ooooooooooo

Disabling EGR, please explain to me why.

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey all,
I am about to get my Roxor tuned here soon. I basically want to get rid of the speed limiter so it looks like I will go with a stage 1 from either Vivid of Diesel Freak. Reliability is way more important to me than gobs of unneeded power. I am hearing a lot of talk and suggestions about having them disable the EGR while I am at it.
What exactly does that entail? I have heard it will help with long-term reliability but just wanted to know the ins and outs and pros and cons. I would rather not have a machine that emits a ton of smoke and pollutants, or at least not more than it already does. I honestly think the stock power is fine for the most part but am curious what exactly disabling it will bring and why or why not it should be done.

P.S. Glad I sprung for the winch. Already pulled myself out of the snow and a guy in a large Silverado!

20181208_140648.jpg

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The are no cons to disabling the egr. If you disable it your engine will last longer and your mpgs will improve. Vivids tune is exactly what your looking for in terms of improving power without sacrificing reliability. They gave me a special holiday price.