ooooooooooo

Bearings

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is my new favorite thread! Thanks for the info. I’m only 4000 miles in but the roads here are muddy and full of potholes. One of the first things I did was replace the front springs. How are yours holding up?

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For what its worth I’ve always used belray marine grease on all my bearings (including several boat trailers) and have had great success. I used it on my Porsche race car which got repacked after every other outin (overkill, but it was a race car). One tub lasted me over 8 years of the race car, car haulers (tandem axel), boat trailers etc. On the trailers I used bearing buddies which give a zerk fitting that made maintenance much easier. I’m going to be doing my rear locker in the next week and will be repacking all the axels as well as doing a “nut and bolt” on the entire vehicle (did that on the race care every other outing. Racing is a time consuming hobby (not cheap either). I always figured on 5 hours maintenance for every 30 minutes of track time...

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here are the part #'s that we are using since the factory bearings are so hard to get:
Inner Bearing Race: TIMKEN 24720
Inner Bearing: TIMKEN 24780
Outer Bearing w/race: TIMKEN TKA35 or A35
Seal: TIMKEN 472015 (The factory seal is a triple lip design but these work, all your trying to do is keep water/dirt out and grease in)

Hope this helps :)
Thank you !