ooooooooooo

Drivers Seat Adjustment Question

Wes Garber

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I am new to the forum, having just discovered the Roxor. I am considering trading my current UTV for a Roxor. In looking at them, my wife, who is vertically challenged (5' 0" tall) cannot properly actuate the clutch pedal due to her short legs. This was with the seat moved all of the way forward. The dealer suggested putting a telephone book behind her back (he was joking). Has anyone ever had this issue or have a solution?

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am new to the forum, having just discovered the Roxor. I am considering trading my current UTV for a Roxor. In looking at them, my wife, who is vertically challenged (5' 0" tall) cannot properly actuate the clutch pedal due to her short legs. This was with the seat moved all of the way forward. The dealer suggested putting a telephone book behind her back (he was joking). Has anyone ever had this issue or have a solution?
Maybe add a layer of foam under a seat cover. Or you could figure out a bracket to move the seat forward on the base.

Quelo

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just adjusted my seats. I made new holes to gain another inch back but I noticed that there were holes to move the slider bracket forward an inch or so.

Phoenixbob

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
At 6.4" and knee's not at full range of motion I need to move the seat back 2" at least. Has any one done this? I am not ready for a new seat yet but looking at the seat frame I could drill and tap a new hole but only get an extra 1 1/2". Not sure if that's worth it.

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I looked at the frame today. If you would weld a 2.5" angle iron at the back of the seat holder frame you could move the track 4".

At 6.4" and knee's not at full range of motion I need to move the seat back 2" at least. Has any one done this? I am not ready for a new seat yet but looking at the seat frame I could drill and tap a new hole but only get an extra 1 1/2". Not sure if that's worth it.

Phoenixbob

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well I now have enough room in the drivers seat. I took a 12x18 piece of T6 6160 and bolted it to the storage box. I then drilled the seat brace holes 4" back. The seat moving back hit the seat belt re-winder so I used an existing bracket, bent it up 90 degrees and hooked to it. Went for a drive today and it was great!

20191019_154043.jpg20191020_152441.jpg20191020_152000.jpg20191020_181128.jpg20191020_184450.jpg20191020_184457.jpg20191027_131517.jpg

Mark Hubbs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well I now have enough room in the drivers seat. I took a 12x18 piece of T6 6160 and bolted it to the storage box. I then drilled the seat brace holes 4" back. The seat moving back hit the seat belt re-winder so I used an existing bracket, bent it up 90 degrees and hooked to it. Went for a drive today and it was great!

View attachment 5082View attachment 5083View attachment 5084View attachment 5085View attachment 5086View attachment 5087View attachment 5088
Bob, this is a great idea. I'm 6'4" and will probably need to do the same thing. I have some 2 inch wide, 1/4 inch thick steel strips. Could those be used on both sides instead of a big plate?

Phoenixbob

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I used the plate for the extra stability because I am a fat @ss also. The plate will not bend like the strips in my opinion. If you use the strips you may want some sort of bushing to go from strip to floor.

Mark Hubbs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I used the plate for the extra stability because I am a fat @ss also. The plate will not bend like the strips in my opinion. If you use the strips you may want some sort of bushing to go from strip to floor.

Bob, I forgot to ask. Is the plate aluminum? How thick is it? Thanks