ooooooooooo

Excited ref Roxor, searching for Info

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When I say manual hubs I suppose that's confusing jargon. Should be warn manually locking hubs

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ok. Thanks for the explanation. I am having a problem with the dealer right now and their basic math Skills I am also rethinking the Soft encloser as a result of reading more posts on TeamRoxor. My local dealer has gone silent but hopefully they are just ultra busy.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A stealership with poor service? Hard to imagine...

B

Bister

Does your post apply to the Roxor option (Matt-Tracks) or also to the NordTracks version?
I think it's the mattracks from Roxor. Not sure if the Nordtracks will fit over or not, but I have tracks on my quad and you do not run it with the front locked. It is very hard to control and puts a lot of stress on the front drive line. If I get stuck, I might lock it to try to get out.

B

Bister

FYI: I had a lunchbox in the front and back. I took it out of the front, it steered like crap in 4x4. I now have the lunchbox in the back and an OX selectable in the front. If you have ever own and ATV with a locking front diff, that will give you an idea how the Roxor will steer with a locker in the front and locked up. I like the Lunchbox in the back, cause lots of little hills and mud holes, it gets me through without stopping to lock up.

In my opinion, do not put a lunchbox in the front for general trail riding, rock crawling maybe. You probably don't even need the front locked. Start with a rear locker, lunch box or OX, and some better tires. If you are not a big rock crawler or mudder, you will probably never need the front locked. I have mine, but I used it like twice in the last year for general trail riding, and I probably could have just taken a bit of a run at it, but I had it so I used it.

B

Bister

Ok. Thanks for the explanation. I am having a problem with the dealer right now and their basic math Skills I am also rethinking the Soft encloser as a result of reading more posts on TeamRoxor. My local dealer has gone silent but hopefully they are just ultra busy.
Zippers fail on the soft enclosure, they replaced both doors twice on mine. On a good note, they warranty them for 2 years no questions asked. lol

Not sure why they are still selling it now that they have other options. They must have a lot of spare doors. lol

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
FYI: I had a lunchbox in the front and back. I took it out of the front, it steered like crap in 4x4. I now have the lunchbox in the back and an OX selectable in the front. If you have ever own and ATV with a locking front diff, that will give you an idea how the Roxor will steer with a locker in the front and locked up. I like the Lunchbox in the back, cause lots of little hills and mud holes, it gets me through without stopping to lock up.

In my opinion, do not put a lunchbox in the front for general trail riding, rock crawling maybe. You probably don't even need the front locked. Start with a rear locker, lunch box or OX, and some better tires. If you are not a big rock crawler or mudder, you will probably never need the front locked. I have mine, but I used it like twice in the last year for general trail riding, and I probably could have just taken a bit of a run at it, but I had it so I used it.
That's exactly why I wouldn't do a front lunchbox without manual hubs.

I also agree that physicsdog probably doesn't need any lockers. MAYBE in some snowy conditions, I'd still prefer a winch if it's going to be either/or.

Steering is also crappy with a lunchbox in the rear, no?

B

Bister

That's exactly why I wouldn't do a front lunchbox without manual hubs.

I also agree that physicsdog probably doesn't need any lockers. MAYBE in some snowy conditions, I'd still prefer a winch if it's going to be either/or.

Steering is also crappy with a lunchbox in the rear, no?
I have manual hubs, but once you are in 4x4 it steers like crap, period; so what good are the manual hubs? If you unlock the hubs so you can steer, there goes your 4x4. Self defeating. Unlocking hubs are for on road use (jeep thing) , I need locked hubs off road (Roxor thing). Hubs are a "Mall crawlers friend". With an OX, you have 4x4, or 3x4 as I call it and with full steering, and lock up and screw up your steering just for a short time. I have the hubs, jumping in and out sucks, too old for that. OX in the front is the only way to go, hub or no hubs; rear you could go either OX or Spartan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have manual hubs, but once you are in 4x4 it steers like crap, period; so what good are the manual hubs? If you unlock the hubs so you can steer, there goes your 4x4. Self defeating. Unlocking hubs are for on road use (jeep thing) , I need locked hubs off road (Roxor thing). Hubs are a "Mall crawlers friend". With an OX, you have 4x4, or 3x4 as I call it and with full steering, and lock up and screw up your steering just for a short time. I have the hubs, jumping in and out sucks, too old for that. OX in the front is the only way to go, hub or no hubs; rear you could go either OX or Spartan.
I'm not disputing that a locked front diff steers like hell, however in my experience any time I truly need 4x4 I'm not turning tight or the dirt/mud is loose enough to prevent any binding or steering issues. I see the advantage being the massive price difference between an auto locker with manual hubs and an e-locker or pneumatic locker.

Hell yeah flipping a switch is easier, but I'm often getting out anyway to spot myself so I see the manual aspect as a non issue for me. I'm almost always wheeling alone, or with my dog.

Having an auto locker in the rear still makes turning a pain, does it not? Considerably less of a pain than a locked front diff, but it still hops in pavement if you throttle through a turn

B

Bister

I'm not disputing that a locked front diff steers like hell, however in my experience any time I truly need 4x4 I'm not turning tight or the dirt/mud is loose enough to prevent any binding or steering issues. I see the advantage being the massive price difference between an auto locker with manual hubs and an e-locker or pneumatic locker.

Hell yeah flipping a switch is easier, but I'm often getting out anyway to spot myself so I see the manual aspect as a non issue for me. I'm almost always wheeling alone, or with my dog.

Having an auto locker in the rear still makes turning a pain, does it not? Considerably less of a pain than a locked front diff, but it still hops in pavement if you throttle through a turn
Other than going out of my driveway, I'm on grass, dirt, or gravel, so don't even notice the rear locker. It does want to push you straight on gravel, but it doesn't really effect the steering, more the handling I would say if that makes any sense. I'm in tight trails lots that I need to have the 4x4 engaged most of the time, I don't need full lock in the front very often, that is why I changed it out. I didn't like fighting the steering wheel, it just wanted to go straight all the time. I rarely unlock my hubs now.

I'm out by myself usually to, except for Princess the farm dog, when I pick her up.

3A3E6E9F-DF5E-4A79-9774-29383731A01E.jpeg

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Other than going out of my driveway, I'm on grass, dirt, or gravel, so don't even notice the rear locker. It does want to push you straight on gravel, but it doesn't really effect the steering, more the handling I would say if that makes any sense. I'm in tight trails lots that I need to have the 4x4 engaged most of the time, I don't need full lock in the front very often, that is why I changed it out. I didn't like fighting the steering wheel, it just wanted to go straight all the time. I rarely unlock my hubs now.

I'm out by myself usually to, except for Princess the farm dog, when I pick her up.

View attachment 8065
I'll have to pay attention to how often I'm in right spots. Might just have to fix my 4runner and lock the rear on the main Mahindra trails and see how it feels. Might do some wire shenanigans and get the front to engage by itself and see how that does, both with the center diff locked to be closer to the roxor..

I may never lock up the roxor. Hi lift is a fantastic traction device too.