ooooooooooo

COLORADO WAS A BLAST!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Well all, I dragged the Roxor out to my buddies in Salida Colorado last week. We did some fantastic rides. 4 of us all together. 2 were in the Roxor and two on 4 wheelers. Let me just say, THE ROXOR WENT ANYWHERE THEY DID!

We did some roads a pick up could do, but most were narrow rocky trails. We went up above the old gold mine town of Bonanza. Saw some great abandoned mines. Then we did some trails out around the town of Pitkin. All were great and challenging rides. We did a stream crossing and even used the winch to remove some downed trees. The draw back to the tree event was the road ended a mile up. LOL! CRAP! LOL! Here are some pics and a few videos.

To sum it up, these things are a real capable machine. My buddy was very skeptical at first but in the end he was absolutely impressed and he has run the mountains out there for the last 15 years and seen a lot!

BDRAG

roxor colorado 11.jpgroxor colorado 12.jpgroxor colorado 13.jpgroxor colorado 14.jpgroxor colorado 15.jpgroxor colorado 16.jpgroxor colorado 17.jpgroxor colorado 18.jpgroxor colorado 19.jpgroxor colorado 20.jpg

Last edited:

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
OK. Trying videos again.... well crap my pics went away. Errrrrr. LOL. These are before and after pics.

BDRAG

roxor colorado 6.jpgroxor colorado 10.jpg Above Bonanza.jpg

Last edited:

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Damn do I miss Colorado! Was at Ft Carson in the Army and stayed another 7 years after I got out. Enjoy buddy!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Best I can fingger, I got about 23-25 mpg. The fortress top and flip out windshield worked great. With windshield open, most of the dust from the two 4 wheelers ahead that I followed just blew through and did not swirl and come in from behind. So no need for back barrier behind seats with window open.

The addition of the CJ 7 fender flairs and the OEM half doors kept every bit of the mud, rocks, and most of the rain we encountered off of us as well as the aren't limbs that slapped us. The flairs kept 98% of the mud off the body. The OEM spare tire and mount was solid and had no issues even though it was a rough time. The winch worked great!

BDRAG

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Where is that? Me and my brother want to take our Roxor and CJ to Colorado this year. We usually go to Moab, but were thinking of something new this year. Awesome pics.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Where is that? Me and my brother want to take our Roxor and CJ to Colorado this year. We usually go to Moab, but were thinking of something new this year. Awesome pics.

My Friend lives near Salida Co. The first day we headed out from Salida or Poncha springs on 285 south and prolly drove 20 -25 minutes. That day we drove around the mountains above the town of Bonanza.

The second day we drove over Monarch Pass on hyw 50 towards Gunnison. On the down the mountain side headed west on 50 you come out of the twisties onto a long down hill straight. About 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile down this straight away you will turn right onto a road that is kind of more than a 90 degree turn off of 50. The only road I saw to the right coming down into the valley. This took us towards the town of Pitkin. I am sorry I do not have the off highway road names or numbers. I was along for the ride. We parked off to the side of the gravel roads in a turn out and unloaded. Left the trucks and trailers there. All I know is there are so many side trails everywhere. If you don't have a map or follow someone who knows where they are, you better take camping gear! LOL.

Now on the way up Monarch pass I did see a sight to the right that said, OLD MONARCH PASS. This does come out in the valley on the way to Pitkin. I saw the same sign. LOL. My friend said it does go through but is not challenging.

I will see if I can google the roads.

BDRAG

Last edited:

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
OK. The one is off 285 to the west. Near Whale Hill. Looking at Google satellite images. The other is what looks like a road # 888 off 50 to the west. Look at the satellite maps at all the trails lol. I Know from Pitkin you can go all the way to Tin Cup and then Elmo and back east to 285 again.

BDARG

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Absolutely amazing, thanks for the info. I'm stoked to get my Roxor out some more. Very cool pics!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Absolutely amazing, thanks for the info. I'm stoked to get my Roxor out some more. Very cool pics!

You will defiantly need to air down to 20 lbs at least. Bumpie ass ride. LOL. Lots of the trails are very narrow. My buddy kept talking about the vehicle sizes. 60 inches wide on many side by sides and atvs. Mine with flairs was only 64? Lots of 68 inch wide and wider cant go where the smaller ones can go. Not sure weather or not this is a state reg or the fact they just wont fit on the trails?

Many high altitude trails and passes were closed up until the second week of July! WOW!

Make sure you buy your Colorado permit for ANY vehicle that will be off pavement. Get it anywhere a fishing license is sold. $ 25.25. Buy at Walmart or like me I bought it at a Murdock's lumber. Like a tractor supply. Enjoy. I damn sure did!

BDRAG

PS. We only saw 4 other vehicles, 4 wheelers all day around the place off 285 south of Salida.

Last edited:

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That looks great! I drove those same trails, several years ago in my Viking. Would like to do them again in the Roxor. Heading out to Utah to run around Canyon Lands with the Roxor at the end of the month. Plan on base camping around Green River and heading out from there.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Awesome area, I live just North of Salt Lake, and me and my brother love Moab and surrounding area. Enjoy