ooooooooooo

Battery upgrade for use with winch

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Dropped right in!! Exact fit. Plus it was on sale for $82????

20200902_160826.jpg 20200902_155307.jpg

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Found a Duracell battery at Sam's Club, group 34 with positive post on left, 800 CCA,
and the same dimensions as the OEM battery. $102
Bunny, is there a Sam’s club number or Duracell Number?

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Bunny, is there a Sam’s club number or Duracell Number?
Haha my phone changed Vinny to Bunny, sorry!
i think it’s this one, but what’s the difference with the AGM? Is it better to go AGM,
I have LEDs, light bars and winch.

4F7D97CF-90B6-400C-9346-D910F08D3DEE.jpeg

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not an expert but I believe the AGM batteries are top of the line. I just didn't want to pay the extra $$$$. For what I'll be doing, this one should be fine. It's much better than what came out.? The one you have circled is the correct battery.
Good luck.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not an expert but I believe the AGM batteries are top of the line. I just didn't want to pay the extra $$$$. For what I'll be doing, this one should be fine. It's much better than what came out.? The one you have circled is the correct battery.
Good luck.
Awesome! Thank you so much for all your help!

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
AGM Means Adsorbed Glass Mat. Meaning, there isn't any battery acid or water shifting around, and there aren't any hard lead plates to break from Vibration or off road bouncing, and they also don't have freezing problems in the winter. They are better in every way, except for the price.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
AGM Means Adsorbed Glass Mat. Meaning, there isn't any battery acid or water shifting around, and there aren't any hard lead plates to break from Vibration or off road bouncing, and they also don't have freezing problems in the winter. They are better in every way, except for the price.
Thank you!!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If that ain't the truth, I know a lot of people with off road, muscle cars, ect love the Optima Red, Yellow and Blue Series batteries for this reason, but I don't love the $$$tag.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If that ain't the truth, I know a lot of people with off road, muscle cars, ect love the Optima Red, Yellow and Blue Series batteries for this reason, but I don't love the $$$tag.
I replaced the stock Motorcraft batteries in my current service truck 4 months after I got it. The batteries failed, were replaced under warranty, and they failed again. Even just driving on dirt roads with a firm suspension they were shitting the bed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
planned ob·so·les·cence
/ˌpland ˌäbsəˈlesəns/

noun

1. a policy of producing consumer goods that rapidly become obsolete and so require replacing, achieved by frequent changes in design, termination of the supply of spare parts, and the use of nondurable materials.
:rolleyes:

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Battery on my Roxor is getting weak, cranks slow and if my heater is running and I turn on the lights the speed/pitch changes on the fan. Great thread and lots of good info, thanks.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well, I have jump started mine the last 6 days...... I emailed Zia Powersports in Clovis, NM (where I purchased it) and am waiting for a reply. This is a real pisser. No way I'm taking the Roxor off on a hunting trip just to get stranded.