ooooooooooo

Clutch slave cylinder fails...UPDATE

GnadenAce

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
UPDATE: 2/11/23

I may have crapped on Mahindra's parts supply chain prematurely. I called the dealer service dept. and was informed that the slave cylinder they ordered had arrived yesterday (Friday). They were working on it today and I should be able to pick it up Monday or Tuesday. Maybe someone at Mahindra has been listening. No matter what, it's pretty impressive that we both got the part from different suppliers in about a week. And honestly for the price, I'm going to order a brake master cylilnder for a spare. The clutch master cyl. has a plastic reservoir and I'm pretty sure the brake one does too. Experience says that it's not if plastic pieces fail, it's when they fail. Cheap insurance,
End of Update.

My 2022 Roxor has less than 200 miles on it and the slave cylinder for the clutch failed. Suddenly had no clutch pedal resistance, and the clutch was stuck in a partially engaged/disengaged position. Luckily this happened within a few hundred yards of the shop and I didn't have to have the wife come rescue me off of an abandoned township road. Wanting to load up on spare parts that might fail and afraid that my dealer wouldn't be able to find the part, I ordered a replacement slave cylinder from a forum member who is also on ebay and is located in India on February 2. Also on that day I loaded up the Roxor and took it back to where I bought it (100 miles) away. After I dropped it off I asked the service manager how long it would take him to get the part. He replied that the parts had been really hard to get. I asked him if I could find an OEM part if he would install it and he said he would. So yesterday a week later I called the service manager and asked him if he had the part yet. He replied that he was still trying to get an ETA on the part, with no reply from Mahindra. I had tracking info that my part from India would he delivered to me by Monday night and I told him he would hear from me as soon as I received it. The part showed up at my door late THURSDAY night, even though my ebay summary shows delivery the 10th. Delivery from India in SIX days. There is something terribly wrong with Mahindra's parts supply to it's Roxor dealers and it's common with their tractors dealers also. The engineering and durability of their products makes repairs less frequent, and I think it's a fair trade. I don't recall ever hearing of another clutch slave cylinder failure, but if the warranty part ever shows up, it will join the spare starter, engine ECU (stored in faraday bag), and for good measure I also bought the clutch master cylinder. The ECU was pricey, but I thought the master and slave cylinders were very reasonable. Can't wait to get it back.
Screenshot from 2023-02-10 18-34-27.png

Last edited:

FredFlintstone

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Glad you where able to get the part..... Mahindra really needs to get these part issues worked out......

GiStore

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
UPDATE: 2/11/23

I may have crapped on Mahindra's parts supply chain prematurely. I called the dealer service dept. and was informed that the slave cylinder they ordered had arrived yesterday (Friday). They were working on it today and I should be able to pick it up Monday or Tuesday. Maybe someone at Mahindra has been listening. No matter what, it's pretty impressive that we both got the part from different suppliers in about a week. And honestly for the price, I'm going to order a brake master cylilnder for a spare. The clutch master cyl. has a plastic reservoir and I'm pretty sure the brake one does too. Experience says that it's not if plastic pieces fail, it's when they fail. Cheap insurance,
End of Update.

My 2022 Roxor has less than 200 miles on it and the slave cylinder for the clutch failed. Suddenly had no clutch pedal resistance, and the clutch was stuck in a partially engaged/disengaged position. Luckily this happened within a few hundred yards of the shop and I didn't have to have the wife come rescue me off of an abandoned township road. Wanting to load up on spare parts that might fail and afraid that my dealer wouldn't be able to find the part, I ordered a replacement slave cylinder from a forum member who is also on ebay and is located in India on February 2. Also on that day I loaded up the Roxor and took it back to where I bought it (100 miles) away. After I dropped it off I asked the service manager how long it would take him to get the part. He replied that the parts had been really hard to get. I asked him if I could find an OEM part if he would install it and he said he would. So yesterday a week later I called the service manager and asked him if he had the part yet. He replied that he was still trying to get an ETA on the part, with no reply from Mahindra. I had tracking info that my part from India would he delivered to me by Monday night and I told him he would hear from me as soon as I received it. The part showed up at my door late THURSDAY night, even though my ebay summary shows delivery the 10th. Delivery from India in SIX days. There is something terribly wrong with Mahindra's parts supply to it's Roxor dealers and it's common with their tractors dealers also. The engineering and durability of their products makes repairs less frequent, and I think it's a fair trade. I don't recall ever hearing of another clutch slave cylinder failure, but if the warranty part ever shows up, it will join the spare starter, engine ECU (stored in faraday bag), and for good measure I also bought the clutch master cylinder. The ECU was pricey, but I thought the master and slave cylinders were very reasonable. Can't wait to get it back.View attachment 12096
Thanks as assured am always available for shipping parts by FedEx ,Have most parts available or can source them from mahindra plant here.
Simply check my store & search ROXOR ,If thers any part not there msg me i will arrange.
Fyi am also Working on a full Soft Top with complete fittings & looking for someone to collaborate with me