ooooooooooo

Any word?

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Well into 2021 now and all the news about Roxor coming out with a 2021 product and their big win in the courts has not have not developed past that. Any work on what's up or is Roxor dead?

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
All I've seen in the last couple months are that 1) they downsized their staffing at their assembly plant, and 2) shareholder posted on this site about 6 months back that during the shareholder meeting Mahindra USA was basically bleeding a lot of cash, 3) They pulled out of the running to build the next USPS truck, and 4) the teaser body design for the 2021 Roxor looks a lot like ET and folks are generally not happy with it. Of course to be fair anyone could easily put the fenders right back on. You'll just have to wait and see if they give the Roxor a second try..........

Realtywill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
On a more positive note......
I spoke with a local dealer today that said Mahindra contacted them to see how many 2021 Roxor orders they were going to place. The contact at the dealer said they would probably have orders to Mahindra in April. Not sure how long after that inventory will be to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I sure hope Mahindra still goes strong with the redesign. The ingenuity of people will make the new design work

B

Bister

All I've seen in the last couple months are that 1) they downsized their staffing at their assembly plant, and 2) shareholder posted on this site about 6 months back that during the shareholder meeting Mahindra USA was basically bleeding a lot of cash, 3) They pulled out of the running to build the next USPS truck, and 4) the teaser body design for the 2021 Roxor looks a lot like ET and folks are generally not happy with it. Of course to be fair anyone could easily put the fenders right back on. You'll just have to wait and see if they give the Roxor a second try..........
All you have seen in the last 6 months is negativity cause that is what you want to see and you are still sticking with the negativity and hanging around I see. Roxor is here to stay, get with the program already. Your are just trying to justify this all and make yourself feel better cause you got cold feet and jumped ship. I get it, not everyone is comfortable with their purchase and bail for one reason or another. My guess is it gets switched to the AG dept and the tractor dealers take them on and in the end "Mahindra Automotive North America" will be gone; so you will get to say you are right on that note, just like you predicted, but the the Roxor will live on under the AG flag. Like I said, the Roxor isn't going anywhere. Guess we will see. This is of course just my opinion from the article of Rick Haas retiring and the Ag division taking it on temporarily ( but I'm guessing that it's probably permanent) and I have been wrong before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My guess is it comes back still as a sxs. I find it hard to believe they will cash out that easy. Don't forget Mahindra is a massive company with very deep pockets.

B

Bister

My guess is it comes back still as a sxs. I find it hard to believe they will cash out that easy. Don't forget Mahindra is a massive company with very deep pockets.
Definatly a SxS, but I can see them aiming more for agricultural and commercial. Lots have been going to the mining industry, and ranchers & farmers love them. Maybe the Ag division would have been the way to go in the first place, but they were hoping to use the Roxor as a gateway to bring their cars here according to the original information, covid didn't help, nor did the lawsuit. I thought recreation first also, but it seems I was wrong on that point and willing to admit it. The recreation is definitely there, and that can still be obtained via the Ag division if they do go that route, but Ag and commercial is a good fit. And they have a *hit load of Ag dealers that know diesels, that's a bonus. Plus in the article they said a third of Roxor dealers were also tractor dealers. IDK, I am just guessing, no crystal ball(s) here. lol

B

Bister

I think they're donskies in the US.
If so, why didn't they just leave already? Makes absolute no sense to spend money just to leave later. If they were leaving, it would be best to to shut it down and leave, no use waiting and wasting money dragging it out and still have folks employed, even if it is a smaller workforce.

Everything is still pointing to a new Roxor coming at some point, other wise they would be gone already.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If they moved the Roxor to the ag side I have a tractor dealer within my street legal ag exemption area. I’d be able to drive to the dealer. The dealer would end up being about 15 miles closer also. Plus I went to school with the owner/manager of the dealer. l‘d be all for that distribution setup.

Worst case we partner with our Indian friends for parts. I think there could even be opportunities for someone to buy a container load of parts for resell. I know I’ve thought about it. Only thing stopping me is import experience and online retail experience. That and the fairly large amount of money it’ll probably take to pull it off successfuly and the time it takes to recoup said money. I do have the logitistics of port to warehouse capabilities experience and equipment. hopefully it’ll be an idea that is never needed. But it’s always a possibility.

DAMCars

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If so, why didn't they just leave already? Makes absolute no sense to spend money just to leave later. If they were leaving, it would be best to to shut it down and leave, no use waiting and wasting money dragging it out and still have folks employed, even if it is a smaller workforce.

Everything is still pointing to a new Roxor coming at some point, other wise they would be gone already.

You can't do it all at once. I'd imagine that their methodical layoffs have more to do with Michigan labor laws and the WARN Act. Corporations do this all the time. I would be shocked if there was a 2021/2022 Roxor. In some ways it's better for us with 2018-2020's as long as we can get parts from India.

B

Bister

You can't do it all at once. I'd imagine that their methodical layoffs have more to do with Michigan labor laws and the WARN Act. Corporations do this all the time. I would be shocked if there was a 2021/2022 Roxor. In some ways it's better for us with 2018-2020's as long as we can get parts from India.
Well, I guess you are going to be shocked then, cause everything is still pointing to a new unit coming. I don't see any benefit at this point to be out right lying to us if they know they are leaving. I guess I'm just more of an optimist.

