ooooooooooo

FACTORY HALF DOORS.....

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Well all, After playing in the mud a few times now and having mud slung all over the inside as well as outside of the Rox, I installed the flairs a while back and have not tried them just yet. I have been looking at the various half doors made out there. Some shop made and some good ole DIY. All look good but are kinda pricy for the old cheap bastard like me.

Last week I was asked by my dealer to help be a spokes person at a local event where they had a Roxor all dolled up with 2 inch wheel spacers, a s h I t pot of stereo stuff, fortress roof and windshield, bumper hoop, lifted 2 inches in front and so on. Nice ride! So I stood around for two days helping explain the beasts and why they are not street legal and how well they do for the ranchers and working farms which we have many of here in Texas.

So while taking a break I was looking at the OFFICIAL ACCESSORIES book they had. I see Mahindra is now producing the half doors in house? COOL! While at the show I gathered freebies from various booths and even acquired a few Donald Trump fake coins. Funny stuff there. Well after I left the show the second day I forgot my ditty bag with all my goodies. A J, the lady running the booth snagged my bag for me and I went by to gather it up and A.J. asked me what I wanted for my time. I said, Half priced Half doors would work! LOL.

To my surprise I think its going to happen either for free or for half price! SWEET! LOL. If and when I get them I will follow up.....

BDRAG

Solid Half Doors

These solid half doors are black powder coated and have a durable steel frame structure. They include an Interior molle panel for mounting storage accessories and an exterior UV protected black ABS panel with textured finish. The doors also have a wide opening for ease of ingress / egress, an easy to use pull latch requiring no vehicle modifications, and hinges designed to easily mount to the holes currently on the ROXOR. The splash guard is quick & easy to install and the exterior panels are easy to attach & replace. Available as accessory or factory install.

Part Number: 0103AUA00291N

MSRP: $699.99 USD

Solid%20Half%20Doors_closed.png

Solid%20Half%20Doors_open.png

Previous Next

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Nothing better than deals on truck parts lol

Those do look sweet, but I'm holding off on what comes about for the whole top.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m holding off too. I’d like to have a set of doors right away but 700 is too much. I can get half doors for the CJ7 for around 350. I'd say full doors would be worth 700.

Last edited:

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Update: Checked dealer. Doors are on back order. Hummmmmmm. Boat not here yet?

BDRAG

sandyx

Founding Member
Highly doubt a boat is bringing these half doors. Such a Mahindra part does not even exist in India. High chance it's made by US industry. True Mahindra doors are full size automotive doors.

Estes1911

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Well all, After playing in the mud a few times now and having mud slung all over the inside as well as outside of the Rox, I installed the flairs a while back and have not tried them just yet. I have been looking at the various half doors made out there. Some shop made and some good ole DIY. All look good but are kinda pricy for the old cheap bastard like me.

Last week I was asked by my dealer to help be a spokes person at a local event where they had a Roxor all dolled up with 2 inch wheel spacers, a s h I t pot of stereo stuff, fortress roof and windshield, bumper hoop, lifted 2 inches in front and so on. Nice ride! So I stood around for two days helping explain the beasts and why they are not street legal and how well they do for the ranchers and working farms which we have many of here in Texas.

So while taking a break I was looking at the OFFICIAL ACCESSORIES book they had. I see Mahindra is now producing the half doors in house? COOL! While at the show I gathered freebies from various booths and even acquired a few Donald Trump fake coins. Funny stuff there. Well after I left the show the second day I forgot my ditty bag with all my goodies. A J, the lady running the booth snagged my bag for me and I went by to gather it up and A.J. asked me what I wanted for my time. I said, Half priced Half doors would work! LOL.

To my surprise I think its going to happen either for free or for half price! SWEET! LOL. If and when I get them I will follow up.....

BDRAG

Solid Half Doors

These solid half doors are black powder coated and have a durable steel frame structure. They include an Interior molle panel for mounting storage accessories and an exterior UV protected black ABS panel with textured finish. The doors also have a wide opening for ease of ingress / egress, an easy to use pull latch requiring no vehicle modifications, and hinges designed to easily mount to the holes currently on the ROXOR. The splash guard is quick & easy to install and the exterior panels are easy to attach & replace. Available as accessory or factory install.

Part Number: 0103AUA00291N

MSRP: $699.99 USD

View attachment 2878

View attachment 2879
Previous Next
AJ for the win!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
UPDATE: DOORS ARE ON!

So A J came through with her promise and I got them for 50% off for helping work the show booth for the two days for mentioned. SWEET! Thank you A J!

OK. Picked up the doors on Tuesday. I have had the flu for 5 days and have missed 3 days at work but got out to pick up my half doors. The parts guy Steve opened a door box up that was still soggy and wet from shipping and we knew right off, NO HARDWARE. We laughed. We then proceeded over to the display unit and Steve throws the door in the opening and it fits great and he says oh! You just use the existing screws. I looked and there were screws with very small Phillip's slots in the holes and I commented, MAN THOSE ARE SMALL APEX SLOTS! We laughed again. LOL!

So once home I un boxed both doors and as it seems to be VERY COMMON with Mahindra OEM accessories, NO hardware or instructions. The instructions are not on line yet. No big deal but still! Hardware would be nice as well. So I get a few tools out and go to remove the OEM screws. WTF? These are some plastic plug pins with a hex slot to shove them in with. ERRRRRRR! So I get a small all and poke at them and remove the center portion and then pop them all out. Easy enough. Then its off to the assorted hardware box to see what these screws need to be.

