ooooooooooo

Differentials

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No case spreader is needed. I use a brass hammer and love tap the bearing races and carrier until i can install the bearing caps, at that point i tighten all four bolts keeping the carrier as even as possible. But you will need a slide hammer with the right attachment to remove the axle and the right puller to remove the wheel hubs. if you go to the Roxor site, all the way to the bottom you can find installation instructions. they will show you the puller and slide hammer.

mike_d

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you’re going to install just one set of lunchbox/Spartan lockers, would it be best to install on the front or rear?

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you’re going to install just one set of lunchbox/Spartan lockers, would it be best to install on the front or rear?
That's not an easy question. Putting it the front will increase traction better because the weight of motor is over axle however it will only help when in 4x4 drive. You would also want lockouts. Putting in the rear the additional traction is always there for you. I myself have always added LSD's, lockers, to the rear first. I would suggest the rear.

B

Bister

Mine is going in the back next Tuesday and hubs on the front. I might add the lockers to the front at a later date. I figure if its in the back, it will engage and get me out of trouble before I get in, even if you're in 2 wheel drive; especially pushing snow. I can see this being the case for me and not even shifting into 4x4.

mike_d

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ve got hubs for the front as well, since I like the idea of towing for short distances. Do you have to do anything to engage/disengage the Spartans?

Sorry if this is really basic stuff guys, I’m a rookie when it comes to this...

B

Bister

I’ve got hubs for the front as well, since I like the idea of towing for short distances. Do you have to do anything to engage/disengage the Spartans?

Sorry if this is really basic stuff guys, I’m a rookie when it comes to this...
Check out this YouTube video. It explains it pretty good. There are more on there also, watch a few and things start to makes sense. Doesn’t really matter the brand. They are referred to as “lunch box lockers” also.

RoxorSE

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE #052
Installing a locker on the front differential does also give the ability to steer out of a rut etc. and get going in a new direction.

one2doo

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ox called me Friday and said they have my lockers built and will ship out first of next week. Went with the manual ones.

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ox called me Friday and said they have my lockers built and will ship out first of next week. Went with the manual ones.
Any price difference directly from ox?

one2doo

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Any price difference directly from ox?
I paid 950 not 1700 each plus cables. You have to get electric ones through Roxor they have a deal with them. I wanted the manual ones anyway.

DEKirk2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Can anyone tell me what I can expect to pay to have a locker installed by the dealer or other mechanic? im afraid the cost of the parts is the least of my concerns...

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I paid 950 not 1700 each plus cables. You have to get electric ones through Roxor they have a deal with them. I wanted the manual ones anyway.
Let me know where they install the actuator.

44Bogger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
is the spacer a new part that comes with the locker? or more likely something Ill find when I take the spider gears out?

The spacer comes out with the factory spider gears. Apparently it is a rarely used part. Most mechanics will not think it should go back in as the Spartan instructions say "remove all parts from inside factory carrier."

Peder53

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The spacer comes out with the factory spider gears. Apparently it is a rarely used part. Most mechanics will not think it should go back in as the Spartan instructions say "remove all parts from inside factory carrier."
Thanks for this info, my set showed up today, ordered from Amazon

Jimij

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Can anyone tell me what I can expect to pay to have a locker installed by the dealer or other mechanic? im afraid the cost of the parts is the least of my concerns...
My dealer in Victoria Texas ( Velocity Powersports ) charged 262.95 to install the spartan in the rear differential.
I thought this was very reasonable ! Note...I did purchase the part through them...440.00