ooooooooooo

Anyone drop the gas tank

ranchonodinero

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anyone had to drop the gas tank? If so, how involved is it? I purchased a bumper that was listed as "bolt on" and it kinda is. Except for the bolts that go where the most stress is and that is the trailer hitch. No way to get to the location without dropping the gas tank. And, looks like I will have to drill a hole in order to get the new bumper to be able to bolt on. Just wondering what I am looking at or if it is beyond my skill/comfort level.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There’s a drain on the tank. Drain fuel if fairly full. Use a floor jack to help guide it up/down. Might have to drop it slightly to access the fuel line connections and electrical. It’s not a hard thing to do. also if you want a Cecco fuel tank skid now is the time to do it.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have, several times. It's pretty straight forward. You will need to lower the tank a bit to have enough room to disconnect the fuel lines and harness. Much easier to do when the tank is empty.

ranchonodinero

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you! I just need to get it lowered enough to get access so I can get a nut in for a new bumper.

ranchonodinero

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Strong made RBG-60W the mounting holes don't quite line up like they should for the part where the hitch would be. Looks like I might have to drill a hole on the Roxor side. The bumper looks great, but as it is now, I don't think it is strong enough to pull much unless I get the additional bolts in. Unfortunately, the area behind where the hitch would mount on the Roxor is right in line with the gas tank and can't get anything in there unless I drop the tank. The bumper looks great and is heavy and gives a little step too.