According to Haas, MANA is on track to resume production of the Roxor off-road vehicle before the end of 2021. Expansion of the automotive business in the United States "depends on how successful the launch of the Roxor is," he said. "There's potential the team will get back to some kind of expansion in the United States. After this, it'll depend on what the new management decides to focus on."

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
All you have seen in the last 6 months is negativity cause that is what you want to see and you are still sticking with the negativity and hanging around I see. Roxor is here to stay, get with the program already. Your are just trying to justify this all and make yourself feel better cause you got cold feet and jumped ship. I get it, not everyone is comfortable with their purchase and bail for one reason or another. My guess is it gets switched to the AG dept and the tractor dealers take them on and in the end "Mahindra Automotive North America" will be gone; so you will get to say you are right on that note, just like you predicted, but the the Roxor will live on under the AG flag. Like I said, the Roxor isn't going anywhere. Guess we will see. This is of course just my opinion from the article of Rick Haas retiring and the Ag division taking it on temporarily ( but I'm guessing that it's probably permanent) and I have been wrong before.

Bister: This response you posted certainly is a HUGE improvement over what you were saying a few months back. Just a short time ago you saying that there was "no evidence" of any kind to be worried about the future of MNA. I recall you publicly attacking folks who voiced very real concerns as though they were stupid. It's all there for everyone to see. At least now your it seems willing to accept the possibility that maybe just maybe there's good reason to be skeptical.

B

Bister

Bister: This response you posted certainly is a HUGE improvement over what you were saying a few months back. Just a short time ago you saying that there was "no evidence" of any kind to be worried about the future of MNA. I recall you publicly attacking folks who voiced very real concerns as though they were stupid. It's all there for everyone to see. At least now your it seems willing to accept the possibility that maybe just maybe there's good reason to be skeptical.
Lol. Read into it whatever you want and twist it around to suit your narrative. My view is exactly the same as it has always been. It’s all there for everyone to read. You're still 'cherry picking' I see. I’m not skeptical at all that the Roxor is staying, but you are still spouting your “proof” I see.
Time to put you back on “ignore”, where in hindsight I should have left you.
Bye.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
THANK YOU :) You've actually mislead the people on this site and if you don't like us talking about that it would be best if you go back and hide in your corner. Thanks for putting me on your ignore list pal :)

DAMCars

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Lol. Read into it whatever you want and twist it around to suit your narrative. My view is exactly the same as it has always been. It’s all there for everyone to read. You're still 'cherry picking' I see. I’m not skeptical at all that the Roxor is staying, but you are still spouting your “proof” I see.
Time to put you back on “ignore”, where in hindsight I should have left you.
Bye.

Sensitive guy or what? Jeez

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My contact at Roxor is solid and super reliable. She’s confident the redesign will be unveiled in April with units shipping in June. She already ordered her demo unit and apparently it’s badass. It apparently is partially the redesign we’ve all seen but with a way more heavy duty focus than previous years. It’s super sad to see the negativity by some people on this forum. Get your act together and be supportive. If you don’t want to do that and stay negative, then get the F off this forum. Stop checking it. Especially if you no longer own a Roxor.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sensitive guy or what? Jeez

Truth :) I think someone needs a hug :)

Blister obviously doesn't like anyone suggesting MNA has big challenges. Who know's maybe Mahindra will pump more money into their American division, but Blister is not willing to accept the possibility that they won't

But one thing I've thought about is their total sales so far. Let say they're making these for 8K each, and after distribution, the dealers cut than maybe they're clearing 3K off of each sale. I'm not 100% but I believe they've sold around 5000 units so far which means they made around 15 million from sales. BUT hypothetically maintaining their MNA workforce and office in the US likely cost around 20 milliion per year. Litigation cost likely added another 100K. This would mean that in the last 3 years they've actually lost a whooping 45 million.

Since I operate a successful business myself I speak with some creditabilty here and say that they either needs to dramatically cut back on costs, or they need to sell a product with broader appeal and dramatically increase sales. With these numbers they'd really need to sell at least 15K units per year to make their business model viable. BUT since Roxor is technically not road legal that severely cuts back on the number of clients who'll want to buy this machine. In which case Mahindra ought to restructure, and produce the Roxor through their agricultural division. I could see that working ok.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My contact at Roxor is solid and super reliable. She’s confident the redesign will be unveiled in April with units shipping in June. She already ordered her demo unit and apparently it’s badass. It apparently is partially the redesign we’ve all seen but with a way more heavy duty focus than previous years. It’s super sad to see the negativity by some people on this forum. Get your act together and be supportive. If you don’t want to do that and stay negative, then get the F off this forum. Stop checking it. Especially if you no longer own a Roxor.

Colin: If your position is soo weak that it cannot withstand a debate, or even a friendly discussion....... well in that case maybe it's YOU who should retreat just as Blister has chosen to do. The rest of us will keep our heads out of the sand and discuss all the angles here without bias.

Last edited: