Stock clutch life on roxor

TnRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ve put 1400 miles in my roxor and I’m just curious about the clutch life

B

Bister

Should last for thousands of kilometres if you know how to drive stick. Now, if you are pushing it’s normal use limits, you might have trouble sooner, but then you should probably upgrade it anyway at that time.

I’m at 8500 miles. I don’t plan on touching the clutch till it’s in 6 digits and hopefully not even then.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not sure. My clutch seems fine when I drive it but if I park it on a slight incline and turn engine off and leave it in gear and don’t set the parking brake it’ll creep a little bit. Sooner to later I’ll upgrade it. Hoping for the later.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Depends on what your roxor is used for, stock tires vs bigger tires, stock power vs tuned ECM. Its all relative.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
either way an upgrade solves any possible issue it could be. I figured it’s a weak pressure plate. no slip felt while driving. So who knows For sure. An upgraded clutch setup will come in time.

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not sure. My clutch seems fine when I drive it but if I park it on a slight incline and turn engine off and leave it in gear and don’t set the parking brake it’ll creep a little bit. Sooner to later I’ll upgrade it. Hoping for the later.
I am pretty sure that is the engine camming over one cylinder at a time. Mine does this as well, next time I park on an incline I’ll pop the hood and see if the fan moves. I am waiting on a parking brake cable. (It has only been one month)

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am a little over 4200 miles and I am not taking it easy but I don’t ride the clutch either. Still seems pretty solid once I’m engaged

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am pretty sure that is the engine camming over one cylinder at a time. Mine does this as well, next time I park on an incline I’ll pop the hood and see if the fan moves. I am waiting on a parking brake cable. (It has only been one month)
You know I thought about that but thought since the engine was new it should have enough compression not to do that. Sounds like this may be another quirk of the Roxor. I’m gonna park and check the fan as well.