ooooooooooo

2022 or 2023 Project

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For some reason I am developing a strong urge to buy one of the new versions to tinker with and see what I can do with it. Is anyone else having similar thoughts? I definitely do not plan to get rid of my 2019, but the 2022/2023 models are a new challenge and would be a clean slate for me.
Not sure I can get it past the wife, but Ive got it on my mind!

Last edited:

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ive been talking to a dealer in Shreveport that has several 2022s and one in Alexandria that is a "Premier" Mahindra dealer and supposedly got the first shipment of what he is saying are 2024 HDs. I am planning to go check them out tomorrow or Friday and pick up a brochure. He did send some pictures and they definitely have some changes/upgrades from the 2022.

Flush Mount LED Tail Lights- How hard will this be to hack and add turn signals?
Digital Gage- Will this be better than the previous analog ones.
2.7L Engine- Same as the one in Mahindra 55HP tractor. Should make parts more available.
PTO- Requires adapter but could be useful to some.
3/4 Ton Payload- Not sure how it will ride being so short and having such stiff springs.

Im sure there are a lot more questions and potential answers, but overall I am still very interested. I'll update after I see them and getting the brochure.

As a side note, I sent the dealership owner some pictures of my 2019. He's in love with it and wants me to help him fix up his 2024. Hopefully I can leverage this to get the wiring and repair manuals for the new ones! We'll see.

WY_ROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a 2022 with the digital cluster, its not great. anything over like 40/50 MPH it just jumps around.

I am not a fan of the LED taillights, the dealer I got mine from had 2023/2024 models as well. I did not know about the PTO, thats pretty cool.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ive been talking to a dealer in Shreveport that has several 2022s and one in Alexandria that is a "Premier" Mahindra dealer and supposedly got the first shipment of what he is saying are 2024 HDs. I am planning to go check them out tomorrow or Friday and pick up a brochure. He did send some pictures and they definitely have some changes/upgrades from the 2022.

Flush Mount LED Tail Lights- How hard will this be to hack and add turn signals?
Digital Gage- Will this be better than the previous analog ones.
2.7L Engine- Same as the one in Mahindra 55HP tractor. Should make parts more available.
PTO- Requires adapter but could be useful to some.
3/4 Ton Payload- Not sure how it will ride being so short and having such stiff springs.

Im sure there are a lot more questions and potential answers, but overall I am still very interested. I'll update after I see them and getting the brochure.

As a side note, I sent the dealership owner some pictures of my 2019. He's in love with it and wants me to help him fix up his 2024. Hopefully I can leverage this to get the wiring and repair manuals for the new ones! We'll see.

PTO? now that's interesting, do they have a flyer on it?

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Attached are some pictures of the brochure I picked up today. I generally like the new model but the front definitely needs some attention. Another thing I did not like was the huge ROXOR lettering on the tailgate. Fortunately, I confirmed that they are stick on tape, so I can just peel them off if I get one. I liked the look of the flush mount LED tail lights, but I still dont know how they are wired or how we could wire in a turn signal option.
Also, I talked to the owner about the PTO. Apparently the transfer case in all of our Roxors have the PTO provision. It connects under the cover in the attached picture (they had a 2019 in the shop for some transmission work and the T-case was on the bench). Mahindra has not marketed this option, but an older mil spec PTO will work. He told me they helped one of their customers find a used one and install it on his new machine to run a pump. He is supposed to be sending me the part number for the older mil spec unit. According to him, Mahindra is close to releasing a new add on PTO kit.
One last thing, he did say that he would get me the manuals if I end up buying one.

