ooooooooooo

Considering Selling One of My Roxors (2019 or 2023)

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
As the title says, I am thinking about selling one of my Roxors. As some of you probably know, I have a Traffic Red 2019 and a Black 2023. I am trying to decide which one to keep since I really do not need both of them. They both need a good bath, but are otherwise healthy and happy! My real question is whether someone would pay enough for the 2019 to make it worth me parting with the classic look.

The 2019 is registered as a mini truck in Louisiana (street legal on roads 55MPH or less) with the following mods that I can think of off the top of my head. Most, if not all, of these are documented on this forum:
266 miles 87 hours- used mostly around the yard with a few drives to work and back.
Diesel Freak Stage 1 Tune
Jeep YJ color matched windshield and roll cage mod
Turn signals and YJ windshield wipers
Rough Country 2.5" Lift
Upgraded Shocks (Duralast Nissan Frontier truck shocks)
Aluminum 7-Slot color-matched grill
EAG front bumper and HF winch.
Smittybilt rear receiver bumper.
Warn Locking Hubs
33" Mudstar tires
CJ Fender Flares
Kimimoto sound bar
OTR Slider/Steps
CJ bikini top

The black 2023 is still a work in progress. It only has 19.8 miles on it. So far this is what Ive done.
Rough Country 2.5" lift + YJ shackle lift for a total of ~3.5" front and ~2" rear
35x12.5x15 Milestar Patagonia tires
American Racing AR23 Wheels
Mile Marker locking hubs
OTR Slider/Steps
TJ Sway Bar Links

Any thoughts on a reasonable price for either one of them? It seems to me that the 2023 would be something in the range of the current 2024s, but the 2019 might be worth a good bit more to someone who prefers the classic look.
Having a hard time adding pictures. I'll add another post with them.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Pictures

IMG_7588.jpeg IMG_7587.jpeg IMG_7586.jpeg IMG_7585.jpeg IMG_7584.jpeg IMG_7589.jpeg

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The 7 slot grill added the most value to the 2019!!😀

Scatman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Grump , good looking toys ! Can you refresh my memory on how you got the mini truck plate on the 19 ?? What paperwork did you have to provide ? Did you get a mini truck plate for the new roxor ? So far I’ve been running mine with a red triangle on the back and a farm truck affidavit in the console . Haven’t been stopped by state or local police and they have certainly seen me.
I avoid crowded towns and certainly stay off the interstate . I’m in Lacombe La
Scatman

Scatman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Grump , good looking toys ! Can you refresh my memory on how you got the mini truck plate on the 19 ?? What paperwork did you have to provide ? Did you get a mini truck plate for the new roxor ? So far I’ve been running mine with a red triangle on the back and a farm truck affidavit in the console . Haven’t been stopped by state or local police and they have certainly seen me.
Scatman

874DADAB-B062-4583-9C7E-EEEF7E1428E1.jpeg

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Scatman
Thanks! I have not re-titled the black one yet because I haven't completed all of the required mods.
The short version is that you have to have a clear title and complete an affidavit that says you have all of the required equipment (lights, turn signals, windshield, wipers, etc.). Take this to a title place and ask to have it re-titled as a mini-truck. Take a copy of the Louisiana rules, because they will likely not be familiar with it. I've attached a copy of the rules for reference.

Attachments

• MINI TRUCK.pdf
    227.2 KB · Views: 35

Satex

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
As the title says, I am thinking about selling one of my Roxors. As some of you probably know, I have a Traffic Red 2019 and a Black 2023. I am trying to decide which one to keep since I really do not need both of them. They both need a good bath, but are otherwise healthy and happy! My real question is whether someone would pay enough for the 2019 to make it worth me parting with the classic look.

The 2019 is registered as a mini truck in Louisiana (street legal on roads 55MPH or less) with the following mods that I can think of off the top of my head. Most, if not all, of these are documented on this forum:
266 miles 87 hours- used mostly around the yard with a few drives to work and back.
Diesel Freak Stage 1 Tune
Jeep YJ color matched windshield and roll cage mod
Turn signals and YJ windshield wipers
Rough Country 2.5" Lift
Upgraded Shocks (Duralast Nissan Frontier truck shocks)
Aluminum 7-Slot color-matched grill
EAG front bumper and HF winch.
Smittybilt rear receiver bumper.
Warn Locking Hubs
33" Mudstar tires
CJ Fender Flares
Kimimoto sound bar
OTR Slider/Steps
CJ bikini top

The black 2023 is still a work in progress. It only has 19.8 miles on it. So far this is what Ive done.
Rough Country 2.5" lift + YJ shackle lift for a total of ~3.5" front and ~2" rear
35x12.5x15 Milestar Patagonia tires
American Racing AR23 Wheels
Mile Marker locking hubs
OTR Slider/Steps
TJ Sway Bar Links

Any thoughts on a reasonable price for either one of them? It seems to me that the 2023 would be something in the range of the current 2024s, but the 2019 might be worth a good bit more to someone who prefers the classic look.
Having a hard time adding pictures. I'll add another post with them.
I'll give you $5000 for the 2019. I'm guessing you may find that less than reasonable. If so, how much more would it take to get to reasonable?

I realize that's what your essential question, but in my experience the only way to answer that is to do a little research, come up with a number, and then negotiate to what is reasonable for THAT vehicle in that place at that time

Nice rides either way

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That’s a ridiculous lowball offer. I have yet to see any year Roxor advertised for less than $12,500. The non runner Roxors missing parts and such I’ve seen go as high as 5000 in auctions. I would think it would be reasonable to assume most Roxors start in the 10k range (actual sell price) and go upwards depending on conditions and add ons. I know I wouldn’t let mine go for less than 25k and even then I’d have to think twice at that price. he‘a got a solid 14k Roxor IMO.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'll give you $5000 for the 2019. I'm guessing you may find that less than reasonable. If so, how much more would it take to get to reasonable?

I realize that's what your essential question, but in my experience the only way to answer that is to do a little research, come up with a number, and then negotiate to what is reasonable for THAT vehicle in that place at that time

Nice rides either way
From the few I’ve seen for sale, I was thinking between $15-18K. Having the YJ windshield and being titled and registered as a mini-truck is worth a lot I would think. I would have to think long and hard about $15K, but closer to $18K would probably make me let it go.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That’s a ridiculous lowball offer. I have yet to see any year Roxor advertised for less than $12,500. The non runner Roxors missing parts and such I’ve seen go as high as 5000 in auctions. I would think it would be reasonable to assume most Roxors start in the 10k range (actual sell price) and go upwards depending on conditions and add ons. I know I wouldn’t let mine go for less than 25k and even then I’d have to think twice at that price. he‘a got a solid 14k Roxor IMO.
Thanks! I was thinking $15-18K with the upgrades and mini-truck registration. Might be on the high end, but I really dont need to sell either of them.

Satex

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
It wasn't a serious offer. I thought making it low would help communicate my point rather focus on some number that makes sense to me. I guess not. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It wasn't a serious offer. I thought making it low would help communicate my point rather focus on some number that makes sense to me. I guess not. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Looks like it worked cause you now have some numbers by the OP to start with.