ooooooooooo

Dumb Question??

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
OK. Since this is the dumb question thread, I have one. Beside my favorite tools, hammer, screw driver, pliers...... Is there an easier way to remove the switch blanks in the dash? Just can't figure out the secret.??

B

Bister

OK. Since this is the dumb question thread, I have one. Beside my favorite tools, hammer, screw driver, pliers...... Is there an easier way to remove the switch blanks in the dash? Just can't figure out the secret.??

Yep, they come out very easy once you learn the trick with the right tool and tape the your dash.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wow! That looks soooo much easier than what I did. I should have taken a video of me and the pieces I chiseled out. You know, a how not to video.?
Thanks Bister!!!

zamani

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not sure if its the same thing.. but I notice a lot of what I guess to be engine vibration that only happens in the early rev range in 5th gear.

B

Bister

So I don't have to smash mine into 50 pieces? Cool! Thank you for posting the video!
Let me know if it works as easy as I make it look. lol. It took a bit to perfect it. Taping the dash saves a lot of scratches cause it marks up easy.

Ksurr

My tuned machine has a significant diesel clatter that starts at 39-40 mph and as I slow down stops at 39-40mph. It doesn't make a difference if I'm in 3rd, 4th of 5th, it starts at/ or stops at 40mph, Any speed over 40mph, significant diesel clatter.

Did a little experiment, removed the speed sensor at the drive shaft, problem solved!! no noise above 40mph.
Does anyone have any experience with this, and know what is causing the clatter?

Drives real nice and quiet without the speed sensor hooked up, but it would bet nice to have the speedometer. Lol
Mine is doing the exact same thing at 39-40mph. I haven't tried unhooking the speed sensor. Have you looked into it anymore or just letting it do it's thing?

zamani

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a stage one tune. Other than that I havnt done anything at all about it. Not too concerned but it does seem a little strange. This is my first diesel engine though.

BSI

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I haven't determined what is causing the clatter condition over 40 mph, still researching the issue.
If i'm running on the road, and going any distance over 40mph, I disconnect the speed sensor. The clatter
adds nothing good to the driving experience. In time it will be resolved I'm sure.

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Out of curiosity, everyone that has this problem, do you all use the same tuner, ie (Diesel freaks, KMS, Vivid, in addition to stock). How about the same level of tune (stage 1-3)? Did any of us actually do the EGR delete and still have this problem? Is it a problem with only one tune and stock, or is it maybe a mechanical problem like waste gate or even after market tires like someone else suggested? I have KMS stage 3, stock LE tires and I haven't physically done an EGR delete. and I haven't noticed this problem yet. I'll listen closely when I take it for a ride next time. Maybe if we can compile enough data between us,we can figure it out and help everyone.

Ksurr

Out of curiosity, everyone that has this problem, do you all use the same tuner, ie (Diesel freaks, KMS, Vivid, in addition to stock). How about the same level of tune (stage 1-3)? Did any of us actually do the EGR delete and still have this problem? Is it a problem with only one tune and stock, or is it maybe a mechanical problem like waste gate or even after market tires like someone else suggested? I have KMS stage 3, stock LE tires and I haven't physically done an EGR delete. and I haven't noticed this problem yet. I'll listen closely when I take it for a ride next time. Maybe if we can compile enough data between us,we can figure it out and help everyone.
Mine was built in January 2019. It now has 360 miles on it, mostly on pavement. I first noticed this noise at around 200 miles, but it seemed to be intermittent then. Now it seems start just as soon as you get to 39-40mph. It stays until you get below that speed agian. It doesn't have a tune yet, waiting on one from KMS now. I removed the EGR last week, just left the sensor, but noise was there before that. Removing the EGR didn't seem to change anything. The noise is definitely from the engine, not tires or anything else. I almost wonder if the ECU isn't changing the timing or the air/fuel mixture at that speed? I don't really notice an increase or decrease in power when the sound of the engine changes.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I‘m thinking the noise is more load related and less speed however at the speeds listed the load is probably high. I have it on mine. Vivid stage 1. Tune and stage probably irrelevant as many people have it. I think next time I take mine out on the road I’ll set the scan gauge to engine load and see if that has any bearing on the noise coming/going.

MAGAHAWK

My tuned machine has a significant diesel clatter that starts at 39-40 mph and as I slow down stops at 39-40mph. It doesn't make a difference if I'm in 3rd, 4th of 5th, it starts at/ or stops at 40mph, Any speed over 40mph, significant diesel clatter.

Did a little experiment, removed the speed sensor at the drive shaft, problem solved!! no noise above 40mph.
Does anyone have any experience with this, and know what is causing the clatter?

Drives real nice and quiet without the speed sensor hooked up, but it would bet nice to have the speedometer. Lol
please explain how disconnecting the speed sensor alters the mechanical / combustion noise in a diesel engine. Thanks

BSI

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What the speed sensor connection to the mechanical/ combustion noise is what I'm trying to figure out. When that is determined,
the problem is solved.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Seems we’re getting to the core symptom. I have Diesel Freak Stage I and EGR delete with cold air intake hold down. The clatter starts at 40mph but will come and go sporadically while maintaining 40+ speed. I wonder if ECU talks to waste gate? Could be we are hearing an exhaust note change v. a clatter?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
regardless of what the noise is I can change it with throttle. Hammer down it quiet downs. Let off it goes away. Ease on the throttle enough to maintain power but not create a lot of boost and you can really hear it. At least this is the way I remember it. Need to get it out again to confirm, it’s been awhile to run it out on the road. like I said next time I’m gonna put the scan gauge on engine load and see if that has any bearing on it.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anyone ever figure this out? I think the electronic speedo talks to the ECM and thats why @ 40 it happens ...mine still does this ...dont know why..