ooooooooooo

CJ7 windshield

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There are several styles of CJ5,6,7,8 windshield frames. The early variants (55-68 CJ5) we arched upwards in the center and stood a bit straighter upwards. The top ran in a channel, and they had high-mount wipers. The later ones were more like what most people see as a "CJ" windshield.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I like the earlier versions better, but in reality fitment will prolly be roughly the same. The stock roll cage is mostly incompatible one way or another.

Cayugabj

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Nice work with windshield. I don't a Roxor yet but I have been trying to see what mods have been done and the windshield was the very first one I would have done. Did you consider using a cowl from a cj or would that not meet up correctly? My other question is, now that you have a cj windshield and have no role bar are you thinking of using one from a cj?

General

Founding Member
@Cayugabj Thanks. The I used the CJ cowl that goes with the windshield. It's a pretty good fit, between the CJ windshield frame and the Roxor body. The CJ roll bar doesn't fit in any way, but you can customize your Roxor roll bar or build a fully custom one, with or without attaching to the CJ windshield frame or body below.

General

Founding Member
Cowl seal, you're right. It's #6 in the photo below. Cheap and easy, mates up pretty well to the Roxor cowl. Image is from Morris4x4.

Morris.jpg

Durdinfarm

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi Team Roxor, this is our 1,000th thread! Congratulations, and thank you for taking this journey with me!

I remember the first time I saw the Roxor advertised about a year ago. Before it even went into production, I asked myself, "How hard would it be to get a Jeep CJ7 windshield frame onto a Roxor body?" This was the one modification I knew I needed to make the project a success. Maybe you can see why. This was my hardest Roxor modification, but the most important to me. Here's what I did:

View attachment 3282 View attachment 3283

Parts list and prices (around $700 total):
windshield frame $150, Crown J5758971
windshield hinges $103, Smittybilt 7403
wiper motor cover $40, Kentrol 30459
interior windshield brackets $18, Smittybilt 7408
cowl frame weatherstrip seal $20, Fairchild 5453950
wiper plug pivot covers $7, Omix-ADA 13318.02
mirror 3" round $7, Grote 12004-5
windshield glass & install $167, Safelite glass shop (includes gasket)
paint $200, local Maaco body shop

Notes:
The mounting holes don't align. Jeep parts use standard/American diameter and thread pitch, and Mahindra parts use metric. The lowest hinge holes aren't even close to fitting, so I left them out. More than half of the other holes in the hinge and wiper motor plate needed to be elongated with a side-mill bit. I did it with a small drill press, but a true machinist mill would be easier, and a hand drill honestly won't be precise enough. Loc-tite everything! Don't save a dollar by installing the glass yourself. These parts are all easily available. Windshield frames from Omix-ADA and Crown are equally poor quality, but OEM CJ7 are hard to find and are likely rusty. CJ7 wipers suck compared to other Roxor windshields' wipers, but I don't care about wipers. Color match wasn't good on the hinges and windshield frame--make sure your paint shop shows you a sample before you install it in the dark! Buy stainless steel everything, because it's cheaper than repairing rust later. I like the minimalistic mirror, but there are many options which install on the front of the windshield hinges.
Thanks for all the post and info your Machine is sharp.
Carl