ooooooooooo

Edge Insight CTS2?

sdfoiler

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Has anyone installed an Edge Insight CTS2 in their Roxor? If so, what sensors are active and can be displayed? Looking at getting one, but wanted to know before I order what I'll be able to see.

Thanks!

CF59

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have one that works great. I have built a custom dash with digital gauges and will sell mine for $400 with a new in the box egt sensor

sdfoiler

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Already purchased and installed the CTS2. Will update on what it reads the next chance I get. I do know it has issues with the vehicle speed when you get going above 40ish - the CTS2 is all over the place on speed.

CF59

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I didnt seem to have that issue, Are you running a tune or stock. I was running a Vivid stage one, which i believe deletes the speed limiter.

sdfoiler

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I have a stage 2. I'll have to look at it closer when the weather warms up. What vehicle did you use when you setup the CTS2?

CF59

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I used import-other

CF59

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am still using edge along with a complete set of gauges, the only thing I cant read on the edge is oil pressure,, speed rpm ect egt intake temp boost and others work fine

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am still using edge along with a complete set of gauges, the only thing I cant read on the edge is oil pressure,, speed rpm ect egt intake temp boost and others work fine
Where exactly did you install the pyro for the Edge monitor? Could you post a picture, please?

CF59

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I removed the EGR cooler and used the coverplate installed on the exhaust manifold
20200128_155716_resized.jpg

20200128_155716_resized.jpg

Last edited:

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@ CF59: Thanks for the descriprion and pictures.
I think you are running a Stage 2 (around 105 hp / 200 ftlb). What EGTs do you read during normal driving? What EGT extremes have you read?

Does the Edge let you set a defuel level or is it simply a display?

I have had different tuned diesel trucks for about 15 years (always used Bullydog just because they are nearby). I like being able to read EGTs for engine safety. A pyro and monitor will be my next electronicd project.

Thanks!

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How did you set up your Edge CTS to work with the Roxor?

I was curious what data is on the Roxor's CAN bus that can be pulled from the OBDII port. I purchased an Edge CTS3 and the dongle / adapter from Dirtl Legal .

When I plug in the CTS3, the device can not recognize the VIN. It gives an option to manually enter the VIN. Unfortnuately, the Roxor ID number does help. It does not matter what I select from the menue, the VIN is required.

Some of folks on the board said the CTS2 worked for you. Someone commented, they just selected "foreign other" or somerhing like that.

TeamNeagle

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I also bought a CTS3 and could not get it to work because of the VIN. It would not read the number ( Certificate of Origin ) that came with the Roxor so I called the Edge and they told me it was not compatible with Roxors so I sent it back. I now own a CTS2 that works on some sensors but centainly not all and I had to use the Import and Other because a Roxor is not listed in the Menu. My Instrument Cluster is out at the time because of it being faulty but as soon as I get it back in I'll keep you posted as to what it reads and don't read.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I bought the
mahindra to OBD attachment. $25.0
The VeePeak OBD BLE+ $39.95
The OBD Fusion app $9.95
Works awesome for what I need.
I use an old IPad....

022ADF2F-1658-443E-843C-1370613E55CF.png 40C29465-554E-44E9-BB12-323716AE512B.png A50CB417-46E0-47DC-ADDF-927F7BF7B4F2.jpeg D00C43D1-44AF-472A-BC3F-799328E57FAE.png

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I bought the Autometer Dashlink 2.0 and it works pretty well but sometimes takes a bit to connect.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I followed PineCreek and bought the VeePeak Bluetooth plug-in and Dirt Legal OBD II adapter.
I am using one of the aps VeePeak recommends (called "CarScanner", a free version).
Tried it finally today. Works.

On my (Android) phone, I can read: RPM, speed, distance travelled, coolant temp, fuel consumption (current, average, rtc), battery voltage.
There is a menu for more sensor readings. I am sure not all of them are on the Roxor's OBD II CAN bus. I will play around and update later.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I followed PineCreek and bought the VeePeak Bluetooth plug-in and Dirt Legal OBD II adapter.
I am using one of the aps VeePeak recommends (called "CarScanner", a free version).
Tried it finally today. Works.

On my (Android) phone, I can read: RPM, speed, distance travelled, coolant temp, fuel consumption (current, average, rtc), battery voltage.
There is a menu for more sensor readings. I am sure not all of them are on the Roxor's OBD II CAN bus. I will play around and update later.
Awesome! I moved some gauges around. I love it!
Great to hear you like it too!

B0F1EAAE-C4DE-463A-9196-BF1924555C44.png