ooooooooooo

Clutch upgrade

echo3delta

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am upgrading my clutch and was curious who builds a better clutch. Diesel freak or dirt legal?

My roxor is stage 2 gilomen innovations tuned

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I purchased the one Wade at Diesel Freak sells, no idea where he gets his. Looks pretty beefy but I didn't install it yet. I have a stage 2 tune, and haven't had any trouble with the stock clutch...yet. gonna put the new clutch in soon however.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I purchased the one Wade at Diesel Freak sells, no idea where he gets his. Looks pretty beefy but I didn't install it yet. I have a stage 2 tune, and haven't had any trouble with the stock clutch...yet. gonna put the new clutch in soon however.
All was good until i went with bigger tires. But when we did my sons, stage 2 and stock tires, you could tell his clutch was slipping as well. Did you get pressure plate and disk? The disk from Diesel Freaks is cermic, if i remember right, and yes you can install just the disk. However normally a ceramic disk has a pressure plate with the correct clamping force. This is why we installed the South Bent clutch in both are Roxors. My Roxor is now pushing 350 torque, have put it to the test several times, and came say the clutch is great.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Was that before or after regearing with the larger tires?

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
All was good until i went with bigger tires. But when we did my sons, stage 2 and stock tires, you could tell his clutch was slipping as well. Did you get pressure plate and disk? The disk from Diesel Freaks is cermic, if i remember right, and yes you can install just the disk. However normally a ceramic disk has a pressure plate with the correct clamping force. This is why we installed the South Bent clutch in both are Roxors. My Roxor is now pushing 350 torque, have put it to the test several times, and came say the clutch is great.
I purchased the whole unit with plate and disk.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wonder if you had regeared if it would have helped. Less strain. I’m running 33s and 4.88s and so far all has been good.
Well all i can say is the day i put on the larger tires, 255/85R16, the clutch slipped so bad it was hard to get up to 40 mph. And i have changed many clutches and have never seen one like the stock one. looks like it is made of plastic.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How are you making 350 ft lbs of torque? Do you have a CP3?