ooooooooooo

Front spindle seal upgrade and wheel bearing/seal part numbers

gasser

Roxor #
Recently replaced all front wheel bearings and seals along with the upgraded spindle seal. Both front axle U-joints were bad as well. Sourced everything from the local parts stores.
Spindle seal is metric and part numbers equate to the seal size. 42mm x 72mm x 8mm. V wiper seal butts up against it to keep more dirt out
Since pictures can get blurry when zoomed I'll make a list of part numbers off the boxes
V seal wiper- Napa SKF #400400
Spindle seal- 42x72x8TC-BX (From Motion Industries in Grand Forks ND)
Front wheel hub seal- National # 472015
Wheel bearings and cups- Napa #'s LM501310 VP
LM501349 VP
BR24720
BR24780
U-joint- Precision # 365 or 83286
20230126_102534.jpg

20230126_102942.jpg

gasser

Roxor #
Thanks,
How many miles did take for all that to wear out?
This machine only has 2,200 miles on it but due to it going through water, all the bearings were destroyed by rust. These seals seem to be a lot better fit on the axle so hopefully they keep moisture out better.

gasser

Roxor #
@gasser: thanks for posting.
Did you reuse the shims and spacer from between the bearings?

I'm really interested in the V wiper!
The Roxor spindle has this hollow ring (I don't know how to describe it, which CJ spindles do not have). The stock oil seal has a wiper that slips into that hollow ring on the spindle. I really like the design.

How does the V wiper you found mount? Do you recess the oil seal deeper into the hub and then stack the V wiper?

The sequence in to out would be (1) V wiper, (2) oil seal, (3) inner bearing, (4) outer bearing, (5) washer, (6) locking nut, (7) Star-locking washer, (8) outer nut.

Juold to show how close the ROXOR is to an old CJ - but different: my 1950s CJ uses two of the LM501349 bearings (inner and outer front wheel bearing are the same).
The Roxor has two different wheel bearings. If I remeber correctly, the LM501349 is a bit wider.
I ended up putting the spacer back in but didn't use the shims because it didn't feel like they had enough preload on with them in. Only had 2 shims on each side so it wasn't much that was taken out

As far as the V wiper, I looked at the seal kit that Torque King sells and the guys at my local parts store found me the same seals. The v wiper is on the axle shaft right outside of the U-joint and butts up against the seal. Didn't have to recess it deeper, just flush with the edge like the old one was. The v wiper is a tight squeeze get stretched over the axle shaft but seems to provide a really nice fit against the seal that way.

Hopefully my picture shows up for everyone, but it shows the grey v wiper against the spindle seal in that picture

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Great information AZROX . Thanks for posting.