I grab the trusty ole 10 year old, shrink wrapped screw kit from a wall mount for a flat screen I hung up 10 years ago in the bed room and select a 8mm screw and try it in the OEM holes. WAHLAH! They fit. So I grab what I can that look long enough. I need 8 for the job. As it would happen, there are 6 of one length and 2 of another length but hey, it don't matter for this application. I round up some washers and go to mounting the doors.

Very easy, just fold out the hinges and pop the door in the hole, CLUNK. It latched itself in just like its always been in that hole! COOL! So I screw the right door in first and can see right off that the retainer strap to limit the door from swinging 180 degrees and smacking the front fender lines up with the lower screw protruding in the foot well area. COOL! So I remove the lower screw and replaced it with a longer screw so I could use yet another part from for mentioned screw kit, a nylon bushing to space the strap buckle out from the recess its going to be in and this lets it clear the buckle from binding. I then slip the buckle over the protruding screw against the bushing and secure it with a nut. BADABING! Works like it was engineered in Michigan! LOL!

SO I loosen all the screws and preload the door forward and pull up on the aft end and tighten the screws. I step back and fling the door closed, PLUNK! Perfect fit. Has about a 1/8 inch gap all the way around and the little rubber snuffers on the inside of the door frame seat tight against the door body recess! MAN! ITS NICE! So now that I know what I am doing, I install the drivers door in about 3 minutes. BADABING!

The door catch fits nice and engages completely around the rolled door recess edge and the door release can be easily operated with a reach back to your side and poke it with your thumb, click, opens right up. Step out and slap the door shut, THUNK, latch engages 100% and shuts nice. There is a 1/8 inch gap between the body and the door all the way around, held there by the rubber bump stops on doors inner edge, also about a 1/8 gap all the way around the doors edge in the recess of the door opening so it should not rattle. Great fit!

Only 1 small issue is the bottom rear edge protrudes a tad more than the rest of the door out past body due to the rubber snuffers on the inside. No big deal to me, its a off road vehicle not a show vehicle. LOL. Well not completely true. HAhaaaaaa.

So other than black hinges against a white body, they look great and fit great. Here's a row of pics including my fast dwindling tv mount hardware stash. LOL! I will remove the doors to apply some clear protective tape on the back side of the hinge plate where it contacts the painted surface to keep down any wear of the paint. I will paint the hardware black, maybe, and I will most likely replace the bolts that are hinge pins with a quick release clevis pin down the road. All in all, I AM FAT, BLINDE, STUPID, OLD, CHEAP but I am also HAPPY! HAhaaaaaa.

BDRAG

ROXOR DOOR 5.jpgROXOR DOOR 9.jpgROXOR DOOR 11.jpgROXOR DOOR 4.jpgROXOR DOOR 12.jpgROXOR DOOR 7.jpgROXOR DOOR 2.jpgROXOR DOOR 6.jpgROXOR DOOR 10 HARDWARE.jpg ROXOR EMBLEM 1.jpg

Last edited:

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Update 3/1/19:

Got a call from the dealer today. Steve the parts guy said, he got my OEM door mounting hardware. Lol. Only took a few weeks. Came with 8 black oxide hex bolts and 2 lock nuts to attach stay strap to protruding bolt from lowest bolt. Lol. Guess I had fingered it out. Maybe I should apply for a job at roxor? Lol.

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Looks great. Are they molle holes on the inside of the door?

I don't know WTF those are? HAhaaaa. They have a metal inner shell with square holes every 2 or so inches apart on the center 3/4 of the inner door. I think I read they are so you can hang bags or attach pouches? Molle being military garb? All I know is the fit and latching is great. No need to do anything but bolt them on, adjust to your liking before synching them down. Latch is built in and secures the door without any adjustment needed. Slam home, bonk, latched.

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Update? Still liking these?
Yes! I like the fit, function and the fact it keeps all the crap from the front tires out of the cab. The door along with the small OEM jeep flairs world great for keeping the mud and rocks out. Don't do s h I t for keeping limbs from smacking you in the face though! Lol.

BDRAG

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Maybe a comparison is due now that some time has passed. ...I went with the OTR aluminum doors painted body color........great product for the same cost as the factory plastic stuff, and a real closure latch. Holding up as new 7 months ago.

Tokarev

Maybe a comparison is due now that some time has passed. ...I went with the OTR aluminum doors painted body color........great product for the same cost as the factory plastic stuff, and a real closure latch. Holding up as new 7 months ago.

How is the OTR superior?

I've seen the factory doora. They mount without drilling. They are a metal door with a plastic shell over the outside. I assume the shell comes off for summer use.

All of these are too expensive.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How is the OTR superior?

I've seen the factory doora. They mount without drilling. They are a metal door with a plastic shell over the outside. I assume the shell comes off for summer use.

All of these are too expensive.

I did not like the friction latch set up on factory door......I do not recall the shell being metal ? Etherway, aluminum is always better anyway. ( I like body color and how the door sounds when I shut it....call me silly ) . I could make my own door for less , but time is short as we get older ( been there done that ). Worth the price , to me !