ooooooooooo

Fuel cap issue

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is so trivial I hate to throw it out here but I am scratching my head on this problem. I am hoping someone else experienced this and can provide a solution. When trying to remove the fuel cap it just spins counterclockwise and clicks in the same manner when you put it on. No matter how hard I push in and turn, it won’t release. Short of breaking the plastic into pieces and replace it, not sure what to do. Have a group ride scheduled for Saturday but have to top off before I go. Any ideas are appreciated, thanks in advance.

B

Bister

Not trivial at all. It sounds like it let go inside. Maybe someone knows a fix, I don’t.

Edit: I just went and looked at mine in the garage, not much to it, plastic ratchet type thing. To get it off, you could probably drill a hole in it and stick a nail in it to take it off, then get a new one. Tape or silicon it over till you do. It's screwed anyway by the sounds of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks, if no one else has any other suggestions I will give it a try. Like you said, its junk no matter what.

B

Bister

Thanks, if no one else has any other suggestions I will give it a try. Like you said, its junk no matter what.
I’ve never tried it or had trouble with one, but I’m sure that will get it off.....or a big hammer.

B

Bister

I’m guessing if you drill about on that arrow or just inside of it, that should get it with a nail or screw driver to get it off.

35FD9AC4-80A0-47B5-9672-EE0D4AFB92F6.jpeg 6366FC15-6CC6-43C9-A2D5-C1AE329394EB.jpeg

B

Bister

It’s a vented cap anyway, so it’ll still work if you need it, just seal it up. Maybe someone else had this trouble and knows a trick though. Let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bister

I think some guys said they got locking ones at Napa, so it's probably a common cap. Should be warranty, call your dealer, get them to order you one unless you have one of those dealers that make you bring it in for little *hit like that.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Bister, just wanted to say your recommended fix work like a charm. Never would have though about drilling into the fuel cap, and sticking a nail in it, but it did the trick. Thanks again.

B

Bister

Bister, just wanted to say your recommended fix work like a charm. Never would have though about drilling into the fuel cap, and sticking a nail in it, but it did the trick. Thanks again.
Thanks. I guess I got some of my Dad's "fix it" in me. He use to fix stuff for neighbours all the time (welding etc) and was a farmer and self taught machinest later on and ran a small machine shop till dementia took over.

Glad it worked.

Les.