ooooooooooo

Clutch pedal rubber already worn. Warranty or something else?

Tokarev

I noticed the rubber on my clutch pedal is already wearing through. Under 1K miles and about 45 hours.

Is the rubber covered under warranty and/or will something that's thicker and better quality fit?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

B

Bister

Mine is worn also. I turned it around for now, next I’ll switch it with the brake, then I’ll worry about them. Lol

Tokarev

Mine is worn also. I turned it around for now, next I’ll switch it with the brake, then I’ll worry about them. Lol
Yeah turned the peddle top to bottom this morning.

B

Bister

I just checked, new ones are $1.99

ECC8DCA9-DC2D-46F1-80C3-3009E66D9BD4.png

Hammer

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I noticed the rubber on my clutch pedal is already wearing through. Under 1K miles and about 45 hours.

Is the rubber covered under warranty and/or will something that's thicker and better quality fit?

I've got the same problem. less than 2K miles on mine and clutch pedal rubber wearing through.
I took it to local dealer where I purchased my little badass machine , and they said it probably wouldn't be covered under warranty.
There computers were down so I couldn't get an answer. I'll be heading back and hopefully get a proper answer. I'll post the outcome.

sandyx

Founding Member
Interesting. I think it's something to do with grippy shoes and boots. In its previous market, all those pedals had to see were worn out flip flops or bare feet, exceptions aside. Or may be this is a new supplier using soft rubber. Any pics?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Interesting. I think it's something to do with grippy shoes and boots. In its previous market, all those pedals had to see were worn out flip flops or bare feet, exceptions aside. Or may be this is a new supplier using soft rubber. Any pics?
So I'm good to go. I wear sandals most of the time. Lol!

BDRAG

B

Bister

Turned mine around as well. But for $1.99 I' think i'll order a couple extra.
Remember that $1.99 is the MSRP. Some dealers mark that up, mine doesn’t, so double check the price and if they tell you it is more, remind them the MSRP is $1.99 which includes shipping to the dealer. I’ve heard where they like to give a good story why the listed price is wrong. Oil filters are only $6.99 also.

Tokarev

Checked Sherwood. Price is $1.99 but they are shown as out of stock.

Hammer

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Remember that $1.99 is the MSRP. Some dealers mark that up, mine doesn’t, so double check the price and if they tell you it is more, remind them the MSRP is $1.99 which includes shipping to the dealer. I’ve heard where they like to give a good story why the listed price is wrong. Oil filters are only $6.99 also.
Great info. Thank you sir

B

Bister

Great info. Thank you sir
You are most welcome. The full parts catalog link is on the Roxor website in the fine print at the bottom and most prices are listed with shipping to the dealer included. Some have "call us" for a price, but that is usually on the big stuff.

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The next time you press down on the clutch pedal, pay attention to how your left foot is situated. Are you leaving your heel on the floor as the sole of your shoe slides along the pedal as you push it down? Or are you lifting your foot off the floor and depressing the pedal with no scraping between your shoe and the pedal? The first method will wear out the pedal while the second method will make it last a long time and is the proper way to work the clutch since it travels much further than the brake pedal.

Tokarev

The next time you press down on the clutch pedal, pay attention to how your left foot is situated. Are you leaving your heel on the floor as the sole of your shoe slides along the pedal as you push it down? Or are you lifting your foot off the floor and depressing the pedal with no scraping between your shoe and the pedal? The first method will wear out the pedal while the second method will make it last a long time and is the proper way to work the clutch since it travels much further than the brake pedal.
The pedal is too high to use if I leave my heel on the floor and work it with my toe.

I lift the left foot up and press straight down on the pedal. Hold it down while shifting and then lift foot up and off.

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When I get back to where my Roxor is this weekend, I'll have to take a look to see if my clutch pedal is showing any signs of wear. I have 2000 miles on it now with a lot of shifting and clutch pedal use.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I put 130,000 miles on a 72 pinto 3 door. It did not have a rubber clutch or brake peddle cover since 20,000 miles. Just Drive the S H I T ! Lol.

BDRAG

B

Bister

I've seen people use that anti-slip grip tape on pedals. Someone will probably make a set of grips for them yet. Right now everyone is making windshields, when they are done with that, maybe billet pedal caps might be next. lol

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine are doing the same thing, I guess this means we are all guilty of enjoying ourselves in these little machines!

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have about 950 miles on my Roxor and no wear as of yet. I do as Tokarev and move my foot to the side when done shifting. Lots of gates here on the farm though so don't know how long it will continue to hold up.

B

Bister

I was looking around for pedal grips/ideas and saw this. I think when mine finally wear off and fall off, I might give this a try....anti-slip tape.

0515121342a.jpg