ooooooooooo

FCA looking to block Mahindra

Tokarev

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Tokarev

Man, those new Broncos look nice! I'm looking forward to the big reveal.
Except stuff like this has me worried:

“We see our vehicle different than Wrangler,” the Jeep model favored by extreme off-road enthusiasts, Farley said. “We see it as a vehicle you can live with every day.”

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Was talking with the parts guy at Sherwood Tractor today who seemed to have a good grip on Roxor’s future. So with a grain of salt, here goes:

He said all production is now stopped on 2020 models. That the factory is retooling new body for 2021 and that 2021s may be released this fall.

Seems Mahindra is committed to Roxor and willing to navigate FCA lawsuit win without relying on the appeal process. Will be very interesting to see how this plays out and how compatible current body parts are with redesign.

Fingers crossed Mahindra can pull this off and not stray too far from the nostalgia we all appreciate

Tokarev

...how compatible current body parts...

Replacement front end parts for 18, 19 and 20 models might be scarce in times ahead. MANA can probably warehouse existing 2020 parts and sell as needed but they probably won't support older bodies after that.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Replacement front end parts for 18, 19 and 20 models might be scarce in times ahead. MANA can probably warehouse existing 2020 parts and sell as needed but they probably won't support older bodies after that.

I’ll be short front fenders soon. Rolled one back this weekend on an off camber slide into an embankment. Ordered OTR tube fender kit today, LOL

B

Bister

Was talking with the parts guy at Sherwood Tractor today who seemed to have a good grip on Roxor’s future. So with a grain of salt, here goes:

He said all production is now stopped on 2020 models. That the factory is retooling new body for 2021 and that 2021s may be released this fall.

Seems Mahindra is committed to Roxor and willing to navigate FCA lawsuit win without relying on the appeal process. Will be very interesting to see how this plays out and how compatible current body parts are with redesign.

Fingers crossed Mahindra can pull this off and not stray too far from the nostalgia we all appreciate
Cheaper to re-tool than another big law suit, but something tells me FCA will try again no matter what, even if they know they have a good chance of loosing the second time(hopefully). They do not want Mahindra to bring in their other products to take a slice of th North American pie, and that is Mahindra's goal, to get into the North American market. I don't think this is just about the Roxor.

B

Bister

I think those parts are plenty and won't be any problem. They have been around for years. Worst case, the ones that need a new front end, bolt on the new 2021. Hopefully they didn't move all the holes. lol

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think those parts are plenty and won't be any problem. They have been around for years. Worst case, the ones that need a new front end, bolt on the new 2021. Hopefully they didn't move all the holes. lol

That would be my bet. I’ll wager that the changes will be from the cowel forward. Worst case scenario will be late model fenders, hood and grill and good to go. Expensive for the consumer but a realistic option. Sherwood dude told me the hood hold downs were an issue!!??

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Except stuff like this has me worried:

“We see our vehicle different than Wrangler,” the Jeep model favored by extreme off-road enthusiasts, Farley said. “We see it as a vehicle you can live with every day.”

You definitely have a point there...although, I'm not expecting a '60s Bronc chassis under that pretty new sheet metal for sure. Looks alone, they look cool though.

B

Bister

That would be my bet. I’ll wager that the changes will be from the cowel forward. Worst case scenario will be late model fenders, hood and grill and good to go. Expensive for the consumer but a realistic option. Sherwood dude told me the hood hold downs were an issue!!??
I agree. I doubt they want to change the tub and ROP's if they don't have to, unless its minor cosmetic stuff, cause then a lot of accessories would need changing also. But, never say never.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
hood hold downs were in the trade dress suit. FCA wants to own the simplest of designs. I have files to cut the grill if I need another replacement. Fenders and hood can be adapted from aftermarket Jeep parts if needed. As long as we can have access to drivetrain parts I’m happy, mostly of concern would be sensors and wiring harness.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just saw this. Looks like a whole new front end. Fenders appear to be gone

New look Mahindra Roxor teased | Team-BHP

Screenshot_20200707-134833_Chrome.jpg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m gonna lmao if the new body has hints of the old commando in it.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I’m gonna lmao if the new body has hints of the old commando in it.

Me tooooo! Lol. I am thinking a cross between the old Bronco and International Scout with a little TEota land cruiser thrown in for good measure so EVERYONE can try and jump on the I sue, I sue band wagon. Lol.

BDRAG