ooooooooooo

Base line maintenance

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Bought my '18, 2 weeks ago. Seller said it has 800 hours on it but it has the dreaded FFFFFF speedo so who knows.

I have tires that need to be replaced, first owner put 33x12.5R15 with no back spacing :rolleyes:

I'm the 3rd owner.

I've already located some OEM wheels/tires to begin with [they are in the process of shipping], but will likely upgrade later.

Has a dynomax tune but I plan on a retune at the same time I upgrade tires.

I plan on putting on full set of CECCO skid plates [maybe not the exhaust] and rocker guard.

Leaning toward the HardCab for sport ROP, with wipers.

Plan on making it street legal.

Will use it on fire trails and back roads and my farm.

I want to change all the fluids and do all routine maintenance now, at once, to have a base line going forward [had no maintenance records when I bought it].

Basically everything in the maintenance section of the operator's guide, see attached.

Any guidance, suggestions, warnings or tips would be most helpful.

Best sources for fluids, filters and parts would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• maintenance list.pdf
    69.2 KB · Views: 185

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Personally I like amsoil. Fluids are very easy to change. Just one specialty tool, a 5/16 S socket

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No, 3/8 will not work. 25.4mm / (3/8) = 9.5 mm. That is about 1/16 over.
At $3.15 (the price I saw a minute ago), the socket is about the cheapest "special tool" you can buy to work on the machine.

When it was time to change fluids on my Roxor, I planned a roadtrip to the nearest military base to rent a bay with a lift. I brought all the fluids and forgot the little socket at home. Turns out that the massive mechanic shop had one 8mm square (what the shop guy called a) bolt extractor. I used it together with an adjustable wrench to remove the drain plug. When I got home, I ordered a couple of these $3.15 sockets. Now, I leave one under the seat of my Roxor.

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would highly suggest to check every nut and bolt making sure they aren't loose, even the suspension nut and bolts. You will need two 24mm one socket and one wrench for the suspension, one to hold the nut and the other to turn the bolt. Just my opinion, many critical components were lose on mine..8mm square socket for the Tcase, and I can't remember the size mm for the open end wrench to open the check level plug but it's in your arsenal of your mm wrench kit, 22mm closed end wrench for the oil drain and if you have that red oil skid pan guard it's 15mm, 10mm for the front/rear differential, and 10mm for the tranny...just got done replacing all the fluids just 1 day ago so the parts are still fresh in my head. Since your down there minus well drain out the spark arrestor and it's probably due, I think that's a 4mm open wrench, it's definitely not any specialty tool for the spark arrestor. It's very easy work just time consuming. Have fun

Last edited:

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks all....

Please keep the suggestions and help coming

Just ordered the 8mm male socket. Amazon had none [checked before I asked about using a 3/8 extension] but found several after AZROX said it would not work by internet search.

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You have a grease gun?? If not and grease gun from Amazon with good reviews and at least 7000 psi will do. There is an attachment called "lockNlube" it's a complete game changer I would highly recommend these two additions

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had 3 zerks on the springs that would not take grease with out the lockable grease coupler. You could try it without but if any zerk doesn’t take grease get that lockable coupler.

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks guys, I've bought a 24mm open end and socket and now on the hunt for a good grease gun and will add the grease coupler.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I got that locking coupler at harbor freight. Was very cheap. And it works.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Couldn't I just use a 3/8" socket extension? That is darn close to 8mm
It'll work. That's what I used. The spring loaded ball in the extension takes up the slack. It's only a 1/16th difference. You're not putting a ton of torque on it.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here is a post a member placed on this forum in July 2019. The poster also had an issue with the drain plug.

"Jerry,
I am sorry your request I received said square plug.

The drain plug takes a special fabricated tool. If you take a 3/8 extension and grind down all 4 sides to fit that is what we use in our shop. Please see pic below.

Kyle Maki
North American Service Manager

275 Rex Blvd
Auburn Hills, MI 48326

586.209.7059"

On neither my 2018 nor 2019, the 3/8 fit. Then I read about the 8mm socket and bought a couple.

@Colderweather86: If you can fit a 3/8 into the drain plug, then you have a 3/8 (or larger) drain plug. Maybe Mahindra changed to a 3/8 at some point? Would actually be a good thing.

What is strange about the post above is this: why would a service mamager recommwmd grinding down a 3/8 socket if an 8mm is a perfect fit? Pretty much every bolt on the Mahindra chassis and engine is metric. Well....who knows.

@Deuskid: I'm curious what will fit on your Roxor. Qould you mind sharing when you got the fluids changed?

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I will do so.

I'm ordering skid plates today. I ordered a 8mm recently and wait it arriving. Plan on changing fluids and skid plates at the same time.

@AZROX

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What are the best sources for filters? Are there alternatives to OEM?

I know that NAPA Gold 1324 and WIX 51626 can substitute for the oil filter.

Also, DF oil change kit is 7 quarts of oil. Manual states 7.4 quart capacity. Do you guys go > 7 quarts at oil change or just 7.

Thanks