy

Mahindra India is readying this , the all new Thar 2020
Coming soon in the next few months
images (19).jpeg

images (19).jpeg

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Now that looks like a Wrangler! I guess if you’re going to get sued, you just as well build what you’re being accused of. LOL.

To_the_Rox

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Production of Thar from which the roxor is derived from has been stopped after the new emission norms were set in place from April 1st. The new Thar is said to have a new engine with 150 ps power and other creature comforts.
But I don't know how they are gonna launch it with it being so close to the wrangler
20191004100554_THAR_ACI1x.jpg

20191004100554_THAR_ACI1x.jpg

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't think FCA can do anything to them in India, but I stand to be corrected. If they try to sell them here though...the lawyers will be making BANK.

I swear, Mahindra's balls are huge for poking Chrysler like that.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
I don't think FCA can do anything to them in India, but I stand to be corrected. If they try to sell them here though...the lawyers will be making BANK.

I swear, Mahindra's balls are huge for poking Chrysler like that.

Poke poke poke! Lol. HUEVOS GRANDE! LOL.

BDRAG

sandyx

Founding Member
Dear lord, now are we too getting spammed by this so-called successor to jeep, which is actually an SUV? The first pic isn't even real, just some fan render. It's in no way a successor to Roxor, or jeep. It's a reskinned Scorpio, a popular but crude SUV with boat like ride. The engines are new age which will never have the low rpm tractor like pull of the current Roxor engine. It's just another road focussed SUV which can also do some rough terrain. They're just capitalizing on the Thar name. Nothing like the UV Roxor is. Any jeep lovers still here, keep praying the current Roxor drivetrain and powertrain stays. If they go for "upgrade" , you will get that road focussed next gen trash. And FCA will have a field day.