ooooooooooo

Can't shift into 4L

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Brand new Roxor and love tooling around in it in the country and its very hard to shift into 4H and so far I can't get it into 4L...the shifter is like its frozen....can barely move it. I read that this improves with some use, but what is other's experience with this?

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It’s mechanical. Somewhere between feathering the clutch a fraction, shifting to reverse and gentle rev, the stars align and the tranny gods confirm you’ve got OK karma, she’ll slip right in.

Will get better with miles:)

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Brand new Roxor and love tooling around in it in the country and its very hard to shift into 4H and so far I can't get it into 4L...the shifter is like its frozen....can barely move it. I read that this improves with some use, but what is other's experience with this?

I recently bought a 2018 Roxor and have had a similar issue starting with my test drive. I had the shop I bought it from verify the transfer case was working properly and they confirmed it was. When the shop owner delivered the Roxor I had him try getting it into 4-low. Together we discovered that letting the Roxor roll backward slowly on a small incline worked wonders in getting things aligned and allowed for a very easy shift into 4-low. I have been using this technique ever since with very good results.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks guys, I am going to give this a try.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I tried these techniques with success. Thanks to both of you.

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sweet! First time I drove the Roxor I thought I was going to snap the transfer case shifter in half! Seems like a pretty common issue.

Bailey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
same issue on my 19 during the test drive. dealer explained exactly the same as mentioned . . . slight forward roll and off you go.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
mine works like this too... but sometimes rolling to or fro isn't an option as when your're already stuck.

bengoshi

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Phew, I thought it was me! Brand new ROXOR and that transfer case wont budge. We got it into 4L, but then cannot get it back the other way. I was just about to post a new thread. I will try this, meanwhile a few pictures of our new Vineyard worker in Napa Valley...
Mine is the same, slow roll works good,
BDF179B9-51CF-4D9F-9AAD-398A254A7008.jpeg
90569A5F-AFDF-4FBF-B8C0-E689FA6BBFD7.jpeg

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I got under it and sprayed the t-case linkage with white lithium grease...hit all the moving parts good with it and it definitely helped.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Mine is loosening up quickly. Much easier, but still unpredictable after implementing the suggestions. Its great to have a community we can all help each other with like this.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good suggestion. I'll try that too. Mine did get easier with some use but it's not without a lot of effort and ,as other said, some slight movement forward or backward and clutch pedal play seem to mesh the gears. I suspect with more use and your lithium grease idea, things will turn out fine.
Yep, mine has gotten easier to shift just in the three weeks I've had it...although I don't expect it to ever be super smooth. It's just kind of the nature of these primitive beasts. Seems like I've kind of had to fight with every one of the lever shift transfer cases I've ever had, at least a little bit, and the older ones were always a little harder to shift in and out of 4x4...I remember fighting my '50 Willys wagon, my 1970 Scout, my '79 Jeep pickup, my '81 GMC 1/2 ton, '85 Chev 1/2 ton, '86 F250, and even my '92 GMC 3/4 ton, which is probably the easiest of all of them, so the Roxor being that way is no big surprise to me at least.

bengoshi

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Mine is loosening up quickly. Much easier, but still unpredictable after implementing the suggestions. Its great to have a community we can all help each other with like this.

Agreed — I called the ROXOR hotline and they were absolutely clueless about this issue “it should just shift right into 4L easily”! I then came here, preparing to post a query, and found that this forum was all over the issue already. I called ROXOR back and warned them this issue is out there, and being discussed here, and that they may want to look into it. I wont hold my breath!

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I put mine in first ease off the clutch and shift it into 4L. Not butter smooth but it works.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m certain I will twin stick mine. 4LO is finicky to get into and then out of. Thankfully I don’t use it much. Lately I have though as it’s been pulling light tractor duty.