ooooooooooo

EGR delete done!

woodtic

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I finished the egr block off but had a check engine light. I still have the stock ecu. Removed the sensor from the top of the valve as suggested, and plugged it back in. Still had the light. Clearing the 405 code didn't help. Took a 1" pvc glue on cap, cut it approximately in half, and taped it tight to the sensor thereby depressing the plunger. This will also prevent anything from getting in the sensor. Plugged the sensor back in but still had the check engine light. Cleared the 405 code and no more check engine light. Been a couple of days now and still no light. Appears like this worked!

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I finished the egr block off but had a check engine light. I still have the stock ecu. Removed the sensor from the top of the valve as suggested, and plugged it back in. Still had the light. Clearing the 405 code didn't help. Took a 1" pvc glue on cap, cut it approximately in half, and taped it tight to the sensor thereby depressing the plunger. This will also prevent anything from getting in the sensor. Plugged the sensor back in but still had the check engine light. Cleared the 405 code and no more check engine light. Been a couple of days now and still no light. Appears like this worked!

thanks. I cut an pasted this advice on my to do list.

woodtic

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Soooo are you needing some advice? Why the post??
The reason for my post was I thought I was on to a fix for those of us that still have the stock ECU and are getting engine codes after removing the egr. Thought it might be helpful for others. I may have missed it, but I didn't see where anyone with the stock ECU is not showing codes after egr removal. It now appears I jumped the gun in my excitement. After at least a dozen starts and over 100 miles, I am now getting the 405 code again. Short of sending the ECU off for egr delete, anyone that still has the stock ECU and has figured out how to not show engine codes after removing the egr, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The reason for my post was I thought I was on to a fix for those of us that still have the stock ECU and are getting engine codes after removing the egr. Thought it might be helpful for others. I may have missed it, but I didn't see where anyone with the stock ECU is not showing codes after egr removal. It now appears I jumped the gun in my excitement. After at least a dozen starts and over 100 miles, I am now getting the 405 code again. Short of sending the ECU off for egr delete, anyone that still has the stock ECU and has figured out how to not show engine codes after removing the egr, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Ok I understand now. Well..... are you interested in a tune? Vivid did a stage 1 for me for only 400 during the holidays. I got my egr deleted and my speeedometer limit removed too

woodtic

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm trying not to do a tune. My wife and I are approaching 70, and are more than satisfied with the Roxor's performance as is (we call her 'Roxie'). We have no desire to go 'duning' or 'rocking'. Just puttsing around along with a few chores suits us fine. We first purchased a 2018 roxor and when the dealer was delivering it, they forgot to latch down the hood and it flew up and was tweeked. They offered us a good deal on a 2019 so we have 55 mph available to us. We get 57 mph going to town and are more than happy with that. I do think it is important to do an egr delete for engine longevity. (What am I saying? Were almost 70, but still....) If we end up having to send the ECU in for an egr delete, then so be it. Given the one guage, I think it's important to have the check engine light come on for other issues. I'll mess with it a bit more and am still hoping someone else might come up with a solution

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm trying not to do a tune. My wife and I are approaching 70, and are more than satisfied with the Roxor's performance as is (we call her 'Roxie'). We have no desire to go 'duning' or 'rocking'. Just puttsing around along with a few chores suits us fine. We first purchased a 2018 roxor and when the dealer was delivering it, they forgot to latch down the hood and it flew up and was tweeked. They offered us a good deal on a 2019 so we have 55 mph available to us. We get 57 mph going to town and are more than happy with that. I do think it is important to do an egr delete for engine longevity. (What am I saying? Were almost 70, but still....) If we end up having to send the ECU in for an egr delete, then so be it. Given the one guage, I think it's important to have the check engine light come on for other issues. I'll mess with it a bit more and am still hoping someone else might come up with a solution

I get it. Well sometimes people will just install a very thin piece of stainless sheet-metal in between the egr and the manifold and that will prevent the exhaust from recirculating. Then keep everything else in place. If that doesn't prevent the trouble code then you may have no choice but to reprogram the computer.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just put a block off plate where the egr cooler used to attach to the egr, and left the egr attached to the intake. No codes in over 9 months.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just put a block off plate where the egr cooler used to attach to the egr, and left the egr attached to the intake. No codes in over 9 months.
To me this sounds like a good option as if you need warranty work. Remove the plate and bring it in. I hate to void warranties.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Unless they changed, the warranty wasn't that great anyway. 12 Month/12000 miles. Being you would be trail riding 12000 miles probably won't come up. I'm coming to the end of my first year with no major problems. Jus a few nuisance issues. My old program chip did not remove the EGR delete of speed sensor, so the EGR fix was a good fit for me. Ken

woodtic

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just so I don't misunderstand.....you have a stock ECU, left all egr hardware, vacuum lines, electrical connections intact and just slipped a single block off plate between egr and the manifold?

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes. I also put on a Chip express program chip that does not alter the Ecu. It changes the signal at the fuel rail. Works awesome. Gained 10hp and 20 torque. Left speed and egr intact no codes and better performance.

woodtic

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes. I also put on a Chip express program chip that does not alter the Ecu. It changes the signal at the fuel rail. Works awesome. Gained 10hp and 20 torque. Left speed and egr intact no codes and better performance.
Thanks! I'll probably go that route and put everything back on. Would have been nice to leave it off, but the goal is to keep the nasties out of the intake. Thanks again!

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks! I'll probably go that route and put everything back on. Would have been nice to leave it off, but the goal is to keep the nasties out of the intake. Thanks again!

Woodtic, I went a similar route as I do not have EGR delete in my ECM. I removed the cooler and piping, installing a block off plate on the exh manifold and the another between the EGR valve and intake pipe, this allowed me to clean up the engine bay (cooler and piping removal), and leave the ECM to a EGR communication link intact, ECM is happy, engine is happy and no codes.

Kickinrox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A 12 mm to loosen the egr cooler clamp, a t40 bit to remove and replace the bolts, a block off plate, and about 15 minutes of time and my engine will stay clean. I have a stage 2 calibration from diesel freaks and only 180 miles on the machine and i couldnt believe how much soot was built up on the gasket when i pulled it out.

20190523_205126.jpg 20190523_204253.jpg 20190523_204237.jpg

Karl Probts

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
T
A 12 mm to loosen the egr cooler clamp, a t40 bit to remove and replace the bolts, a block off plate, and about 15 minutes of time and my engine will stay clean. I have a stage 2 calibration from diesel freaks and only 180 miles on the machine and i couldnt believe how much soot was built up on the gasket when i pulled it out.

View attachment 3878 View attachment 3879 View attachment 3880
That gasket is really dirty. thanks for the pics.

Kickinrox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
T
That gasket is really dirty. thanks for the pics.
The black and grey face of the gasket is actually the sealer they use in the factory assembly. The build up is in the inner circle of the gasket. I couldnt believe that there was that much soot generated by this engine. It makes me wonder if it has been detuned so much from the factory that it doesnt get hot enough for a clean burn of the diesel!?

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Installed the Jimmyb EGR delete. The kit takes care of everything in a nice neat fashion. Plus, it was is one of those satisfying 2 beer jobs. To get rid of the code I got the Stage 2 ECU from KMS which takes care of the code and takes torque from 131 to 165; your butt dyno will feel this. Another up side, at least for me, is I kept my stock ECU.