ooooooooooo

Bypass the clutch?

Knadams78

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Is there anyway to start a Roxor in 4 low without the clutch? Anyway to bypass the clutch? Would come in handy in deep water or rock crawling.

Jimij

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Gonna need some serious explanation of the question before that gets any useful answers

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not sure how it would help in deep water but rock crawling I do know. If you stall on a hill climb or have to stop on a climb and kill the engine and put in gear as well as parking brake to safely get out, either way your starting from a dead stop and working three pedals to get moving again. By bypassing the clutch safety you start in gear and work brake and throttle. Jeeps have this ability factory by pulling a fuse (or at least the TJ’s did).

From what I hear unplug on the pedal and put a jumper wire in the harnes.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This thing is really hard to kill. I did a three point turn on a decent incline, without touching the throttle, in second, in 2HI lol

KLaHa

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Maybe I'm missing something here, but why not use the e-brake by hand as the 3rd pedal?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Depends on the situation.

The annoying part of a digital throttle is the lack of easy hand throttle.

Knadams78

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Mainly worried about deep water and mud down here is Lower Alabama. Not try to drive it like a submarine but you never know when you might get in too deep. Depressing the clutch while in deep water would allow water, mud, etc, between the pressure plate, disk, and flywheel. This could render the friction to nearly zero. I would definitely like the ability to crank in 4 low without the clutch and possibly back out of a sticky situation.

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mainly worried about deep water and mud down here is Lower Alabama. Not try to drive it like a submarine but you never know when you might get in too deep. Depressing the clutch while in deep water would allow water, mud, etc, between the pressure plate, disk, and flywheel. This could render the friction to nearly zero. I would definitely like the ability to crank in 4 low without the clutch and possibly back out of a sticky situation.

I bypassed mine because sometimes I like to start it standing outside without climbing in or over to depress the clutch, just popped the receptacle off the switch and stuck a mini fuse in it.