2019 Transfer Case PTO Cover.jpg 2023-2024 Brochure (1).jpg 2023-2024 Brochure (2).jpg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I bought one of the 2023 HDUV models like this with the new 2.7L engine, etc. and I could not even get a brochure, or manual. The dealer had the vehicles but not the brochures or operators manuals. The dealer printed me a copy of the 2022 operators manual. If you are able to get a 2023 operators manual, let me know the secret on how/where to get one.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Attached are some pictures of the brochure I picked up today. I generally like the new model but the front definitely needs some attention. Another thing I did not like was the huge ROXOR lettering on the tailgate. Fortunately, I confirmed that they are stick on tape, so I can just peel them off if I get one. I liked the look of the flush mount LED tail lights, but I still dont know how they are wired or how we could wire in a turn signal option.
Also, I talked to the owner about the PTO. Apparently the transfer case in all of our Roxors have the PTO provision. It connects under the cover in the attached picture (they had a 2019 in the shop for some transmission work and the T-case was on the bench). Mahindra has not marketed this option, but an older mil spec PTO will work. He told me they helped one of their customers find a used one and install it on his new machine to run a pump. He is supposed to be sending me the part number for the older mil spec unit. According to him, Mahindra is close to releasing a new add on PTO kit.
One last thing, he did say that he would get me the manuals if I end up buying one.

View attachment 12845 View attachment 12846 View attachment 12847
I started looking into the military style PTO, but it appeared Mahindras version bolts to the bottom of transfer case, pretty sure the Jeep style came out the back.

Might be a decision of versatility over ground clearance...

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I started looking into the military style PTO, but it appeared Mahindras version bolts to the bottom of transfer case, pretty sure the Jeep style came out the back.

Might be a decision of versatility over ground clearance...
I am still a little confused on this, but from what the guy is telling me, the PTO they got for their customer bolted to the back of the T-Case where that 5-Bolt cover is in the picture I posted. He did say it was mil-spec so I suspect it is somehow compatible with the early Jeep versions.
I will ask him if he has any pictures of it installed.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I bought one of the 2023 HDUV models like this with the new 2.7L engine, etc. and I could not even get a brochure, or manual. The dealer had the vehicles but not the brochures or operators manuals. The dealer printed me a copy of the 2022 operators manual. If you are able to get a 2023 operators manual, let me know the secret on how/where to get one.
The owner of the dealership told me that they got the machines before they got any of the documentation. He said it is starting to trickle in, but Mahindra only has two administrative people designated to the Roxor line so it is taking a while. Take that for what it's worth, but it seems to match with what we are seeing.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am still a little confused on this, but from what the guy is telling me, the PTO they got for their customer bolted to the back of the T-Case where that 5-Bolt cover is in the picture I posted. He did say it was mil-spec so I suspect it is somehow compatible with the early Jeep versions.
I will ask him if he has any pictures of it installed.
Hmm, actually that would be possible if the rear input bearing was removed and the PTO had a robust bearing support on the front. Early 2020 I was designing a Jeep style shaft to retrofit, didn't even think about the 2 flats under the rear bearing could be used as a drive. I'll have to dig in a little myself!

Pictures from India I saw definitely were bottom mount units, but there's so many combinations of stuff over there it's impossible to find them all without some sort of starting reference.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Congratulations. I hope your dealer actually delivers on the promise for the manuals. When I picked up my 2023 HDUV, the dealer said he would send me the owners manual, as he did not have any. He ended up printing out the 2022 manual from the website and putting it into a binder and mailing it to me. I cannot find a copy of a 2023 manual. Should you get a copy of the 2023 manual, please post, as Mahindra is still only showing the 2022 on their website.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Congratulations. I hope your dealer actually delivers on the promise for the manuals. When I picked up my 2023 HDUV, the dealer said he would send me the owners manual, as he did not have any. He ended up printing out the 2022 manual from the website and putting it into a binder and mailing it to me. I cannot find a copy of a 2023 manual. Should you get a copy of the 2023 manual, please post, as Mahindra is still only showing the 2022 on their website.
I talked to the guys at the dealership and the owner, who I have gotten to be really good friends with, and they still do not have the manuals. I know they will give them to me as soon as they are available though. The owner of the dealership has bought a black one just like mine and he wants me to help him fix it up. We have a deal for me to come in on Saturdays when the tractor shop isnt open and I can use the space and tools. He's a really good guy and I think he'll come through for us!

Ridem32

How many gallons of fuel? I couldn’t read it from the picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk