ooooooooooo

Check Fluids!!

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just bought the Beast about a month ago. Asked the sales dude for owner’s manual but he had no clue. Oh well- off we go. Found the manual and spare keys under the seat when we got home- joy! Also found the MSRP sheet and get this, a PRE-DELIVERY CHECK SHEET that was IGNORED!!

This forum is awesome. Somewhere I read about loose fastners and low fluids. So doing a go over before our coming trip, I had to add:

16oz to front differential
12oz to transfer case
14oz to transmission

The rear dif had an OX added so that was OK

Point is, Mahindra has laid out a predelivery process and my dealer did not do the inspection. Had it not been for this forum, think I’d be SOL. Thanks Everyone!

Hope like heck no damage occurred

Now I need to inspect vent tubes :(

rocko

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just bought the Beast about a month ago. Asked the sales dude for owner’s manual but he had no clue. Oh well- off we go. Found the manual and spare keys under the seat when we got home- joy! Also found the MSRP sheet and get this, a PRE-DELIVERY CHECK SHEET that was IGNORED!!

This forum is awesome. Somewhere I read about loose fastners and low fluids. So doing a go over before our coming trip, I had to add:

12oz to transfer case
14oz to transmission

Point is, Mahindra has laid out a predelivery process and my dealer did not do the inspection. Had it not been for this forum, think I’d be SOL. Thanks Everyone!

i had the same problem, bought a new Roxor 3 weeks ago, it took 2 quarts to fill transfer case and front and rear ends

MNROXOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

12oz to transfer case
14oz to transmission

Mine was the same they handed me the check list and it wasn’t touched. I trailered it home. Brought it into the shop and went over everything stuff not tight, about ever fluid was low. Mine is an 2018 I chalked it up to new product new employees. With all that said I love the thing. I bought a new Harley about a month before getting my Roxor if I would of got the Roxor first I wouldn’t own the Harley.

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Glad I saw this I checked and both differentials were low and so was transfer case. I never would have thought to check this since I have not gone through any water. Does anyone know if transmission fill is same as transfer case? As in do you fill until starts to drain from fill hole?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Trans is same as t case. Fill till comes out. Both use same fluid. 80w90 GL4. Autos are like a car with a dipstick.

Hay Hay

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wish I had seen these posts 2 weeks ago... I bought mine new and 6 days into it I had my wheels lock up on me. Turns out there was less than a pint of fluid in the transfer case. After fishtailing all over and nearly flipping it, I had to have it towed to a shop nearby for repair. Thankfully they are going over everything to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

Please check everything after purchase.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wish I had seen these posts 2 weeks ago... I bought mine new and 6 days into it I had my wheels lock up on me. Turns out there was less than a pint of fluid in the transfer case. After fishtailing all over and nearly flipping it, I had to have it towed to a shop nearby for repair. Thankfully they are going over everything to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

Please check everything after purchase.
Are you footing that bill or is the dealer you bought it from paying?

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Bought mine from Nash! A 2019 purchased in Feb of 2020. Drove it about 800 miles and noticed that the transmission was getting louder and louder. I started checking the fluids. Transmission: didn’t pull the drain plug, but I stuck my finger in the fill hole and came back with NOTHING! Transfer case fill plug was so loose a 2-year old could have removed it with his fingers. Oil level was low too! I called the dealer. They sent a tow truck (trailer) and picked it up. 5 days later, they called and said it was ready. Silly me….. I believed them. I got it home, and just for giggles, I checked underneath. NOTHING HAD CHANGED!!! I got pissed off and rather than calling them back, (so much for trusting the dealership!) I just filled it up myself. I took it back in again a few months later because the transmission is still noisy. I told them about it being delivered without oil and said that I believe that the transmission is failing. They checked the warranty status. Factory warranty is 2 years. I also bought THEIR Extended warranty.
They declined to replace the transmission, but changed the oil in it and asked me to just drive it for a few hundred more miles.
Today, at 4600 miles, I’m surprised that it hasn’t completely failed, and it is noisy as hell. Nash is the only dealer in the area and I don’t trust them and I don’t feel that they’re treating me right. I also don’t seem to have any other options.
Any suggestions, anybody?