ooooooooooo

Clutch pedal rubber already worn. Warranty or something else?

MAGAHAWK

I noticed the rubber on my clutch pedal is already wearing through. Under 1K miles and about 45 hours.

Is the rubber covered under warranty and/or will something that's thicker and better quality fit?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
that's why a lot of off road vehicles use metal instead of rubber. For $2 why complain about it being a warranty issue?

Tokarev

that's why a lot of off road vehicles use metal instead of rubber. For $2 why complain about it being a warranty issue?
I didn't know they were $2.00 when I started this thread.

Still, I have had my vehicle less than three months and have not done a whole lot of wheeling with it. Rubber pads should last longer than weeks....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
OK, I'm back for the weekend to where the Roxor resides and see that my clutch pedal looks as good as new. No wear on mine. This is Roxor #1440 with 2000 miles on it. Maybe there was a change in the rubber material after mine was built (August 2018) or are there ones older than mine that have a worn pedal? Nevertheless, what is the best way to reduce the thickness of a piece of wood? You can use sandpaper or a file and rub it repeatedly. Likewise, how would you wear down a clutch pedal cover? You rub it with the bottom of your shoe repeatedly. And maybe some shoes are grittier than others, like sandpaper.

B

Bister

OK, I'm back for the weekend to where the Roxor resides and see that my clutch pedal looks as good as new. No wear on mine. This is Roxor #1440 with 2000 miles on it. Maybe there was a change in the rubber material after mine was built (August 2018) or are there ones older than mine that have a worn pedal? Nevertheless, what is the best way to reduce the thickness of a piece of wood? You can use sandpaper or a file and rub it repeatedly. Likewise, how would you wear down a clutch pedal cover? You rub it with the bottom of your shoe repeatedly. And maybe some shoes are grittier than others, like sandpaper.
I'm sure mine is worn cause I'm in trails daily in low range and shifting constantly with 5000 miles vs guys that put 2000 on the unit on the road and hardly have to shift. I'm not worried about it, most of our old farm trucks never had covers and if I need something I'll try anti-slip tape or 'redenck' up something. This clutch is nothing, some of the old farm trucks needed 2 feet and if you slipped, it left a good mark on your shin at 10 years old. lol

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I remember reading somewhere on this forum that someone got a pair of Mazda (I think) pedals for about $10 on Amazon that work perfect. I was going to order a pair, but mine are still in good shape for some reason. My 4x4 shifter boot is another story...that thing has rotted and cracked pretty badly. I looked for a replacement, but couldn't find one anywhere...might have to roll the dice with an aftermarket one, and hope it fits.

bassguy354

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I remember reading somewhere on this forum that someone got a pair of Mazda (I think) pedals for about $10 on Amazon that work perfect. I was going to order a pair, but mine are still in good shape for some reason. My 4x4 shifter boot is another story...that thing has rotted and cracked pretty badly. I looked for a replacement, but couldn't find one anywhere...might have to roll the dice with an aftermarket one, and hope it fits.
I got the Mazda replacements. They wore through equally quickly. In my opinion, they are not worth trying. I plan to get metal replacements when the Mazdas wear the rest of the way through.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine also wore out in about 6 months, and I drive like a Hillbilly. (Mostly barefoot) Hey, it's hot here!?? Anyway I had better luck with the Mazda pedals. Put them on a year and a half ago and they're still in great shape.

20220621_164129.jpg

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I only use my clutch to get going. I float it through the rest

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sounds like a hit or miss with there supply? Mine has been daily driven since new with no sign of wear.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The original jeeps back in the early 40's had bumps on the pedals to keep military shoes from slipping off. The rubber ones are cushy but as I have lost my clutch pad also, I am thinking of just drilling some 1/8in holes in a nice pattern and using pop rivets if I have any trouble keeping my foot on them.

Reactions: lcp

Jhop567

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The original jeeps back in the early 40's had bumps on the pedals to keep military shoes from slipping off. The rubber ones are cushy but as I have lost my clutch pad also, I am thinking of just drilling some 1/8in holes in a nice pattern and using pop rivets if I have any trouble keeping my foot on them.
That would work until you went barefoot...

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My solution to this never being an issue is only use the clutch to start and get going. I float the gears the rest of time