ooooooooooo

Colorado High

Roxor76028

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The Roxor has made quite the journey from Texas to New Mexico then finally Colorado. Very impressed how she performed on old logging/ forest roads, & tight mountain trails. I'll try & upload some more pictures later. We did get stuck while attempting to bust open Elwood Pass lol. 3' snow bank did us in, very sticky snow. Another week or two & most passes around 11-12k should be open. The rear locker with hubs is a must. Allowed us to have more gearing options (low) in 2wd. As a reminder always carry the appropriate recovery gear. There's a couple items I'll need to add; A High Lift Jack would have saved us a bunch of time. Also a hand saw would of come in handy too. If possible test your gear before hand. My 2 ton come a-long with snatch block wouldn't even budge the heavy Roxor backwards.

Kinda funny, everyone thinks it's a Jeep until they hear the little diesel. Makes for a great conversion starter.

Anyways here's to a great season ?. Have fun & be safe!

20210602_162533.jpg 20210603_103104.jpg 20210603_125549.jpg 20210605_105231.jpg 20210606_114302.jpg 20210606_121017.jpg 20210606_130027.jpg 20210606_125424.jpg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing, amazing countryside.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Did you trailer it to Colorado? Is it fully plated? Did you drive it on the roads in CO? I'm wanting to do the CO-BDR soon and want to drive it the whole way and was wondering how CO handled these.

Perunapete

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Great pics! Can you give more details on where you went in New Mexico? I am planning to go to Red River, NM over July 4th weekend, and I'll drive the Roxor up there from Fort Worth.

Roxor76028

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Did you trailer it to Colorado? Is it fully plated? Did you drive it on the roads in CO? I'm wanting to do the CO-BDR soon and want to drive it the whole way and was wondering how CO handled these.
Yes 16' dual axle trailer with single brake. It's not fully plated, maybe eventually. Yes I drive it on roads but very short distances, also air up to 28-30psi. In the small mountain towns you most likely won't ever have an issue, bigger cities or towns away from off roading I'm not sure.

Roxor76028

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Great pics! Can you give more details on where you went in New Mexico? I am planning to go to Red River, NM over July 4th weekend, and I'll drive the Roxor up there from Fort Worth.
Oh man I'm in Fort Worth (Burleson) we should do a meet up sometime. That's alot of miles to Red River. I'm in Las Vegas (NM) now on my way back to Carlsbad. Hailstorm & tornado stopped me in my tracks. There'll be plenty of OHV/ Jeep trails there. I've only had my Roxor out around Carlsbad.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ve always been curious about the trails around cloudcroft. Just know it’s beautiful up there and that tunnel thru the mountain surprised me. Wasn’t expecting anything like that. What’s around Carlsbad? Seems like it’ll be just desert with small hills Or did you head out west towards the mountains?

Roxor76028

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I’ve always been curious about the trails around cloudcroft. Just know it’s beautiful up there and that tunnel thru the mountain surprised me. Wasn’t expecting anything like that. What’s around Carlsbad? Seems like it’ll be just desert with small hills Or did you head out west towards the mountains?
Yeah vast 2 track desert. Mostly dead end at oil/ gas sites. It can be interesting when you find gullies, oasis, water etc.
I'm thinking about heading to Cloudcroft/ Ruidoso later this year when it cools off. Could start a thread to see who would want to do a Roxor meet up.

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
reg c. 2018 Roxor #1435/ Western Co. I TRAVEL JEEP ROADS ALL over COLORado and Utah. In Co. a UTV state sticker will let you travel on a lot of county roads and almost All USFS / BLM roads. Towns are often by a designated route, if at all. I prefer the the San Juan mountains ( know as the JEEP capital of the world ) on the Uncompahgre Nat. Forest.The area is between Ouray,Silverton,Lake City and Telluride Co.These were wagon roads around 1900 and have become 4X4 roads. The Alpine Loop connects these towns via these Passes , black Bear 12840 ,Hurricane 12407,Engineering 1212800, Cinnamon 12620 , the Corkscrew rd.. Roxor looks so much like a Jeep it fits right in. No differential lock needed ,roads Do Not present off road opportunities / Go to Moab UT. for that just 3 hours. (staythetrail.org )- for all counties roads. Week ends are now crazy with side by sides. ENJOY

tram buff. boy.JPG corke screw.JPG ROXor6.jpg

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
reg c. 2018 Roxor #1435/ Western Co. I TRAVEL JEEP ROADS ALL over COLORado and Utah. In Co. a UTV state sticker will let you travel on a lot of county roads and almost All USFS / BLM roads. Towns are often by a designated route, if at all. I prefer the the San Juan mountains ( know as the JEEP capital of the world ) on the Uncompahgre Nat. Forest.The area is between Ouray,Silverton,Lake City and Telluride Co.These were wagon roads around 1900 and have become 4X4 roads. The Alpine Loop connects these towns via these Passes , black Bear 12840 ,Hurricane 12407,Engineering 1212800, Cinnamon 12620 , the Corkscrew rd.. Roxor looks so much like a Jeep it fits right in. No differential lock needed ,roads Do Not present off road opportunities / Go to Moab UT. for that just 3 hours. (staythetrail.org )- for all counties roads. Week ends are now crazy with side by sides. ENJOY

View attachment 9245 View attachment 9246 View attachment 9247

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes 16' dual axle trailer with single brake. It's not fully plated, maybe eventually. Yes I drive it on roads but very short distances, also air up to 28-30psi. In the small mountain towns you most likely won't ever have an issue, bigger cities or towns away from off roading I'm not sure.
Thank you!

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Oh man I'm in Fort Worth (Burleson) we should do a meet up sometime. That's alot of miles to Red River. I'm in Las Vegas (NM) now on my way back to Carlsbad. Hailstorm & tornado stopped me in my tracks. There'll be plenty of OHV/ Jeep trails there. I've only had my Roxor out around Carlsbad.
I enjoyed driving my Roxor up the mountain and to the state park there in Carlsbad. Good times while I was there working.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yeah vast 2 track desert. Mostly dead end at oil/ gas sites. It can be interesting when you find gullies, oasis, water etc.
I'm thinking about heading to Cloudcroft/ Ruidoso later this year when it cools off. Could start a thread to see who would want to do a Roxor meet up.
That would be awesome!

Cheech

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The Roxor has made quite the journey from Texas to New Mexico then finally Colorado. Very impressed how she performed on old logging/ forest roads, & tight mountain trails. I'll try & upload some more pictures later. We did get stuck while attempting to bust open Elwood Pass lol. 3' snow bank did us in, very sticky snow. Another week or two & most passes around 11-12k should be open. The rear locker with hubs is a must. Allowed us to have more gearing options (low) in 2wd. As a reminder always carry the appropriate recovery gear. There's a couple items I'll need to add; A High Lift Jack would have saved us a bunch of time. Also a hand saw would of come in handy too. If possible test your gear before hand. My 2 ton come a-long with snatch block wouldn't even budge the heavy Roxor backwards.

Kinda funny, everyone thinks it's a Jeep until they hear the little diesel. Makes for a great conversion starter.

Anyways here's to a great season ?. Have fun & be safe!

View attachment 9200 View attachment 9201 View attachment 9202 View attachment 9204 View attachment 9205 View attachment 9206 View attachment 9207 View attachment 9209
Thanks for sharing beautiful !